Star Wars: The Old Republic

Elves, witches, warlocks, androids, and furfags! Unite!
Grandpa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Grandpa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:02 am

Let this be the official thread for all things Star Wars: The Old Republic!

I don't know about you guys but I've gone ahead and paid the $150 to pre-order the collector's edition before it sold out! Got my promotion code entered in and can't wait for the EAP to start so I can get my smuggler on!

Insert Guild Advertisement here: Also, starting up a roleplay guild that'll be merged in when the servers go up. We're already allied with a bunch of RP guilds so I'd suggest hopping on by. We'll be on a US server though we've got a couple of EU guys with us. Here's the link: http://www.swtor.com/guilds/112193/motley-crew

Belevski Akuji Valenti

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Post by Dustball. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:04 am

We were talking about this earlier, thanks for posting.
I'm honestly shaking in the edge of my seat for this release! I will pre-order this and maybe pre-order another limited edition as a monthly giveaway. Star War FTW!

Neuhaus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Neuhaus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:09 am

Yeahhhh Walter!

I'm getting this, it looks awesome. Haven't decided whether to pay a whole $150 + shipping overseas or just get the normal version. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but the collector's edition looks awesome.

Can anyone confirm though that I'll be able to make a US account even if I buy a EU copy?
Neuhaus
Ex-tester (May '11-Apr '12)
David Neuhaus
Security Contractor

Ex-LSPD Captain
Senior Detective, Office of Detectives
Vice Division, supervising detective
Traffic Enforcement Unit, assistant chief

Sean Leary
Truck driver

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Dustball. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:20 am

Neuhaus wrote:Yeahhhh Walter!

I'm getting this, it looks awesome. Haven't decided whether to pay a whole $150 + shipping overseas or just get the normal version. I'm not a big Star Wars fan but the collector's edition looks awesome.

Can anyone confirm though that I'll be able to make a US account even if I buy a EU copy?

FAQ says you can play anywhere in the world with any copy. They just give the standard warning about latency and so forth (which will be of no concern)

Note: You can create a profile though the website and just plug it in the client when you log in. If I'm wrong, someone tell me so no one is confused.

Grandpa
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Grandpa » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:40 am

I can't wait for this god damn early access program! Walter, you should hop on board this RP guild with us! Neuhaus and several others from LS-RP are joining as well.

Belevski Akuji Valenti

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Dustball. » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:54 am

Grandpa wrote:I can't wait for this god damn early access program! Walter, you should hop on board this RP guild with us! Neuhaus and several others from LS-RP are joining as well.

I heard about it, I didn't pre-order so I don't have an access key D:
& yeah, Definitely! I would like to join the awesomeness the RP guild.

Neuhaus
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Neuhaus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:01 am

Walter_Sosa wrote:
Neuhaus wrote:Yeahhhh Walter!

FAQ says you can play anywhere in the world with any copy. They just give the standard warning about latency and so forth (which will be of no concern)

Note: You can create a profile though the website and just plug it in the client when you log in. If I'm wrong, someone tell me so no one is confused.

Thanks!
Neuhaus
Ex-tester (May '11-Apr '12)
David Neuhaus
Security Contractor

Ex-LSPD Captain
Senior Detective, Office of Detectives
Vice Division, supervising detective
Traffic Enforcement Unit, assistant chief

Sean Leary
Truck driver

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Takashi Miller

Post by Akiba » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 am

Write your character story son! ^

*Akihabara shakes his fist*
Previously: Leader of the Shizuoka-Kai, Shateigashira of Akuji-Kai, Queen Crip of Beasley and Associates, Tester for the staff team.

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Akiba » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:51 pm

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F99K7JipDm8&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Previously: Leader of the Shizuoka-Kai, Shateigashira of Akuji-Kai, Queen Crip of Beasley and Associates, Tester for the staff team.

PurpleHaze
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PurpleHaze » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:00 am

Never played a MMORPG but from what I've seen this game looks great, would a average Windows XP PC run this game or would it take like a gaming computer, I can run San Andreas fine but not games like GTA4 and shit with a high Graphics card.. Anyone?
$$$$$$

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Akiba » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 pm

PurpleHaze wrote:Never played a MMORPG but from what I've seen this game looks great, would a average Windows XP PC run this game or would it take like a gaming computer, I can run San Andreas fine but not games like GTA4 and shit with a high Graphics card.. Anyone?

You may have some speed problems, but It should run. Here are the specifications;

PurpleHaze
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PurpleHaze » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:37 pm

Thanks man really helped, guess it will work for me :D Only problem with the guild will you guys be on around GMT+0 times, like what American timezone are most of you guys from New York or California?
$$$$$$

Akiba
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Akiba » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:39 pm

The main roleplaying times will be when we are all together, but for when we aren't I'll be playing on a different character around GMT hours.

PurpleHaze
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PurpleHaze » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Sure, guess I'll join then.
$$$$$$

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Dustball. » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 pm