Do you guys thing GTAV RP servers will become as popular as LSRP in the future?

The next installment towards the Rockstar franchise. Rockstar returns to San Andreas!

Moderators: Game Admins, Senior Lead Admins, Other Games Moderators

Cheezy
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Pops

Re: Do you guys thing GTAV RP servers will become as popular as LSRP in the future?

Post by Cheezy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:21 pm

Honestly it's hit or miss with some communities. Just find a good group to rp with on a gta v server and everything else won't matter.

No matter where you go shit tier rp will always follow.

Adri
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Do you guys thing GTAV RP servers will become as popular as LSRP in the future?

Post by Adri » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:43 am

https://youtu.be/MJqday8axDA
this my video, enjoying the server to its max.

Miner1985

Post by Miner1985 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm

I think that GTA 5 has been popular since it appeared. It still is on top because it is one of the most realistic games and many gamers like to feel as in real life. In my experience, I can say that I bought a new computer to play on it and I played for some years until I created a family and went to the job. To tell you the truth I forget that games, movies exist because I worked hard to build a home for my family and to have a good life. Some weeks ago I found out that exist GTA 5 for Android and I downloaded it quickly from https://www.jrpsc.org/gta-5-apk/. It was a magnificent moment because I felt like I started to play this game for the first time.
Last edited by Miner1985 on Tue May 26, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darius94
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Darius94 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Miner1985 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 2:18 pm
I think that it become popular now.
agree here
Retired LS:RP Tester

Community Thread

gibsons
Gangster
Gangster

Post by gibsons » Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Voice rp is very funny. I can only imagine how it is to roleplay with Jessica who has male voice haha. If GTAV RP communities will continue to develop their gamemodes, then I don't see any problem why it couldn't beat LSRP and other popular samp servers.

ImperiumXVII
Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Ingame name: Gabriella_Leone

Post by ImperiumXVII » Sat May 23, 2020 7:16 pm

While there are some that are just as popular as LSRP right now, I personally can't get into it. GTA V's map is much larger and its controls are much clunkier; SA-MP has some arcade feel to it that makes it easy to jump in and be able to do anything. GTA V feels like I need to learn how to drive again if I want to get involved in anything that might involve a pursuit or high-speed driving.

Deputy Sheriff Gabriella Leone
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
22 April 2020 — PRESENT
State Senator Sophie Thyne
1st District of the State Senate
21 May 2020 — PRESENT
Attorney General of San Andreas (retired)
26 June 2016 — 26 November 2017

GrandpaCereal
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Damion Carter

Post by GrandpaCereal » Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 am

No.
I don't think GTA V RP servers will equally be as popular as LS:RP and other SA:MP RP servers, or surpass it for the reasons other people mentioned. The thing with role-play servers on SA:MP is that, as said before, the map is not that large but in GTA V, Los Santos is probably the same size or little bigger/smaller than the whole of SA, not to mention the counties and excessively long roads.

I have GTA V and don't intend of playing RP servers, just sticking to GTA Online. If GTA V RP servers do become player, then so be it, but I'll stick with SA:MP RP servers, more specifically LS:RP cuz' of the nostalgia of the game and how well I know most of the in and outs of the game as well. GTA V just doesn't feel right imo.

I'm not saying I won't play it, I will, but to dedicate my time to it over LS:RP, nah.

ImperiumXVII
Junior Developer
Junior Developer
Ingame name: Gabriella_Leone

Post by ImperiumXVII » Sun May 24, 2020 2:14 am

GrandpaCereal wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 am
I don't think GTA V RP servers will equally be as popular as LS:RP and other SA:MP RP servers, or surpass it for the reasons other people mentioned.
There are already GTA V RP servers that are as popular as LSRP, to be completely honest, though I'm not personally aware of how accurate this player counter is (01:14 BST and 500 players? ok)

Deputy Sheriff Gabriella Leone
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
22 April 2020 — PRESENT
State Senator Sophie Thyne
1st District of the State Senate
21 May 2020 — PRESENT
Attorney General of San Andreas (retired)
26 June 2016 — 26 November 2017

Shark Bones
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Shark Bones » Sun May 24, 2020 7:55 am

Unfortunately the one LSRP-like server I played on (that I will not name drop) had a staff that was the most infuriating to deal with when it came to faction relations. I really hope another strong LSRP-type server pops up for GTA5, it's a fun game to RP in. Though in my opinion, SA's map is a bit more full and varied for fun RP.

GrandpaCereal
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Damion Carter

Post by GrandpaCereal » Mon May 25, 2020 3:15 am

If I didn't have a potato of a "computer", I would've played some GTA V RP to try new avenues of RP on a different game and up-to-date one but since I don't, I'll just stick to GTA Online.

Bluman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ingame name: Melvin Davis

Post by Bluman » Mon May 25, 2020 11:07 am

The sync on RageMP is a long way off in comparison to the sync on SAMP. Completely different engines and RAGE uses more complex algorithms so even GTA Online is far from perfect. GTA5 RP servers just feel clunky and heavy compared to SAMP servers, probably biased because I've been on SAMP since 2008 and have grown very accustomed to it.

The GTA5 RP culture will be just as popular as SAMP, if not more, simply because it's become more mainstream and is heavily covered by streamers and journalists. Most of the communities now are charging exorbitant amounts for in-game assets so only time will tell if that will be the death of GTA5 RP.

Shark Bones
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Shark Bones » Sat May 30, 2020 11:43 am

I tried DOJ for a week or two, my only issue with it was they handle it like a strict PD type deal, even if you are RPing a civilian. Like, every time you log in, you have to log and write paragraphs on *every RP you have* and that's a little grating. I like the style of RP, just that level of paperwork as a bit much to do as a civilian. If I was a cop it'd be different, probably.

TearQQ
Gangster
Gangster

Post by TearQQ » Sat May 30, 2020 5:04 pm

GrandpaCereal wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:05 am
No.
I don't think GTA V RP servers will equally be as popular as LS:RP and other SA:MP RP servers, or surpass it for the reasons other people mentioned. The thing with role-play servers on SA:MP is that, as said before, the map is not that large but in GTA V, Los Santos is probably the same size or little bigger/smaller than the whole of SA, not to mention the counties and excessively long roads.

I have GTA V and don't intend of playing RP servers, just sticking to GTA Online. If GTA V RP servers do become player, then so be it, but I'll stick with SA:MP RP servers, more specifically LS:RP cuz' of the nostalgia of the game and how well I know most of the in and outs of the game as well. GTA V just doesn't feel right imo.

I'm not saying I won't play it, I will, but to dedicate my time to it over LS:RP, nah.
There are already RP servers who are more popular than LSRP on Gta 5, averaging around 500-700 people. But like you did say, GTA 5 is a bit clunky for me too and I have tried it, but always end up jumping back to SA:MP due to the old nostalgic feeling and just how the game plays.

Return to “GTA V”