Using unrealistic skins is bug abusing

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: Using unrealistic skins is bug abusing

Post by Adorn. » Sun May 11, 2014 2:41 pm

Good to see that this has been brought up.

Paddy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Francisco_Delafuente

Post by Paddy » Sun May 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Dastardly™ wrote:Daang.

That could be annoying for some people with those HD skins which are stupidly tall.
I don't think that's a bug abuse, as it's not giving them an advantage. If anything, having the HD skins puts you at a bigger disadvantage, so you're not really bug abusing are you?
Deputy Sheriff Francisco Delafuente
Santa Clara Valley Station
Los Santos Sheriff's Department
Formerly Darragh Aidan McLenaghan
Assistant Sheriff
Executive Office of Administrative Services
Paddy
Retired Bad Administrator
Shite Video Maker
(clicky)

Popsicle
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Popsicle » Sun May 11, 2014 6:53 pm

Paddy wrote:I don't think that's a bug abuse, as it's not giving them an advantage. If anything, having the HD skins puts you at a bigger disadvantage, so you're not really bug abusing are you?
Not really, if your skin is shot in the head on my screen and your modded skin is taller then it could hit your skin in the chest on your screen.

Made this for anyone who doesn't understand.
ᛈᛖᛀᛁ ᛞᛖᚨᚦ ᛋᚴᚢᚨᛞ
ᛚᛁᚴᛖ ᚲᛟᛗᛗᛖᚾᛏ ᛋᚢᛒᛋᚲᚱᛁᛒᛖ

DaGibbs
Soulja 4 Life
Soulja 4 Life
Ingame name: S4L

Post by DaGibbs » Mon May 12, 2014 6:44 am

Damn, this has kind of ruined a few things for me, but I'm not too mad, just a bit exasperated.
Soulja 4 Lyfe

Volume
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Volume » Mon May 12, 2014 7:51 am

Is it allowed to /re to have your skin checked? I'm not sure if my skin fits good enough.
This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this and get away with it, hey that's great.

But it's very predictable. There's so many ways you can screw it up.

Gavin McAleese

Shotgun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shotgun » Mon May 12, 2014 9:54 am

Volume wrote:Is it allowed to /re to have your skin checked? I'm not sure if my skin fits good enough.
You're allowed to request an admin to try it out, but you're better off sending pictures of it to someone like me so they can focus on other aspects of admin duty.

Jo$e Guapo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Roy_Baresi

Post by Jo$e Guapo » Tue May 13, 2014 2:41 am

PrinceOfThaWest wrote: For example, I am using a fat Ballas skin and have some random fat mod on it, to other players I'll be displayed as that mod instead of the usual default skin. Next dude who uses fat Ballas skin as well, but has some other mod installed on it will be displayed as that mod he has instead of usual fat Ballas skin as well. It will also provide skin variety in the game, plus there will be no more need for those /ame descriptions players are using most of the time.
---
But yes, that is only the future and some sort of my own personal imagination. For now, we'll be careful with what we install into our games.
Though this will be amazing, I doubt it'll ever be possible on SAMP, unless they invent some special thing that people insert their mods in on GTA instead of users game it be like some special server type thing :?

KaylaSpace
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: CrimePaysInAllWays

Post by KaylaSpace » Tue May 13, 2014 7:06 am

What would people suggest the best way for us to double check? I'm 99.9% sure none of my mods change my chars substantially but I've a little uneasy to risk a ban because my mod on gangrl3 is a half inch shorter then the default skin or something.
I WAS LOST BUT NOW I'M FOUND
GATHER CHILDREN, COME AROUND

Shotgun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Shotgun » Tue May 13, 2014 11:20 am

Have a friend try and shoot you in the head and limbs, then see if it registers. Do it in a house with /heal or on a movie server.

GoochLocc
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by GoochLocc » Tue May 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Dr. Felix wrote:But... This is so minor....
Not really. I don't know how everybody is getting so confused about this.

Basically, the skinmods that will be disallowed will be midget skin mods (meaning the shooter has to shoot around shin/knee height to hit the other player, because a direct hit on the players body (torso for example) who's using the skinmod won't hit, as the skinmod makes them much smaller, therefore the hitbox is completely altered and on their screen the bullet will simply fly above them, despite it hitting them directly in the torso on your screen). That and altering a fat player such as Big Bear skinny as hell, rather than something which is similar/the same build as the original skin.

The majority of skin mods around are perfectly fine to use, because they're pretty much the exact same build as the original GTA SA skin they've modded over, only difference is a new face and/or clothing. That's not a problem, the problem is when you have a skin that's not the same, or even similar height/build as the original one which is technically abusing to avoid being hit.

I'm shit at explaining, but i'm sure you all know what's what now. Any regular skin mod such as PD/Swat/SD & the gang/mafia type modpacks you see released are perfectly fine.
Don't Give A Fuck 14.

Trumavarium
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Trumavarium » Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 pm

I've always disliked when people use ultra-skinny skins and roleplay super fat. Surely, we can all imagine and whatnot, but it's kind of difficult to know their superficial attributes without them doing the occasional "/ame" upon approach.

I know it's not available, and I know it's not their fault, but the same goes for when people have white skins and "/ame" them being black. (Usually the DoCs do this, since there's no black skin for that profession)

ENVY.
Gangster
Gangster

Post by ENVY. » Tue May 13, 2014 8:09 pm

sucks for Jord Drum

drumj
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by drumj » Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm

ENVY. wrote:sucks for Jord Drum
I'm quite lucky really because all the mods I make are made to fit the skins they're made for, the only exception is the fat biker skin in the renegade modpack , but then I've made a default version too...thankfully.

ENVY.
Gangster
Gangster

Post by ENVY. » Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm

drumj wrote:
ENVY. wrote:sucks for Jord Drum
I'm quite lucky really because all the mods I make are made to fit the skins they're made for, the only exception is the fat biker skin in the renegade modpack , but then I've made a default version too...thankfully.
yeah i was gonna say because your char is fat and there aren't any good fat white guys :P

McGrath
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by McGrath » Wed May 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Does this prevent you from setting the widescreen mode to 'on' in the options?

Because it makes everything wider and as a result, your skin appears smaller.

Return to “Announcements Archive”