Staff Team Update — March 2018

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Staff Team Update — March 2018

Post by Surreal » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:01 am

Hey everyone,

New Testers: We're introducing another batch of testers from the latest recruitment drive. Congratulations to everybody listed, and we look forward to having you in the team. This will be the last batch for now, as our tester team is at capacity. Thank you for the applications!

Official Factions: We are finalising deliberations on new official factions. Expect to see some new official factions very soon.

Property Opportunities: We now allow players to request simple mapping and a "back" entrance to their businesses through property section. Check here for more information. You may also request mapped text on your business, like with some of the custom mapping in the server. We're also exploring the ideas of adding houses to the inside of businesses themselves, so people could role-play owning a business with an apartment above as an example. I'll post more information about that when it's ready, likely in the form of a forum announcement.

Mappers: We're interesting in pursuing more mapping opportunities, especially with 0.3.DL. Be sure to make any suggestions that you have for mapping ideas in the Suggestions Board, and if you're a competent mapper then feel free to apply for a position as a server mapper here.

Auctions: We're still pumping out auctions to put inactive properties on offer for players. We're placing a focus on putting the properties in prominent faction/gang areas on auction in the upcoming batch(s), like Willowfield, Ganton, El Corona and so on. Keep an eye out.

Complexes: As you may have read in my other notice, the property limit was increased and we've introduced a lot more properties to the server in the form of apartment complexes. These will be dotted around the map to increase the amount of opportunities players have to own property in certain areas — especially the middle of the city where houses are not available. There's also a large focus on making these available for factions, and enabling more factions to have a complex in their territory for role-play purposes. Check this thread for more information.

Lead Promotions: We're introducing two additional Level 4 Administrators, Gallardo and Mecca, to help with the lead workload and extend our support to players. This makes our lead team the largest it has been in a long while. Jakey is also being introduced to the Lead Administration team for his efforts over the years as a Game Administrator and as Head of Testers. Congratulations to all of the above, especially Jakey!

Forum Issues: We're going to look at fixing the downtime problems with the forums as soon as possible. Since the errors started popping up on these boards, they've been very unstable and that's tremendously annoying for everyone here — even me and other staff members. Access to the forum's server and files is being extended to other server developers, like Noble, and we're going to look at what we can do in more depth to fix the problem. First and foremost would be investigating what's causing the forums to fully go down and be unresponsive. That could mean tweaking the forum's files, rolling back or changing to another version of phpBB, and so on. Whatever works to resolve the problems.

Contact: My inbox is always open for queries and comments. If you want to strike up a conversation with me about something that concerns you, or want to flag my attention to a discussion that could use input or management's opinion, feel free to reach out to me and let me know. I try to respond to every message that I receive despite the amount that I get on a day-to-day basis. Forum PM is always the best way to get in touch with me and guarantee that I see your message. Please don't rely on IRC or Discord as a means of getting in touch with me.

I will move on to announce a batch of brand new testers, tester reinstatements, admin team promotions and admin team reinstatements:

NEW TESTERS & TESTER REINSTATEMENTS:

Congratulations to the following people who will be welcomed into our staff team for the very first time:

Farrell
Hikari.
Kemp
King G
Klu
ogsherm
Remorse.
schizophrenic
Vichea

And welcome back to the following testers who will be reinstating into the tester team:

Davey
Sebz
Ultra!

Congratulations again, and I look forward to seeing you around the server and the forums! Please contact Jakey to take the next step and be welcomed into the team. He is the point of contact for the Tester Team as your Head of Testers.

ADMIN TEAM PROMOTIONS:

Admin Level 4 -> Lead

Jakey

Admin Level 3 -> 4

Gallardo
Mecca

Admin Level 2 -> 3

BillyM

Admin Level 1 -> 2

Davis
Ibarra
Paddy
Superb

Congratulations to the above on their promotions. Well deserved.

ADMIN TEAM REINSTATEMENTS:

I'd like to welcome back the following administrators to the team:

Jeff — Level 1

Congratulations and I look forward to seeing you around again.

Thanks for reading,
Surreal
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Apophis
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: popposito x dai lo

Re: Staff Team Update — March 2018

Post by Apophis » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:02 am

s/o BIG JAKE

BreaDough
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Jeffrey_Schmidt

Post by BreaDough » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:03 am

Congrats KEMP!

Apathy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Apathy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am

grats yall

Benavides
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Benavides » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am

Congratulations everyone, and MY BOY KEMP.

Shack
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Shack » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:04 am

Congratulations.

Inked
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Inked » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 am

CONGRATS MY BOY JAKE

Torez
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Torez » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 am

Well done.

Malfoy
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Malfoy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:05 am

Big ups Jakey!

Grats Remorse, Klu, ogsherm, Hikari and Farrell!

pablo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: kraus

Post by pablo » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 am

Gz boys.

Timid
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Timid » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 am