[GUIDE] How to make money on LSRP (legally & illegally)

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
CodeName420
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Find me ICly

[GUIDE] How to make money on LSRP (legally & illegally)

Post by CodeName420 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:15 am

How to make money on LS-RP

Introduction

You probably clicked on this guide because you're a new player, and you want to earn some cash. Maybe you're not a new player, maybe you're just broke, and you wish to make a few bucks? Or, you just want to learn more ways how to earn some cash? Well, you've come to the right place! In this guide, you can read and learn some ways to earn money on LS-RP.
There are tons of ways to make cash on LS-RP, and it usually takes a little bit of creativity, however, there are also scripted jobs for starters. In theory, you will make more cash doing illegal jobs because you take a bigger risk, however, it doesn't always have to be like that. In this guide, I have decided to split these ways to make cash into two categories: LEGAL, and ILLEGAL.
Click on the category that suits you:

ImageImage
Last edited by CodeName420 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CodeName420
Gangster
Gangster

Re: [GUIDE] How to make money on LSRP (legally & illegally)

LEGAL
So, you have chosen to be on the good side? You can make money legally in two ways - by script, or by roleplaying.
By script, I mean making money by receiving it from the server for doing scripted jobs, and by roleplaying I mean receiving cash from players for whatever reason.

I will begin with the scripted ways to make cash:
1. Mechanic Job

Mechanic job is a really good job to have if you're struggling with cash because it gives you 1,250$ per paycheck for your mechanic duties no matter if you did anything or not! So, you can literally just walk around and you will still make 1,250$ per paycheck.
However, to actually DO the mechanic job, you need to be in a mechanic truck (which you can rent from another player, or buy for 30,000$), and you need to buy components for your mechanic truck. As a mechanic, you accept calls from players who need assistance. Once done, you will automatically be paid for your services. Of course, you will sometimes receive tips from players.

To do the mechanic job, you need to take it first by using the command /mechanicjob in the pickup in Blueberry garage (check pictures below). Then, you can use /jobhelp for a list of commands you can use to assist other players.

ImageImageImage
2. Fishing

What I like about fishing is that you can do it without having to invest any money first! Fishing is probably the easiest way to make money since you can do it an any time; you don't depend on other players. Fishing is also not considered an actual job; you don't have to get hired first, you are always hired as a fisherman and you can use fishing commands at any time.
To go fishing, you first type in /gofishing [1 or 2, will explain], and make your way to the checkpoint. Now, to start fishing, you type in /fish. You will see a message in the chat which will say which fish you have caught, and its weight. Of course, more weight = more cash. To check your total fish weight, you type in /myfish. You can stop fishing at any time you want by using /stopfishing, however there is a limit on how many fish you can have on you. Now, to actually make some cash you have to make your way to the docks where you unload the fish (for directions use /unloadfish as it will set a marker).

Now, to explain the /gofishing command. Currently, you have two options when fishing - from the pier, or from a boat. See the limit I mentioned above? When fishing from a boat, this limit on how many fish you can hold is increased, which means you will make much more cash per one fishing session. You can go fishing on a boat with someone else, or you can buy your own boat at the boat dealership which is at the Santa Maria beach lighthouse. (Dinghy is the cheapest, 20,000$).

3. Taxi Driver

As a taxi driver, you accept other players' calls, and drive them to their destination. When a player enters your taxi, you can start charging them automatically for the ride, which will automatically give you cash when they leave the car. However, I have rarely seen people use that taxi meter feature as usually clients pay enough themselves. Taxi driving may seem like a bad job since the payouts aren't really large, but you will often receive tips from players.
To become a taxi driver, you need to get a taxi license first. The taxi license will cost you 5,000$ if you pass the license exam (which can be quite frustrating to do). After that, you can either rent a taxi from a player or a company who will ask for a cut when you're done, or you can buy your own taxi for 45,000$.

ImageImage
4. Trucking

Trucking is probably the most popular job on the server as it can pay you very well once you reach the highest trucker level. If you reach the highest trucking level, you can earn around 40,000$ per hour if you do the cereal-malt route with a Roadtrain. Trucking is pretty hard to explain, but to shorten it - you buy goods for a certain price, and sell them to businesses who pay more than that so you can make a profit. If you want to learn more about trucking, CLICK HERE.
To do trucking you need to head to Ocean Docks where you get the job by typing /truckerjob. If you have trouble finding the spot, just type in /truckerjob and it will set a marker on the map. After that, you will need a truck to do trucking with. You can rent a truck from a player or company, or buy one yourself. The cheapest truck is the Sadler which costs 25,000$.

