The Business Update — Part I

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

The Business Update — Part I

Post by Surreal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:54 pm

Hey everyone,
We recently put out specific feedback requests to all current business owners on the server, went through the business-related 2016 Survey responses and generated a General Discussions thread around business role-play etiquette. The focus here is extending our support to help the business scene flourish on the server and to make updates to both the script and non-script sides of the business system so we can make overall improvements. This is Part I of the business update.

The server will be updated tonight (01/FEB/2017) to bring in several changes, which are as follows:

Image SCRIPT/FEATURE CHANGES

Furnishing your businesses — you are now able to access /furniture inside a business to fully customise the interior of your business and /grantbuild others as the owner of the business. The furniture premium limits work the same way as houses: 150 furniture slots for Bronze, 250 furniture slots for Silver and 400 furniture slots for Gold.

Bareswitch inside of businesses — you can /bareswitch in the majority of the current business interiors.

Warehouse interior availability — you can also request the blank warehouse interior (for a fee) if you want to create a completely new interior from scratch. The same way it works with houses at the moment.

Furniture in garages, bizupgrade rooms, etc — you can also /furniture inside of garages attached to businesses, bizupgrade rooms and so on to maximise your ability to customise your business interiors.

Image BUSINESS FORUM & SCRIPT AND MAPPING REQUESTS

Business forum section (for business/companies) — this board serves as a showcase to display activity around your business or company that does not necessarily tie to a faction. You can also use the board for businesses that belong to a faction already, but their story and activity are strong enough to represent themselves on their own. The section can be used to show-case business role-play as well as serve as an area to advertise openings, events and list any vital information tying to your business such as drink/food menus, building details or other information that an individual might want to know when visiting your business. You will be able to check it out here if you are interested.

Exterior business mapping requests — if you are an active and established scripted business then you may request outside mapping, signs, garages, barriers, labels and so on for the exterior of your business.

Custom enter/exit points — if you are an active and established scripted business then you will also be able to request custom enter/exit points to be added to your business, for example: internal elevators, back doors (to enter/exit the actual property another way than the main entrance), internal access to your garage, rooftop access and so on.

Small script requests — if you are an active and established scripted business then you may also request small changes to the script to complement your business if you have any suggestions to make as a business owner.

The section to request any of these changes will be available here.

Image UPCOMING CHANGES/ADDITIONS

Businesses, and realistic role-play etiquette — in the following thread we have been encouraging community discussion around potential rule changes that affect businesses as well as issues with role-play etiquette and businesses.

Additional script changes — more changes are being reviewed by the development team as we go and the feedback is still being reviewed. This is the first roll-out of updates that affect the business system and business role-play.

Leasing system re-vamp — more businesses and more availability to any enthusiastic players who wish to create a business and offer consistent role-play to the community with frequent openings, etc etc.

We hope you enjoy the new features and are looking forward to the upcoming changes,

LS:RP Management & Development
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

pablo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: kraus

Re: The Business Update — Part I

Post by pablo » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Is there not a fear that this will dramatically increase the price of business which are already quite pricey.

.mikey
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .mikey » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:57 pm

this is sickkk, i love the idea of an official business, it will definitely promote better rp among owners
Last edited by .mikey on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Generic wrote:Is there not a fear that this will dramatically increase the price of business which are already quite pricey.
That is where the lease system re-vamp will come into play and make businesses more available to players. On top of that, official factions and prominent unofficial factions are also able to request a business or two by messaging me.
Thanks to those of you who made my time here unforgettable. You know who you are. It was an absolute pleasure to meet different people from all over the world and spend years building and enjoying a mutual experience together. However, all good things must come to an end, and that time for me has finally come. Best wishes.

2007 — 2019.

Hu$tla
Certified Hustla
Certified Hustla
Ingame name: Memphis_Banks
Location: #hustla #pimp #kingpin #entrepreneur #monemayker #cashnigga #mullalover

Post by Hu$tla » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Generic wrote:Is there not a fear that this will dramatically increase the price of business which are already quite pricey.
It most def will, but fuck it, we need more unique and more realistic businesses which this update will bring for sure.
Memphis Banks - "Life of a Hustla"
"You chase the hoes, I chase the paper, you're a sucka fo' love nigga, I'm a moneymaker!"
[Guide] How to roleplay a Hu$tla![Guide] All animations commands with animated gifs!

♫ Str8 Hu$tle Records ♫

Peter_Nielsen
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Peter_Nielsen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Will lease holders be able to furnish the exterior of their business as well?
an ode to the end

CAZEY

Post by CAZEY » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

Keen as hell! So glad /furniture can now be used in businesses.

Surreal
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Surreal » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm

an outlaw wrote:Will lease holders be able to furnish the exterior of their business as well?
If you are actively leasing a business and consistently opening it to the public, then you will qualify to have custom mapping added to your business. We're looking at offering this to well established businesses all across the spectrum that stick around long-term, as opposed to wasting time on pop-up businesses that make minimal contributions to the server.

2007 — 2019.

ChrisRawr
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by ChrisRawr » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:04 pm

Fun stuff. :idea: :)

Asylo!
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Zach McFlurry

Post by Asylo! » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:08 pm

This is pretty nice.

Cant wait to see what else is gonna' be released in the future.

skaen
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Matt Montana

Post by skaen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:12 pm

Looks good. Great additions to the server, this will definitely make business interiors more unique.

Kebab
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Jeffrey White

Post by Kebab » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:15 pm

This looks like a great addition to the business scene.

Farrell
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: gone

Post by Farrell » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:19 pm

Glad to see things actually leading in the right direction, looks like it's going to be a great addition, especially the furniture slots and scripting.

Evans
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Dushane Carson

Post by Evans » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Looks good. Can't wait to see what people will do with their businesses after being able to add their own little touch.

Superb
Head of Companies
Ingame name: Loay Lorenzo

Post by Superb » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:25 pm

It won't really have much effect on prices as all the businesses get these features and not just a few. Nothing is going to be special, actually I expect businesses to become cheaper as a result of faction being able to request businesses right now.
I love the changes, great job.
Jerry Lance
Former Secretary of State
Loay Lorenzo
Lorenzo High-End Apartments, Downtown

Return to “Announcements”