Your Email Address

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Your Email Address

Post by Dec » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:53 am

This is a constant issue I'm seeing multiple times every day and it's time to make it crystal clear so you don't waste your (or our) time in trying to recover your accounts.

When you create accounts you are asked to put in your email address. I don't see why so many people decide to use temporary/disposable email addresses, or ones which they don't have access to or whatever. You MUST put a valid email address in for two important reasons:

1. All password resets will only be sent to this account by our automated system
  2. We use your email address to confirm ownership of your account. It's the only information the real owner of an account can give, as it is your own personal email address.

Now the first point isn't that important. If you get locked out from your email account or, for some reason, you can't access it anymore, we are more than happy to change it to something current so you can have your password reset. The second point is the most important one, as we cannot proceed with any request on the support ticket site until we are 100% certain we are talking to the account owner. You MUST be able to state the exact email address that you used for the account when asking for help. This doesn't just apply to password resets or email changes, but to any support you require over the ticket site.

I'm seeing far too many "I forgot it" or "I made a 10minute one so I don't know it" - I'm sorry, but we will not be able to help you out. There is no point listing stats or trying to match up admin records etc. You either tell us the email address for the account or you have lost it. It's as simple as that. You are asked to put an email address in (something only you will know), so why people use one other than their own personal active email address is beyond me. If you send a ticket in and cannot provide the email address for the account you are having trouble with then we will simply close the ticket.

EDIT: Staff editting your details no longer applies due to the new UCP system. You can do it yourself now.
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

Florida
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Felony_Flyers

Re: Your Email Address

Post by Florida » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:31 pm

If you know someone's UCP e-mail address though, you can send a ticket in and have it changed to whatever you want.
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

Dec
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dec » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Florida wrote:If you know someone's UCP e-mail address though, you can send a ticket in and have it changed to whatever you want.

Come on, you don't think we're that stupid do you?
I currently hold this title:
First person ever in LSRP history to go from Level 1 admin --> Lead Admin TWICE

kavinsky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Not_Pitchounette

Post by kavinsky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:03 am

Florida wrote:If you know someone's UCP e-mail address though, you can send a ticket in and have it changed to whatever you want.

Dec highlighted the last bit of a fact to proof that you are the owner. It should be obvious that the IP needs to match and other factors we are using to determine ownership. The problem Dec said is not from our end to proof it, we can sit there for 200 hours and figure it out, but it is a huge waste of time if you have 50 tickets open become someone used a silly mail address. Just use something only you know and ya'll be safe.
kavinsky
Prolocutor
Designer
Administrator
Allison Garner
Police Officer
LSPD

Arnold McTrevor
Chief Judge
Department of Justice

Safwan_Sabqi
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Safwan_Sabqi » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:38 am

Is UCP and IG character email two different things? If so, how? I mean we're only asked for one email address during registration of our account I believe unless I've forgotten.

#Fern
Mafia
Mafia

Post by #Fern » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:28 pm

OKay.

ygszn
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by ygszn » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 pm

lol

long123

Post by long123 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:39 am

The second point is the most important one, as we cannot proceed with any request on the support ticket site until we are 100% certain we are talking to the account owner.
www.meizu-mx5.com

Rondo_Jones

Post by Rondo_Jones » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:58 am

Pretty simple process. I came back after a long break and changed everything really easy with my email.

Rico
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Da Real Rico

Post by Rico » Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:18 am

mm alright

Eminemsliv

Post by Eminemsliv » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:03 pm

I followed you for a long time You answer the questions very label

Xanny
Team Rocket +++
Team Rocket +++
Ingame name: TSM

Post by Xanny » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:38 pm

So I send a ticket if I wanna change my UCP/Forum email?

Mondim
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Retired

Post by Mondim » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:40 pm

xValkyrie wrote:So I send a ticket if I wanna change my UCP/Forum email?
http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &hilit=FAQ

Return to “Announcements Archive”