Discord

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Discord

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:16 am

So basically, i was in the ls-rp discord and today it logged me off or something, i was still in the discord, but it required a phone verification again even though i was already verified. Then i left the discord and tried again and it said that my phone is already used for verification. Thing is, me and a friend yesterday verified his account using my phone number because he doesn't trust such verifications, but we did it on his discord account in general, for another game's discord. He's not on LS-RP. So i'm guessing this is connected to this issue today, but im confused as to why would it ask me to re-verify on ls-rp when this wasn't conected to ls-rp discord. So eitherway i tried re-connecting many times and then it said "you are rate limited"

What does that "you're being rate limited" even mean? I don't understand. I tried from my PC as well and it's the same thing. And I'm not discord banned that's for sure, also, i asked a couple of staff members about this and they said they don't know except one of them told me to try typing the number like +389 75 without the 0 and it still didn't work. So... anyone that has experienced the same thing and can help out? Thank you in advance.

Kelav Kiro
Forum Moderator

Re: Discord

Post by Kelav Kiro » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:56 am

Try joining through this link https://discord.gg/z8Gn7H

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 am

It doesn't work.. It takes me through the process like if its gonna work but then again it says that this number has been used for verification.

Iconic.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Iconic. » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:59 am

If another person is presently using your phone number, whether you helped him or not, there is not much you can do. I did some research concerning your issue and it turns out that your phone has already been registered and deemed on time-out. The only solution as to your affair is waiting for the end of the timeout. Alternatively, use a different phone number and you'll manage to log in.

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:25 pm

I cba waiting for some time out i didnt even know of that. So I tried with a friend's number but it says this right away

I dont understand whats this "rate limited" thing

MrsHamster
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Mika Borrelli

Post by MrsHamster » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Just wait for a little, the rate limit will fade off. I happened to me before and after some digging on the Discord Support pages, it said it's a common error that will fade after some time. Some people reported it to be two minutes, some took two hours.
If it doesn't pass within 24 hours I guess you should contact Discord support.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:12 pm

I cbaed to wait and tried with another number for a second time and it finally worked and then it completely logged me out of the ls-rp discord and now when a friend sends me an invite link, it doesnt work anymore at all, it doesnt even let me to come on the discord, it says invalid invite. Now it completely doesnt wanna let me in and also i sent a support ticket and it said i'll receive an email but i havent received an email so now what do i do, if some tester can please help me out here not on the support ticket since it doesnt arrive. If anyone knows. If not lock this i give up i dunno how to solve it

btw this is how it looks like and even with direct invite when they click on the thingy on the button it doesnt work, it says to ask for a new invite like this

Last edited by TeodoraMk on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:04 pm

So i thought that i got like auto-banned or something because i re-joined like 10 times due to this phone verification thingy but i got answered on the support ticket and an admin told me that im not banned. So any other idea as to why the invite links come as invalid? Several friends gave me an invite link and none works and says like on the pic above

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

Uh damn i have this issue whole day.. anyway, updates

So basically, i searched on google and this is what i found:
There are only 3 possible reasons:

The invite has actually expired or is invalid.

Him, an alt account or a bot was banned from the server on the same IP address.

He's in 100 servers which is the maximum a user can be in.
So i was sent brand new invites so they arent expired and also im not in 100 servers, so the only option that i went ahead and checked was the second one. I never joined LS-RP discord server with an alt (up until today that is, because an admin told me its allowed to do it in order to check since im not banned on TeodoraMk account), but i couldnt remember whether a friend of mine has joined the LS-RP discord from my internet/IP address because ive had people playing on my computer earlier. I couldn't check this myself on another IP address becauce i dont have any other internet except this one, so.. I checked out this possibility with a friend just now, i gave him my discord to log on it from his computer and internet and it's the same thing on his IP address when he was on my discord account and he is not banned neither. He showed me on share screen:

https://imgur.com/a/dgDQXO8

Same thingy "invalid" constantly both when added via the plus or sent as an instant invite. It keeps showing like that on my internet and on his internet as well on my account TeodoraMk #2978

I don't know any other way to fix this issue, so once again, if someone can help out, ive tried solving this issue whole day, asked many players and staff members and no one knows what the issue could be. :/

Picky
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: [Mask 205713_83]

Post by Picky » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:38 am

TeodoraMk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:04 pm
I'm not quite sure about the reason for that issue but, maybe there's a possibility to try removing your 2FA for a few minutes and log-in using a link sent to your email instead? Once you log-in, have it a try to join one of these invites sent to you previously, if that works, most likely it's a phone bug.

Also, can you try to log-in on discord using your internet browser? Since there are no other options, let's try to give it a try.

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm

I tried that and it didn't work. Also i removed the phone + google authothenticator verification and i tried re-adding another number to verify my discord with, but now that doesn't work neither:

https://imgur.com/a/9GnniyZ

It shows me rate limited here too?? I don't understand any of these issues..

It doesn't want to let me to add another number to it, the old number stays

kyubi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by kyubi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:58 pm

There isn't much you can do, you have to use another phone number and another account. You could try bring it up to Discord support but the last person I spoke that had the exact same issue said that their support does not help. He has to make a new discord account with a new phone number in order to join.

TeodoraMk
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by TeodoraMk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:09 pm

I tried today randomly again and it worked. I don't know how it got solved but it did!

I'll lock the thread.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”