ImageImage
Those are the scripted ways to make cash. Now let's switch over to the ways you can make cash by roleplaying:
1. Get hired in a company/business

Right now, there are tons of companies on the servers which are often hiring new workers. These companies will usually post advertisements when they're hiring, so all you gotta do is give them a call and find out more. Companies pay out players depending on the type of company.

There are also lots of businesses on the server, and they also hire new workers every once in a while (for example, nightclubs often hire bartenders, dancers, etc.).

The pay you receive depends mainly on how popular the business/company is. Businesses that are known well by players earn more cash than some underground bars that are hard to find. So, if you want to make more cash, make sure the business you're getting hired in is popular.

Once you get enough cash, I suggest that you try to get a weapon license, and a guard license, because bodyguards are usually paid the most when there is a business opening.
2. Furniture designer

LS-RP has a very cool custom furniture script, and there are lots of creative people that furnish their houses in really cool ways. But, there are also people who have troubles furnishing their house, so they hire a furniture designer. If you are creative, and you want to earn some quick cash, this job is definitely for you. To become a furniture designer you should post an advertisement about your services and wait for calls.
You can earn some nice cash when you get hired to furnish a property.
3. House flipping

House flipping is something that will probably require a big investment, because to flip a house, you have to buy a house first! House flipping can be a bit frustrating because you have to find a cheap house in a decent location, and then you have to find someone to sell it to for more cash than you invested. If you successfully do this, you could make a large profit (when I did it once, I made 50,000$).
4. Small ,pure RP jobs

LSRP is a RP server, and being a good role-player is appreciated by everyone. The possibilities to make some quick cash by just roleplaying are countless! You can roleplay to be playing an instrument and wait for someone to drop some change, you can roleplay to clean people's shoes, you can clean houses, clean cars, etc. You can even roleplay to be a hobo and ask people for some change, all depending on your character. All it takes is a little bit of creativity, that's it!
Last edited by CodeName420 on Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CodeName420
Gangster
Gangster

ILLEGAL
So you wanna be a gangsta, all that schite?(cringe) The following ways to make cash are risky as you could end up in prison, but it's up to your character. If you decide to do illegal stuff, you will make more money (in most of the cases). As far as I know, there is only one illegal job, however there are countless RP possibilities for illegal jobs. Remember that these ways to make cash can have a major impact on your character's development.

Since there is only one scripted job, I will start with it:
1. Thief Job

This job can be taken at the black market. As far as I understood, in this job you have to steal certain cars factions are looking for, and deliver them to their "chop shop" points. When you do that, you will automatically earn cash for each delivery. I've never done this job so I don't know how much does it pay out, but if anyone knows let me know so I can put it here (you will be credited).
Now it's time for the roleplay ways:
1. Drug Dealing

Drug dealing is probably one of the easiest ways to make some illegal cash. All you do is buy drugs from other players, and sell them for a bit more so you profit out of it. At first you won't be profiting a lot, but if you do this often you might make connections and make much more.

If you want to get drugs for a cheaper price, try hanging out with a faction, earn their trust and you will get drugs at affordable prices.
The biggest problem with drug dealing is that the prices are always changing. Some people sell drugs for 200$ per gram, some for 400$ per gram. However, prices also depend on the drug quality (in /mydrugs check how much health or strength a drug gives you). So make sure you buy quality stuff because you will be able to sell it faster.
On LSRP, drugs are handed out only to faction leaders by faction management, so you can't make your own drugs here.

2. Arms Dealing

Arms dealing is pretty similar to drug dealing. You buy weapons from people, and sell them for a bit more to make a profit. Weapons on LSRP are pretty expensive though, so you must have a decent amount of cash with you before starting off with this.
Got enough cash? The next challenge is finding someone who will sell you guns at a decent price. Please, don't just walk up to people and ask them "you sellin straps?" as it's not just very non-RP, it's also pretty annoying. 99% of people will tell you to go away. To buy weapons, you need to make connections, find a seller, etc. The easiest way to do that is, once again, to hang out with a faction.

