[Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Find all the Laws and Acts of San Andreas in this forum.

Also contains the full Penal Code to list all crimes and punishments.

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Trevon
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Wallace Mortimer

Re: [Discussions / Questions] San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Trevon » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:36 pm

NotharCZ wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 am
We need a "headlight violation".
I always interpreted it under (11)05. Reckless Driving but like Marauder pointed out I don't think you should start giving citations out for that due to OOC factors, I usually just stopped them and gave them a verbal warning and told them to fix it.
(11)05. Reckless Driving ↑
A person who demonstrates careless or general disregard for the safety of themselves or others while operating a vehicle, such as (but not limited to):
Driving on a unpopulated sidewalk, pedestrian passageway, or plaza
Meandering between lanes of traffic erratically.
Demonstrating poor control of the vehicle or driving decisions.

CharlieSN95
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Matthew Maverick

Post by CharlieSN95 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 am

I have a question regarding CCW firearms. Is it illegal to have any modifications on your firearm (such as sights, triggers, slides, etc)? I can't seem to find any information regarding this in the Penal Code, nor the CCW license information.

Flemwad
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Flemwad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:31 am

CharlieSN95 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 am
I have a question regarding CCW firearms. Is it illegal to have any modifications on your firearm (such as sights, triggers, slides, etc)? I can't seem to find any information regarding this in the Penal Code, nor the CCW license information.
Sorry, just noticed this. Unless specifically stated by the LSPD, I do not know of any stipulations restricting you.

whyapac
Priest Of San Andreas
Priest Of San Andreas
Ingame name: Richard Corsican

Post by whyapac » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:13 pm

CharlieSN95 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:24 am
I don't believe a trigger-job, added optics, or a different slide is illegal. As long as the weapon isn't 'ILLEGALLY ALTERED' or capable of automatic/selective fire.
The following firearms are illegal to possess:
All types of bladed weapons (( Regardless of where stored or role-played. ))
Automatic/Selective-Fire Firearms (( AK-47s, M4s, MP5s, Tec9s, Micro Uzis ))
Destructive Devices (( Explosives, Incendiaries ))
Illegally-Altered Weapons (( Sawn-Off Shotguns, Silenced pistols, Sniper Rifles ))
Any modifications you make to a legally obtained firearm that doesn't affect the fire rate, barrel length (to make it shorter if it's a rifle or shotgun) should be perfectly legal. If you install a hair trigger that makes it have a very light pull weight, that's legal. Though, I think having an 'echo trigger' and getting into changing the stock rate of fire is crossing the line.

RICHARD COSICAN, M.D., J.D.
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
OFFICE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS AND PROSECUTIONS

Ignoto101
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ignoto101 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm

I actually find it quite odd that there isn't a unified firearm legislation in place. Why is the LSPD allowed to legislate the usage of firearms, anyway? The State Constitution isn't a suitable answer.

whyapac
Priest Of San Andreas
Priest Of San Andreas
Ingame name: Richard Corsican

Post by whyapac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:36 am

Ignoto101 wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:10 pm
I actually find it quite odd that there isn't a unified firearm legislation in place. Why is the LSPD allowed to legislate the usage of firearms, anyway? The State Constitution isn't a suitable answer.
Congress needs to step to the plate.

RICHARD COSICAN, M.D., J.D.
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
OFFICE OF CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS AND PROSECUTIONS

NotharCZ
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: A Kutuzov

Post by NotharCZ » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:24 pm

There should be a law that prohibits the use of tinted windows.

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) ARTYOM KUTUZOV
RETIRED POLICE OFFICER III MATTHEW BAKER
RETIRED POLICE DETECTIVE LUKAS STREET

Iudex
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Skylar Kimura

Post by Iudex » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:34 pm

NotharCZ wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:24 pm
There should be a law that prohibits the use of tinted windows.
(11)18. Tinted Windows ↑
Windshield: Non-reflective tint must not exceed the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows: VLT% must allow 70% of light into the vehicle.
- Road Law (11)18 is an infraction of $4,000 and impoundment of the vehicle at the peace officer’s discretion.

