Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

[Boxing Instructor] DeAngelo Singleton [A]

Post by ZayDoe » Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:06 pm

BOXING INSTRUCTOR JOB APPLICATION

• Character name: DeAngelo Singleton
    Character age: 24
    Character level: 32
    List all current and past character names, on every account, and their levels:
  • Keith_Jones
    Giovanni_Rivera
    Marcus_Frazier
    Giovanni_Rivera
    Andre_Allen
    Giovanni_Rivera
    Seondre_Williams
    Trayvon_Price
    Maurice_Anderson
    Destiny_Rivera
    Rasheed_Smith
    Andrew_Jordan
    Sharif_North
    Jasmine_Greymont
    Jasmine_Mosley
    Antonio_North
    Dexter_Thomas
    Tyreek_Meadows
    Gakirah_Barnes
    Lakeisha_Walker
    Alejandra_Navarrete
    Tayvion_Carter
    Aaliyah_Garnett
    Shaquan_Watson
    Brianna_Mosley
    Tanasia_Hawkins
    Isaiah_Hawkins
    Ayumi_Takigami
    Alejandra_Gonzalez
    Tayvion_Williams
    Sharif_Blair
    Tanisha_Williams
    Sergio_Rivera
    Isabella_Jimenez
    Isaiah_Richardson
    Lacey_Taylor
    Taiesha_Williams
    Maurice_Hawkins
    Victoria_Lavigne
    Junior_Ramsey
    Maribel_Fuentes
    Shaquan_Thompson
    Imani_Taylor
    Imani_Davis
    Tytiana_Thomas
    Amy_Kim
    Jamila_Taylor
    Lacey_Carter
    Kiera_Price
    Isaiah_Rivers
    Jamila_Carter
    Darnell_Jordan
    Alejandra_Villanueva
    Junior_Ramsey
    Amanda_Aniston
    Character's current faction: N/A

Are you applying to be a Kung-Fu Instructor or a Boxing Instructor?: Boxing Instructor

How will your character's faction affect your role-playing style for the job?: My character isn't in a faction.

Why do you want the fighting instructor job?: When I first signed up for LSRP back in 2014, one of my first interactions was with a Boxing Instructor. Because of the high level of detail and realism in the roleplay, I knew straight away that it was something I wanted to explore more. But I haven't really got a chance to do so as I've gotten involved with several legal and illegal factions since then. I believe now with my schedule being pretty much empty, would be the perfect time for me to get involved into fighting instructor roleplay. I'd like to become a boxing instructor because I've already roleplayed and developed my character DeAngelo as an up and coming boxer. DeAngelo has competed in several boxing events ICly through gyms, and good old-fashioned backyard scraps. He gained tons of experience as a boxer through many wins and loses. Although DeAngelo didn't have much success in his boxing career, I think now is a good time for DeAngelo to put away the gloves and share his experience with those who are willing to learn. Now I know what you might be thinking. "Why would someone who wasn't successful as a fighter be eager to train other people?" And that's understandable, however. Boxing is a sport that isn't truly about wins and losses. Whether you win are lose, both fighters still walk away with a few cuts and bruises and most importantly, tons of experience. As someone who boxes in real life, I believe that my experience would translate into the world of LSRP perfectly. My grandfather was a heavyweight champion. This inspired my uncle to become a professional boxer, who later taught me everything he knew after retirement. As a kid when my parents were off to work, they'd often drop my siblings and me off at our uncle's house and he'd watch us until our parents arrived. Although he was retired, my uncle would still train on a daily bases and he didn't let babysitting get in the way of that, so he'd bring us along. This training consisted of jogging, sparring, push-ups, and sit-ups. We'd also lift weights at times, but nothing too heavy as we were just kids. But eventually, as I grew older I signed up for a membership at a local boxing gym where my experience and background knowledge played a huge part in my success there. Another reason why I'm eager to become a boxing instructor is the recent growth in the number of people who are interested in boxing role-play. There's a shortage of people who are able to train other inspiring boxers who want to compete in fighting tournaments such as Iron House Boxing Gym. I'd like to contribute to the community by offering these lessons to people to enhance their role-playing experience.