What's the decent price of weapons now? Well, to be honest, I don't know as I didn't buy much weapons on LS-RP myself, but just like drugs the weapon prices keep changing. Some people sell Deagles for 70,000$, some sell for 150,000$.
Once you buy a weapon, you can finally search for a buyer. Finding a buyer may be hard because many people either have weapons, or don't have cash for weapons, but eventually you will find a buyer. Once you do, chances are high that they will contact you once they need another weapon.
3. Robbing

Before I begin, please note that for robberies both you and the player you want to rob MUST be level 5 or higher. Also, don't go on robbing sprees as it is very unrealistic, and don't go robbing people with an AK47 or an M4 because it's a very stupid idea to bring such a big weapon for a simple robbery.

Robbing is defined as forcefully taking away someone's posessions. You can rob a maximum of 500$ from a player, however there is no limit on how many drugs and weapons you can rob from a player. That means if a player has lots of drugs on him, you can take those and sell them for more cash. Robberies aren't a good way to make cash since 500$ just isn't worth the risk you're taking, but if it good for your character development, then go ahead.
To rob someone, you must have a good motive. You can't just meet up with your friend and say "let's rob someone", no, you must have a good motive to rob someone. Maybe you really need the cash, or you want to rob someone as revenge? Whatever it is, make sure you roleplay the robbery very well (plan it out, etc.). If a robbery goes well, you should hide, and lay low for a while because cops might be looking for you.

4. Scamming

Before you go scamming, please know that you are not allowed to go on scamming sprees either. Also, with scamming, you earn a very bad reputation, and many people will probably hate you because of one simple scam which may completely ruin your character development. Scam at your own risk.
Just like robbing, to scam someone both parties must be level 5 or higher, UNLESS you are scamming someone for a loan or in illegal gambling. Loaning and illegal gambling is done at your own risk and there is no limit on how much you are allowed to scam. Scamming someone can be a very easy way to earn money, because the scamming limit is 50,000$ so that means you can make up to 50,000$ from one scam.

You can scam people for weapons, drugs, but not for houses, businesses, or furniture. Scamming is good, but watch out as with scamming you will earn a bad reputation, and the person you have scammed might get you one day and get their revenge. A person that has scammed you is allowed to rob their money back so watch out because all your hard work may be for nothing!
5. Kidnapping

Kidnapping is something that you shouldn't do very often. To kidnap someone, you must have a good motive to do it. The kidnapping must be planned very well, you must have a good vehicle, and extra help because you will 90% fail if you try to kidnap someone alone. You obviously won't just go ahead and kidnap a random civilian. You should kidnap someone who is valuable, like a high rank faction member. Once you do that, you can ask their close ones for a ransom. You can ask for as much cash as you want, but don't ask for too much (in my opinion, 25,000$ - 100,000$ is good enough).

Last edited by CodeName420 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

CodeName420
Gangster
Gangster

Post by CodeName420 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:19 am

In the end...

I hope that this guide has been helpful as I worked really hard on it. Let me know if I should add or edit anything.

Big thanks to Mat Crooks and other players you can see on the screenshots who took their time for me to take a screenshot.

Peace.

The-Staunch
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eddie

Post by The-Staunch » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 am

Dope Guide, really detailed and well documented bro.
i see humans but no humanity

patnoy

Post by patnoy » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:42 am

https://i.imgur.com/y8gs3aZ.jpg

It's that's me any way nice info.

Farewell to my old homies from my old server, hope we can still tag alone here

King Jay
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by King Jay » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:17 am

Good read for new players, good work man.
shadow lurking

SenioR
TOP SHOTTA
TOP SHOTTA
Ingame name: Keen

Post by SenioR » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:58 am

nice

Chanel
Queen of Los Santos
Queen of Los Santos

Post by Chanel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 am

Will be adding this as a link to my guide, https://forum.ls-rp.io/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=720575 Thank you! Very useful & helpful.
sell your soul for the hollywood dream / you're going to be the next big thing !

Rphael
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Andrew Lourana

Post by Rphael » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

nice one like it

CodeName420
Gangster
Gangster

Post by CodeName420 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:32 pm

Thank you everyone for the nice words. :)

papanomaly
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kiara Hilton

Post by papanomaly » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Detailed guide, that's what we need in the forums.

Onix_Murphy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Onix_Murphy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:50 pm

veri nais

Ryan_Trotter
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ryan_Trotter » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Dope.

Writer
SOUTHSIDER
SOUTHSIDER

Post by Writer » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:28 pm

150k for a deagle, according to your guide & many other ‘dealers’ on the server, then people wonder why the economy is fucked. This is a factor of the issue lmao.

Return to “Player-Created Guides”