Ward
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ward » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:30 pm

I think that would only be fair if there was actually a scripted way of installing different levels of tint to your car windows.

Like you could buy a legal one, which just looks cool or could apply a slight filter to your view while you’re in. Or... you could buy an illegal one that would do the same but automatically apply /mask to all of the occupants.

Reason I think it should be scripted is because, in real life, the way officers enforce this would be to use a device that tests how much laser light is allowed though the window. Without a scripted function it’s gonna be more /b and /do fights about what’s what K9 style.

Airwalk
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Airwalk » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Ignoto101 wrote:
Because that's an out-of-character decision made by krisk if I remember right, way, way, way back in the days and has since established.

Ordak!
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Ordak! » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:34 am

Airwalk wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:57 pm
Ignoto101 wrote:
Because that's an out-of-character decision made by krisk if I remember right, way, way, way back in the days and has since established.
Oooo see what i hear from this thief of guns... lmfao go steal peoples guns before ajailing them

Miharu
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Demarco Harris

Post by Miharu » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Ward wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:30 pm
I think that would only be fair if there was actually a scripted way of installing different levels of tint to your car windows.

Like you could buy a legal one, which just looks cool or could apply a slight filter to your view while you’re in. Or... you could buy an illegal one that would do the same but automatically apply /mask to all of the occupants.

Reason I think it should be scripted is because, in real life, the way officers enforce this would be to use a device that tests how much laser light is allowed though the window. Without a scripted function it’s gonna be more /b and /do fights about what’s what K9 style.
You’d need to post this as a suggestion. This isn’t the right place for this to pop up, this thread is purely for questions.

edit: I’ve been told the above didn’t come across well, what I mean is I would encourage you to post this as a suggestion in the appropriate place so that it comes to the attention of developers and attracts discussion, as I don’t necessarily think that will happen here - it’s a good idea, and shouldn’t be wasted!
#FakeNewsNina

Eleanor K
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Eleanor K » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 am

Seems the recent change in age of consent is illogical; did LS somehow get a hyper-conservative government and that's what caused that change? Nearly all of the most democratic countries in the world have lowered the age of consent. It's also highly illogical and realistically problematic for a government to change a law in the manner to increase it after it being lower. There's no way in court a judge can find a persons in wrong doing for maintaining relationships, or not dissolving previous relationships in light of such a change in law. Legally, trying to request that would be a nightmare considering its pretty much a basic human rights violation to say two people, who were previously by law able to be together and began seeing each other due to it being legal, now can't.

Did anyone consider the realistic legal aspects of this change of law, or was it a simple edit of numbers in the text? Did anyone consider the major legal problems revolving around persons previously declared to be able to give their consent, now suddenly not being able to, and the major violation of that persons right to freedom?

Gibbz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Gibbs Brown

Post by Gibbz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:42 am

Eleanor K wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 am
Seems the recent change in age of consent is illogical; did LS somehow get a hyper-conservative government and that's what caused that change? Nearly all of the most democratic countries in the world have lowered the age of consent. It's also highly illogical and realistically problematic for a government to change a law in the manner to increase it after it being lower. There's no way in court a judge can find a persons in wrong doing for maintaining relationships, or not dissolving previous relationships in light of such a change in law. Legally, trying to request that would be a nightmare considering its pretty much a basic human rights violation to say two people, who were previously by law able to be together and began seeing each other due to it being legal, now can't.

Did anyone consider the realistic legal aspects of this change of law, or was it a simple edit of numbers in the text? Did anyone consider the major legal problems revolving around persons previously declared to be able to give their consent, now suddenly not being able to, and the major violation of that persons right to freedom?
The age of consent in California is 18. That's what we're portraying.
CHIEF OF POLICE GIBBS BROWN

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:26 am

Gibbz wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:42 am
Eleanor K wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:31 am

The age of consent in California is 18. That's what we're portraying.
There's 10 total states who have the age of consent of 18, including California.

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas”