Masks Are OOC

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

emyouel
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: lil' Tre'

Re: Masks Are OOC

Post by emyouel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Chad Wallace wrote:Indeed, but AFAIK, accessories from the mall shop will be savable from next revision, so just hang on.

Love to hear that's :D
but i think mask is still useless
fly like an eagle,live my live so illegal,we gonna ride at ya people,see the evil in our eyes it do or die

Whats_Good
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Ross_Walker

Post by Whats_Good » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:22 am

I was RP'ing with this guy undercover, so I need my mask to hide the blue name. He said "unmask" or we're not RP'ing. :( - I take it that's not allowed right?
OOC Character Information:
Spoiler: show
Ross Walker: Former LSPD Staff Sergeant, transferred to the SASD, now retired.
Howard Flowers: Kidnapping EMT's since 1972.
Raymond Galloway: Earning a decent wage.
Jesus Benitez: LSPD, Police Officer II

HeavenShock
Hebrew Crunk
Hebrew Crunk

Post by HeavenShock » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

There tons of things that prevents me from buying a bandanna, and not a permanent mask for $5000, Sunglasses or Bandanna disappears after logging off or even crashing - useless spent of money.
Mask is always on so...
Sig Removed - Oversized

Mister-Doug
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Mister-Doug » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:57 pm

After reading every page and post of this topic, I think that until the bandana's, glasses, hats etc.. from the mall are savable that the masks should be IC and OOC because there are always crashing, restarts, logging etc.. so those who aren't donater (Even though I am) have to pay $5,000 on mask and the same on script items such as hats, bandana's etc..

So I think until the items are savable and stay even when logging, crashing, restarts etc..then this rule should be in place but temporally masks should be both IC and OOC to avoid MG and so players can RP the mask as hat's, hoodies, glasses, bandana's etc..

Hiding in bushes, behind walls etc.. are also another good reason for masks which was posted a few times since all some players do is see the name tag and go over to the person so masks SHOULD STAY.Without MASKS there would be more reports about MG and this would cause more work for admins and testers etc..

This (Mask's being both IC and OOC) should just be temporally and changed as soon as the savable items come into effect (If they do). So there isn't any moaning about items bought etc..

Also those who abuse masks are normally dealt with anyway since there are punishments put in place for them and they normally end up found out in the end.

Another problem which would cause more OOC moaning etc.. would be when a player has bought these items from the mall, if they crash and forget about buying another item but are masked, then the player who this has happened to when in a situation would possible /b complain and this would ruin the RP and would start an OOC argument within the middle of RP.

So basically I think that masks should be both IC and OOC until the mall items are savable after looking at both sides of the argument and reading the posts/topic.
Lee
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Past Characters
Tanaka Lee - Ex Akuji-Kai: Shatei
Khan Kaiseng - Ex TRG: Soldier

DominicMcgoneli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Dominic_Froquinzy

Post by DominicMcgoneli » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Yeah definitely useful post, now whenever someone will complain about me metagaming, I'll instantly refer him to this thread.
The world is not running by laws written on the paper, it's running by people!

MasacruAlex
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: ?????????

Post by MasacruAlex » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:35 am

Whoever said /mask is useless has no imagination.

- Guy pisses you off? You h it him, cop sees you? You run, he got your name tag, maybe your car.
- You escape? Wat you do?
- /mask + new skin
- profit.

In rl you'd have more chances to be missed by cops in a city after they failed to catch you than you do in Los santos without a /mask, it's all about using it wisely and that's why I always get SILVER membership.

Dustball.
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Dustball. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:26 am

Whats_Good wrote:I was RP'ing with this guy undercover, so I need my mask to hide the blue name. He said "unmask" or we're not RP'ing. :( - I take it that's not allowed right?

Masks are OOC but he does not have the right to go OOC. If he simply refuses to RP afterwards, report him for not willing to RP & trying to MG since he was probably most definitely trying MG to look at your nametag. Point blank, he can't decided to not role-play because you ignore him OOCLY.

Leon_Rizzo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Saru_Arakida

Post by Leon_Rizzo » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Question regarding Masks and OOC.

