Outreach Team

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Fractilla
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Outreach Team

Post by Fractilla » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Dropper wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:27 pm
Alban_Berisha wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Give us an official thread regarding the current stage of faceinvader, then update it properly? I think it is quite incompetent to give selective replies instead of an official, frequent and updated summary on what is BEING done. It's been so long since the deadline and the work has not even started?!
I believe the initial thread's definition of a deadline wasn't clear! The 'deadline' is referring to the 'deadline' for application submission, not for the plan's execution. I can't reply to precise technical details or the approach, but I can get back to you with this information. The current situation is and has been that the selection of an adequate team is still undergoing, and that is really just why the thread hasn't been updated—as there hasn't been much new information of substance to be added.
hi does the out reach team still hand out admin jails for bunny hopping miss kitty kat

vionexus

Post by vionexus » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 am

you should put in the adverts about the 5 hours you will have to sit and wait and do literally nothing for stealing a car and not stopping. but really, I think the long prison sentences aren't sustainable anymore, I wish there was some discussion about limiting the max sentence to 2 hours or allowing prison timers to go down when you're offline/on an alt char

Dropper
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dropper » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 am

vionexus wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:37 am
you should put in the adverts about the 5 hours you will have to sit and wait and do literally nothing for stealing a car and not stopping. but really, I think the long prison sentences aren't sustainable anymore, I wish there was some discussion about limiting the max sentence to 2 hours or allowing prison timers to go down when you're offline/on an alt char
Hi! Indeed, stealing a vehicle combined by using said vehicle to escape from police would get you four hours in prison. That kind of comes granted once you begin commiting crimes on the server, which is punished as per the Penal Code. There are many threads addressing this subject already, and as mentioned in this one, it's going to be discussed and reviewed in the upcoming times. The consesus still remains: "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".

Carrozza
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Carrozza » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:19 am

Clique wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:31 pm
Great.

vionexus

Post by vionexus » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:40 pm

Dropper wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:46 am
vionexus wrote:
Hi! Indeed, stealing a vehicle combined by using said vehicle to escape from police would get you four hours in prison. That kind of comes granted once you begin commiting crimes on the server, which is punished as per the Penal Code. There are many threads addressing this subject already, and as mentioned in this one, it's going to be discussed and reviewed in the upcoming times. The consesus still remains: "don't do the crime if you can't do the time".
that literally equates to "don't play the game". I really think it's a bad path to think that these long sentences are in any way. Making somebody sit somewhere, constantly having to tab in and out in an environment where there is zero actual rp anymore for hours and hours is stupid. Especially when a system could be implemented with their prison time going down whilst playing on another character, therefore they can help boost player numbers and interactions whilst still being punished for a pursuit or whatever. People shouldn't be punished OOCly for doing IC crimes and currently, thats what the five-hour long prison sentences look like.

I honestly feel a server-wide poll would show that people want this to be changed. Even capping the sentences at 2 hours, or making them go double-length whilst playing on another char on the same master account.

And if people are constantly getting into unrealistic trouble, always provoking for pursuits or whatever then that's what the admin team are for. That's what ajail is for, the IC prison and IC police should not be enforcing punishments on OOC rulebreakers which seems to be what they do now when they add max time, charge stack and enhance charges. But then, the response is always going to be "thats an IC problem, make an IA report" when sometimes it just isn't the case and people are only punished more for OOC reasons.

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:16 am

vionexus wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:40 pm
Dropper wrote:
vionexus wrote:
that literally equates to "don't play the game". I really think it's a bad path to think that these long sentences are in any way. Making somebody sit somewhere, constantly having to tab in and out in an environment where there is zero actual rp anymore for hours and hours is stupid. Especially when a system could be implemented with their prison time going down whilst playing on another character, therefore they can help boost player numbers and interactions whilst still being punished for a pursuit or whatever. People shouldn't be punished OOCly for doing IC crimes and currently, thats what the five-hour long prison sentences look like.

I honestly feel a server-wide poll would show that people want this to be changed. Even capping the sentences at 2 hours, or making them go double-length whilst playing on another char on the same master account.

And if people are constantly getting into unrealistic trouble, always provoking for pursuits or whatever then that's what the admin team are for. That's what ajail is for, the IC prison and IC police should not be enforcing punishments on OOC rulebreakers which seems to be what they do now when they add max time, charge stack and enhance charges. But then, the response is always going to be "thats an IC problem, make an IA report" when sometimes it just isn't the case and people are only punished more for OOC reasons.
There's suggestion forums, this is not on topic.

Michael_Dippolito
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Michael_Dippolito » Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:36 pm

Dropper wrote: In our push in achieving better transparency and building a better bridge between the community and the staff team
Ha, good one. Believe it when I see it.

La Hembra Alfa
Civilian
Civilian

Post by La Hembra Alfa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 pm

vionexus wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:40 pm
Dropper wrote:
vionexus wrote:

I don't know why you're trying to explain shit to these kids, lmao. Let them keep shit the way it is. That's why everything is trash now. They'll come up with any excuse or counterargument to try to justify the long prison punishments (that must be served while in game) without seeing their error in logic or what's good for the player and the server in the long run. I wrote something about this a while ago, saying our characters are the ones doing the crimes, so they should be the ones doing the time, and not the person behind the screen. My character is a female and goes to prison with males... Most of the characters are trolls who don't want to be there or are just idling and waiting to be released. But then the people who are roleplaying are realistic and have a lot of bullshit to deal with, and, this is just an example, it wouldn't be realistic for a male and a female to be in the same cell together. That's not roleplay, it's stupid and kills the immersion for whoever is seriously trying to roleplay. But nobody is going to do shit, so I just wasted my time writing this after I encouraged you not to explain shit, and I'm still going... Let this server die already so someone can be motivated to make a new and better one. I can't wait for the day when a good roleplay server is made. Then we can let all these kids who love this stay on their dead server with their long prison sentences and stupid rules and ideologies.

ezkNYNE
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by ezkNYNE » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:45 am

These fucking bots are really trying hard to reach you guys...

Abel
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Abel » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:47 am

finally a good breakthrough.

Return to “Announcements”