Pre-Update: A look into 12.2.0 (unreleased)

Moderators: Lead Admins, Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins, Developers

Kane
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Pre-Update: A look into 12.2.0 (unreleased)

Post by Kane » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:04 pm

THE AUCTION UPDATE — 12.2.0 (UNRELEASED)

Hey everyone. Hope you've had a good time during the holidays. I'd like to introduce you to and provide some insight on our first major update of 2020 which is revision 12.2.0. This revision adds over a dozen new additions, changes, and fixes. A lot of these have been frequent requests from the community and I'm happy to announce that it's finally happening.

We've been working on this update since the release of 12.1.12 in early November and I'm thrilled that we're close to wrapping this up and shipping it out to production. Below, in detail, I've included some of the biggest additions to LS-RP that this revision will add.

• AUCTION SYSTEM
    • We've dwelled on the idea of the auction system for the last couple of months and I'm excited to announce that it's finally ready for production. Why did it take so long? As you can imagine, it's a large system and it had to be well thought out. We didn't wanna bring a large system like this to production half-assed with bugs around each corner. The first thing we had to do is establish the general concept of the system. How did we want it work? And et cetera. After laying out the details, we got to work. The details aren't that exciting so I'll move on. So, what is the auction system?

If you don't know what the current property auction system is or just not familiar with any of that, check out this Property Auctions (click) forum board. Newly created properties or properties sold for inactivity or other reasons are put up on auction by our great Property Management team. That gave you the opportunity to bid and win some properties. Not so forum savvy? No problem. That's why this is all in game now and easily accessible by anybody.

This process is intended to be fully automatic, so when you win, the property is yours. This is a big step up from how we handle it right now (it's purely manual, and very work intensive) and should yield better accessibility for all players.

Preview: (Click to enlarge)

• KNOCK-OUT SYSTEM
    • Have you ever been involved in a fight or a brawl and you were put in to brutally wounded? I'm sure most of you have. This is another feature that has been highly requested and I'm again excited to announce that it's here.

A KO is basically a second player state from being brutally wounded. Your HP has to reach that brutally wound point but it isn't going to put you in brutally wounded, but this KO state I'm talking about. We've written an algorithm and what it'll do is check your damage report and determine if a knockout would be realistically possible. We've put some thought in to how those determinations are made but it could always be improved. We'll be looking for player feedback after the first build of this system is in production.

So you've been knocked out. Not so great, but? You're in luck. Your friend can come help you up. After you've been down for 120 seconds, you become available for the /helpup command that your friend can use to help you. Why the wait? Well, you're knocked out. It wouldn't make sense if you were able to be brought up almost instantly. We want the KO system to enhance roleplay opportunities.

• BACK-DOOR SYSTEM
    • For this update, we got in to the property system and we've added back door / entrance support for houses. What does this mean? Your house can now have a back /enter and /exit point. Come in from the back, go out the back. This will work the same way as your front door with door shouting and knocking. You will have the ability to lock the back door separately from the front door.

Unfortunately, this isn't available for everyone. Now here's what I mean. Your house will have to have a physical door at either the back or the side. We won't be spawning any objects so requests for that are unfortunately not going to be taken. If you're the owner of a house and you have one, you can head to the Property Changes (click) forum where you'll be able to request one. The cost of a back entrance is $200,000.

• IN-CAR DEATH SYSTEM
    • This is something I'm most excited about and it's an update to the death system. You know when you're inside a vehicle and you get put in to brutally wounded and you're ejected from the vehicle? This update is going to change that. However, an exception to this is bikes and boats.

When you get killed inside a vehicle, whether it's a sedan or a coupe, you're going to stay in the vehicle and be put in to a separate animation. The animation will differ depending on which side of the vehicle you're in. If you die as the driver, the engine will be turned off on your death. This is the best course of action we can take to prevent a dead man from operating a vehicle.

Preview:

• NEW IMPOUND LOT
    • We're going to be removing the Impound Lot located in Flint County and moving it to the Ocean Dock area in this update. We've worked with the mapping team to map out an area of the old and unused warehouse that exists in the area and we're going to give it a shot as the new Impound Lot.

Additionally, with the new location, I've gone ahead and updated the system. Police officers and impounders are going to be able to hold your vehicle in impound for specified amount of hours. The minimum is 1 and the maximum is 24 hours. What that means is you won't be able to instantly /unimpound your vehicle. You'll have to wait until the hours are up.

Company and faction (excluding government) vehicles will now also be available for impound. I think this will be a huge step up from the previous system and encourage companies and factions to take care of their vehicles. When getting your vehicle out of the impound, you will now be paying based on your vehicle model. Most vehicles will pay the current default but sports cars and alike will pay a much higher price.

Mapping by Coconuty!

• UPDATES BEHIND THE SCENE
    • This isn't as interesting as everything else but I wanted to make note of it at the bottom because of how significant it is and the amount of time it consumed. LS-RP has been running on some dated plugins for a while now. If you're in to dev, you'll understand.

In this update specifically, we updated our MySQL and Streamer plugins. The most significant being MySQL because it involved us having to go through over 580 files and making the necessary changes to be up to date with the latest version and its coding conventions. This is all behind the scene but we're hoping the improvements will be noticeable and the overall performance of the server will improve.

I hope you're as excited for it as I am. Unfortunately, we've had some setbacks due to the current issues LS-RP is facing, but no matter, we're committed to getting this out to the server now more than ever. This post only includes the bigger additions of the revision but there is a lot more to see. A full changelog will be provided when we ship 12.2.0 to production in the coming weeks. Please use this topic to discuss or bring up any questions or concerns. I'll try my best to answer each of you.

Thanks for reading,
Kane, on behalf of the development team.

DadoJ
Head of Admins
Ingame name: Maxine Hayes

Re: Pre-Update: A look into 12.2.0 (unreleased)

Post by DadoJ » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:04 pm

Great job Kane and the rest of the team involved! Looking forward to the revision!

Psycho
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Psycho » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Dope, great work Kane!

OhTwo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OhTwo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:09 pm

This is lit af. Hope you the best of luck, Kane.

unlicensed shotty
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Estrada

Post by unlicensed shotty » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Great job!

Mikey
A Tradition of Service
A Tradition of Service

Post by Mikey » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:09 pm

nice one

DDaniels
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by DDaniels » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:12 pm

dope

debaek
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by debaek » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Fireeeee

F$K
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by F$K » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Good job!

danielswe
LS-RP Tester
LS-RP Tester

Post by danielswe » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Really nice job!

br4ndon
Mafia
Mafia

Post by br4ndon » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm

enormous work

leo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Nazario

Post by leo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:19 pm

best in business

Mackers
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Mackers » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:21 pm

good job

Chelsea Luft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Chelsea Luft

Post by Chelsea Luft » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:22 pm

The innovation leaped out in this update! Well done sis

OhTwo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OhTwo » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:24 pm

Would you still have your gun if you got knocked out then helped up?

Return to “Server Updates”