Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Mechanic

Post by Damian » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:09 pm

Technical overview
Script name: Mechanic
Script author(s): Damian
Authors comment: At first I wanted to transform the mechanic job into a career system but after thinking over it long and hard I thought it's best off left as a job. Mechanics are a NEED for job on LS:RP so it's best that they have their current abilities and more all kept safely in one job id.

Notice I said "more", Mechanics will poses the power to do way more for vehicles around the server. Just like all the other current and new jobs coming this job will be quite the contender with it's own little goodies. Another thing I wanted for mechanics was for it not just to be a job to get a good payday.

I also didn't want it to be a paycheck type of job neither, this job is like the detective job. You make your own wages through your own work and you pay for the equipment in order to perform tasks as well, so there won't be any cases of abuses with this system without it costing SOMEONE money.

Let your imaginations run wild my mechanic fanatics, and remember to always advise how to make the job better.

General information
As always as a Mechanic you need a Towtruck, so you most certainly need to get that out of the way first. Once you bought and or borrowed one you're able to go off and perform your daily mechanic activities. First thing you will notice in your towtruck is that the trucks are now in need of PRODUCTS!

• /buycomp
    While in your tow-truck just type this command in and it will inform you where to go in order to get the products you need for your truck. You can buy as many products for your truck, they auto save so you don't have to worry about losing them during an un-forseen server crash.

The trucks do lose their products when they blowup though, so drive carefully and remain cautious with it around others.

So you got your products and you feel like working on cars now, that's great. The commands available to you are basically what you're already used to, just a new way of performing the transactions.

• /repaircar
    1 - Repair the Engine:
      Basically you are working on the cars health, removing the smoke/near explosion status of the car. Do not confuse this with restoring the look of the car. This can also restore a car's engine from it's death. Yes ladies and gentlemen cars will no longer be scrapped on their last explosion. Their engine will just die instead and in order to restore the car back you must find a mechanic.

Warning, restoring a car from death requires a lot of products from a mechanic.
    2 - Repair the Bodywork:
      You are restoring the visual damage on your car at this point.
    3 - Remove Damages:
      Self explanatory...
    You will need to fill up your blowtorch while inside of your towtruck. Continue reading on to find out more about what a blowtorch is.

• /paintcar playerid/playername color1 color2
    Self explanatory. You will need to fill your spray can paint up via /spraycan. Works the same as /blowtorch.

• /colorlist
    Works for everyone, useful.

More screens can be found here.
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!
Ventrilo.
Highest Player Count:
550!
DamianC.

Hamza
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Samuel Dunham

Re: Mechanic

Post by Hamza » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Here the location you can buy products with the command /buycomp

sa-mp-428.png

sa-mp-430.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Damian » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:35 pm

• Completely revamped the way repairing of cars is done to be more user friendly.
  • /blowtorch//spraycan commands are now gone, it all relies on products inside the towtruck now.
  • Mechanics will now get $1,250 per payday to support their service.
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl7guA2XwOA&hd=1[/video]
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!
Ventrilo.
Highest Player Count:
550!
DamianC.

Elora
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Elora Garner

Post by Elora » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:36 am

• /attach [player id]
      The player would have to sit in the passenger seat of the vehicle. The mechanic will then send the attach request which they have to accept. From there, the mechanic can tow the vehicles.
ImageImageImageRETIRED ASSISTANT SHERIFF
SAN ANDREAS SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT

Shammy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: KEG_Smells

Post by Shammy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:26 am

• /refillcar [playerid] [price]
      Refills the specified player's car for the given price.
  • /checkcomponents
      Shows you the number of components you have.
  • /buycomp [num]
      Each [num] gives you 5 components and costs 200 (so /buycomp 3 gives you 15 components and costs $600).

Component costs
Repair engine - 2 components per 50hp repaired
Repair bodywork - 40 components
Remove destroy - 30 components
Fix engine - 40 components
Paint car - 10 components
Shammy
Image Image Image

Return to “Feature documentation”