How do you intend to train characters?: I attend to train other characters by first, posting advertisements with the gym location and contact information both IG and on the city life > internet section on the forums. The next step I'll take will be to contact whoever's interested and send them over to the gym which is located in Idlewood where we'll meet face to face, and begin our training. You may be wondering why I chose this location, so I'll explain. Idlewood's the most poverty plagued area on the map with the highest crime rate. DeAngelo wants to give back to the community by offering youth something constructive to do with their time instead of hanging in the streets, getting into trouble. With that being said, my lessons won't just be a one-time event. Although during the first training is where I'll be giving them the fighting style, our role-play won't stop there. After the first course where we'll go over the basics such as the proper way to throw punches, head movement, staying on your toes, weight lifting, jogging, jumping rope and much, much more. We'll begin working out on a set schedule as any professional boxer would do in the real world, creating a realistic gym membership experience. We'll continue doing each of the training activities I've named above, however with each day that they're training with DeAngelo he'll begin pushing them even harder, increasing the intensity, making sure that his students are getting the proper training they need to become a boxing champion. My training sessions will start off with the trainee signing and dating paperwork. Afterward, they'll head over to the lockers which will already contain basic workout attire for those who didn't bring any with them. After getting changed, we'll start out with a warm-up. The warm-up will include stretching, jogging and skipping rope. After their heart rate is increased due to the warm-up, we'll begin wrapping hands and putting on the bag gloves. After making our way over to the punching bags, I will then verbally and physically show them the proper way to throw punches, by demonstrating it on the punching bag. We'll go over how to properly throw jabs, hooks, uppercuts and haymakers. Then, I'll move aside and closely watch how they'd mimic my actions. While doing so, I'll give input on what they're doing right, and what could use some more work. Once I feel that they're getting the hang of it, we'll move on to the next exercise. The next exercise will be more intense than the warm-up, of course. As we'll now be doing some bodyweight workouts. This will include doing push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, wall-sits, squats, and much, much more. With each exercise, DeAngelo will use a stopwatch and will be keeping track of how many reps of each exercise the trainee has done within the time limit. Once the trainee completes each of the workouts listed above, they'll finally be ready to enter the boxing ring. Once inside the ring, DeAngelo will provide them with the proper headgear, to prevent injuries. And then, he'll begin instructing them on the proper footwork, head movement and guarding. Making sure that they're staying on their toes at all times and moving their head from side to side, not leaving themselves open to attacks. DeAngelo will also show them how to counterpunch after their opponent swings and misses, and how to properly clench when they're out of stamina. After going over the in the ring training, the final step will be to see how the trainee uses what they learned in a sparring session. They'll either compete against DeAngelo himself or if there's another trainee present, the duo will spar while DeAngelo stays back, verbally criticizing the sparring session. Once DeAngelo feels that they've corrected any errors that he's pointed out previously and have successfully passed all of the training, he'll reward them by informing them that they've successfully passed the boxing training. They'll then be granted the fighting style and ICly receive a t-shirt, as well as the date for the next training session.

Do you have any previous experience role-playing as a fighting instructor?:
Yes, I've roleplayed a fighting instructor on one of my old characters, Sergio Rivera.

Tweak

Re: [Boxing Instructor] DeAngelo Singleton [A]

Post by Tweak » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:23 pm

Boxing Instructor Application — ACCEPTED

Dear ZayDoe,

We have reviewed your application for the Boxing Instructor job. Your log will be created and you will have to update it here: Click. In order to receive the job, please /report in-game once for a level 3 administrator to set it and refer them to this application.

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Regards,

Tweak
Side Job Moderator

Apophis
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: popposito x dai lo

Re: [Boxing Instructor] DeAngelo Singleton [A]

Post by Apophis » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Handed out.
apophis x plastic x junipero x dogs x leispang x gwb x kirby x zulu x oliver x retina x limpone x sao x bd x redboy x lunar x loud pack x mrm x m1 x taxi x bigs

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-H8 Image

Return to “Accepted”