Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[Boxing Instructor] Mark Kostopoulos [D]

Post by DiGa » Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 pm

BOXING INSTRUCTOR JOB APPLICATION

• Character name: Mark Kostopoulos
    Character age: 30
    Character level: 27

Character's associated faction: The Greeks.

Are you applying to be a Kung-Fu Instructor or a Boxing Instructor?: Boxing Instructor.

How will your character's faction affect your role-playing style for the job?:

My character is an Ex-Boxer from New York that is directly tied to the Greek mob. He started boxing as a hobby at the age of twenty-two years old but got heavily involved later on to the point where he was forced to give up on his career (he was a rising star) in order for his crew to cash in big on a fixed match. He received a relatively large slice out of the earnings and, with the rest of the money he put aside, he was able to invest into opening a boxing gym in Los Santos.

I will use the opportunity of being a Boxing Instructor to train the potential and existing members and to build a boxing club around the gym.

Why do you want the fighting instructor job?:

My character retired from a boxing career a few years back, but he kept on training himself and others. He wanted to open up a boxing in NY in 2020 but was forced to come down to LS to continue the operations conducted by the Greek mob.

He was, however, greatly supported by the man in charge to invest into a property around Verona beach and to organize a boxing club so they can train new members.

I want the boxing job because it will greatly help my character properly role-play as a boxing trainer and als earn money from it while he's doing it. I'll role-play everything accordingly and I won't offer the script-wise fighting style after just a boxing lesson- I plan on it to take a realistic amount of time before my members are ready to fight properly.

How do you intend to train characters?:

1. The Warm-Up:

- Skipping rope.
    - Duck and weave.
    - Shadow boxing.
    - Parry return drills.
    - Pad work.
    - Running.

2. The Boxing Stance:

The main fighting stance that my character is teaching the people who are trying to learn is the one where they will have to place their feet about a shoulder length apart, with their dominant leg in the back and the other upfront. Their feet should be on both sides of the line, with their dominant heel touching it while point out.

They will be trained how to defend their face and their body, depending on where they are getting hit. The fighers are supposed to have a "sideways" type of stance, because facing their adversaries squarely just offers them a bigger targe to punch.

3. The Footwork:

The trainees will be taught how to move their feet while fighting in a balanced manner so they can have an easier time moving in and out.
    They will be required to spread their feet, but not too far away from eachother and definitely not too close together.

4. The Punches:

- Jab.
    - Cross.
    - Uppercut.
    - Hook.
    - Combination.

5. The Defensive Techniques:

After their stance is perfected and the warm-up is done, the fighters will be taught proper defensive techniques because, in boxing, one of the most important aspects is to avoid getting hit.
    It's similar to Poker to a degree- you need to maximize the damage done whilst minimizing the damage taken.

6. The Sparring:

The actual sparring is the last thing the fighters will train for and, of course, it will offer my character an idea when it comes to what basics the fighters still need to master before they can properly fight in the ring.
    The sparring itself should make the trainees understand how it is to fight a real opponent and will offer them the opportunity to put together everything they learnt into a complete package.

Do you have any previous experience role-playing as a fighting instructor?:

No, I don't, but I'm looking forward for the opportunity to give it a shot.

.Pluto.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Boxing Instructor] Mark Kostopoulos

Post by .Pluto. » Thu May 14, 2020 9:28 pm

DiGa wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 9:27 pm
Side Job Application — DENIAL

Dear DiGa,

The Side Job Moderation Team has reviewed your application. Following an extensive review, we regret to inform you that you do not meet all the necessary criteria and will be denied for the following reason(s):
  • Applications are closed now, re-apply when we re-open the applications.
Do not let this discourage you from future attempts. Should you have any questions or concerns about the verdict of your application feel free to reach out.

Regards,

Shieldmaiden
Side Job Moderation

Return to “Archive”