GANG UNIT LIAISON (FOR GANG ROLEPLAYERS)

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
DeoxYs
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Felix Velasquez

Re: GANG UNIT LIAISON (FOR GANG ROLEPLAYERS)

Post by DeoxYs » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:49 pm

Shout out to all of you PD and SD members for striving to portrait more realistic engagements.
LS-RP Former Tester
Past characters:
Wesley Willoughby, Dominic Sullivan, Christian Maldonado, Yevgeniy Kupchenko

babyfacerod
Mafia
Mafia

Post by babyfacerod » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:35 pm

Looking good
Police Officer II Harvey Baker
West Los Santos Patrol Officer

"We the unappreciated, must do the unimaginable,
and see the unthinkable to protect the ungrateful
"

LHW
Mafia
Mafia

Post by LHW » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 am

Good stuff.

zBadBooyBR
Mafia
Mafia

Post by zBadBooyBR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:50 am

Nice.
no longer playing on the server.

EffPee
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by EffPee » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm

I can completely understand where you're coming from, but to some extent it's not true.

Just because Rodney King's assault resulted in a city-wide riot and many other altercations, doesn't mean it's the only huge case of provoked police hatred. Police Brutality in real life hasn't stopped, it's not a '90s' thing to hate the police, just because such a large event occurred in the early 90s. Gang members aren't gonna bend over backwards to have a nice friendly conversation with police, just like decent gang roleplayers aren't gonna walk up and try to fight (whether it be physical or verbal) with a police officer. Just like many discussions on this server, it's a case-by-case basis, on both sides. Not every police officer is going to roleplay in a way that warrants a level of friendly conversation between them and who they are talking to, in this case, gang members. As such not every gang roleplayer is going to automatically HATE the police, but they will always have some form of disdain for them. Similar to the 'robo-cop' argument, if you as a police RPer wish to be treated in such a way that isn't just a complete fuck the police attitude, you need to act in a way that people want to see the same outcome. I recently had a run-in with police IC and it was a nice, well roleplayed experience that didn't feel on either sides as an 'i hate you' to each other, but I've also experienced police officers just not RPing any sort of personality; while this is alot lower nowadays, it still occurs.

Just some thoughts, but I do also think that sometimes people do go over the top with their IC resentment of the police.

EDIT: It also sometimes relies on the context of that characters roleplay experiences, you can't assume people haven't got an actual IC reason that they hate the police, because that can happen.

Estes
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Estes » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:15 pm

EffPee wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm
I can completely understand where you're coming from, but to some extent it's not true.

Just because Rodney King's assault resulted in a city-wide riot and many other altercations, doesn't mean it's the only huge case of provoked police hatred. Police Brutality in real life hasn't stopped, it's not a '90s' thing to hate the police, just because such a large event occurred in the early 90s. Gang members aren't gonna bend over backwards to have a nice friendly conversation with police, just like decent gang roleplayers aren't gonna walk up and try to fight (whether it be physical or verbal) with a police officer. Just like many discussions on this server, it's a case-by-case basis, on both sides. Not every police officer is going to roleplay in a way that warrants a level of friendly conversation between them and who they are talking to, in this case, gang members. As such not every gang roleplayer is going to automatically HATE the police, but they will always have some form of disdain for them. Similar to the 'robo-cop' argument, if you as a police RPer wish to be treated in such a way that isn't just a complete fuck the police attitude, you need to act in a way that people want to see the same outcome. I recently had a run-in with police IC and it was a nice, well roleplayed experience that didn't feel on either sides as an 'i hate you' to each other, but I've also experienced police officers just not RPing any sort of personality; while this is alot lower nowadays, it still occurs.

Just some thoughts, but I do also think that sometimes people do go over the top with their IC resentment of the police.

EDIT: It also sometimes relies on the context of that characters roleplay experiences, you can't assume people haven't got an actual IC reason that they hate the police, because that can happen.
You worded it very well, bro. And I completely agree.

What I meant, though, is that the hate towards police wouldn't be thrown at their faces (unless it's well-roleplayed and there are reasons). Unfortunately, a lot of gang roleplayers, for some reason, have that "FUCK TWELVE MAZAFAKA GET OUTTA HERE" attitude by default. Which, in my opinion, is poor.

As mentioned in the original post, it is case-by-case. However, this wouldn't be created if I haven't noticed a pattern in the "default" approach towards the police.

Thank you for the input, though, appreciate it.

sick
Devil
Ingame name: Javi Yepez

Post by sick » Mon May 04, 2020 1:44 am

An absolute neccesity to read and keep in mind.

HaloufWarfare
8 Mile
8 Mile
Ingame name: Cody Russo

Post by HaloufWarfare » Mon May 04, 2020 6:10 am

Finally someone had to say it, thank you!

expensive
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by expensive » Sun May 31, 2020 12:04 am

A lot of people should know this. Well said!

ChocoCrispy
Ingame name: Dushane_Knight

Post by ChocoCrispy » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:27 am

Totally agree. Thanks for the input.

Return to “Player-Created Guides”