I was Ajailed by Collins for "abusing mask"

Because I was using )) (brackets) in my IC chat instead of revealing my names via /b
I thought the whole point of it was to keep your name hidden?
I, Saru Arakida, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Prideous
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Prideous » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:05 am

Fact is if they removed MASKS, or made them a one time payment of $5,000. There will be alot less donators, as everyone I know (including myself) donates just for the free saving Masks.

Roselli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eckhart Cohen

Post by Roselli » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Leon_Rizzo wrote:Question regarding Masks and OOC.

Because I was using )) (brackets) in my IC chat instead of revealing my names via /b

Because it is abusing the mask, OOC chat is /b, if you think people are abusing your name in /b report them for this. Don't put OOC in normal chat or /do which I see a lot of people doing. It's not allowed and you can/will be ajailed for it.
Francesco Gallone
Currently employed as National Security Advisor in Washington D.C.
Former Los Santos Police Department
Lieutenant II.

Eckhart Cohen
Licensed attorney (State Bar #153)
Deputy District Attorney

Leon_Rizzo
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Saru_Arakida

Post by Leon_Rizzo » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:29 pm

Roselli wrote:
Leon_Rizzo wrote:Question regarding Masks and OOC.

Because it is abusing the mask, OOC chat is /b, if you think people are abusing your name in /b report them for this. Don't put OOC in normal chat or /do which I see a lot of people doing. It's not allowed and you can/will be ajailed for it.

Then whats the point of the MASK then? I thought it was to stop MGers and using /b sort of well.. defeats that purpose?
I, Saru Arakida, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Buttons
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: eatacidseegod

Post by Buttons » Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:30 am

Prideous wrote:Fact is if they removed MASKS, or made them a one time payment of $5,000. There will be alot less donators, as everyone I know (including myself) donates just for the free saving Masks.

True.
I don't even use the BMX much anymore since it's shit, mask is the main thing I paid for. Accessories should be savable and there should be an option where it's savable (more expensive) and an option where it's not (less expensive)
So perhaps:
/buyaccessory (or what ever the command is)
1 (facerag)
4 (green color)
(( Would you like a savable accessory (1) or an unsavable accessory (2), please enter your preference. ))
Then you enter
/buyaccessory 1 4 1
Which will give you a savable green face rag for $3,500.

/buyaccessory 1 4 2
Which will give you an unsavable green rag for $750

Yes, there should be options.
Left no prints at the scene, no DNA so I got off clean,
scanned the area for cctv, none in sight so aim the gun around freely,
I am known as number one, and I'll put holes in you for fun

Roselli
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Eckhart Cohen

Post by Roselli » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 am

@ Buttons, that's a good idea, though you should put it in suggestions when they are open again!

Anyway, it is annoying that people ask stuff in /b to try to get your name when you're masked, just ignore them if it's not an admin or a tester, they're just trying to find out who you are through some kind of OOC powergaming. If people do something like this: "/do Does mask look like your_name?" then you are supposed to answer with /do, yes or no would suffice, and don't powergame that you're not the person who you actually are.
Francesco Gallone
Currently employed as National Security Advisor in Washington D.C.
Former Los Santos Police Department
Lieutenant II.

Eckhart Cohen
Licensed attorney (State Bar #153)
Deputy District Attorney

• iGoon •
Mafia
Mafia

Post by • iGoon • » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:50 am

Make 10k saveable. 3k is nothing since people spend 5k now on a mask that dosnt save.

EDIT: or if they are 3k make the save for 7 paychecks or a total of 7 playing hours.

Jeronix
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Vincent Carney

Post by Jeronix » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 pm

krisk wrote:You were ajailed/banned for using brackets in IC chat
I doubt that is the case, in /me, /do, /low and local chat you may use brackets while masked to avoid revealing your name. However this is not to be abused. There is a clear line between a good usage of OOC me/do's and abuse. Where abuse obviously is using the commands for trolling; /me farts )), /me rapes X )), /me is naked (million spaces) )) etc.

Glad that you cleared out this part. I've seen people being jailled for using brackets in an IC chat to not to reveal there identity.
I, Jeronix, will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fulfill the groups purpose!

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”