Faction strike system.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

El Machete Grande
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Dirty_Eiht

Faction strike system.

Post by El Machete Grande » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 am

While some might consider this something 'new' or 'improvised', the fact is this is a very old system but unfortunately a lot of factions, faction leaders and faction members neglected its presence on LS-RP. Faction Management has been on the alert for DM factions, DM figures and their 'squads' lately. We've been monitoring certain factions, individuals and video makers and things are just getting worse everytime we tend to neglect the issue.

We do encourage creativity and support new concepts and leaders, recently however we've started to notice the massive increase in action-hungry groups and starting off now there will be no more countless warnings or individual punishments only. Faction Management will be cleaning the faction field off the 'bad apples' that provoke all the chaos and reputation around themselves, 3 strikes and the faction is descripted.

Things that get you striked:
Your faction media: show
Your media (screenshots/videos) is your responsibility, you'll receive a strike if we notice that your faction members are posting videos of them shooting 24/7, attacking in a TDM manner, shooting cops without the need to, or with obvious 0 chances of survival (suicide to avoid), even if it's not one of your leaders posting it you're expected to handle obvious flaws in your faction on your own without having someone to grab your hand and guide you around your own faction thread or private forums, if you're busy or unaware enough to handle your own faction then you might as well quit leading it. To be fair, the strike won't happen unless we know or witness that certain media was published for a while and examined by others but no action was taken from your side and it's quite known what's good and what's bad for everyone.
RoE: show
Rules of Engagement are part of LS-RP's rules, while the normal player (non-affiliated to a faction) might not be concerned but it's your concern and responsibility as a leader to make sure that your members are well-taught and informed about RoE. If your faction's name is involved into RoE related reports multiple times then we'll take action against the faction and issue a strike, you're expected to teach your members how to avoid doing the same mistake twice logically.
Action-Hungry: show
If your faction is the type of faction that tend to login to provoke, brawl, rob, shoot, evade, die, respawn...all over then you'll receive a direct strike, Idling and afking in your turf to cool down isn't consider 'Hood RP' either, so don't use that excuse to cover up you know what's good and what's bad, make the wise choice. Don't come up with the heist crews with all the fancy Cheetahs/Bullets/Sultans..etc then try to convince us that you're actually RPing properly when you chase hobos and poor characters for a $500 or a glock, these type of factions are frowned upon and most likely the 1st place winners on our blacklists, so either do these concepts properly or don't do at all, we won't tolerate it with the 'It's IC doe' no more.
Inner and Outer Communication: show
If your faction's name is somehow mentioned/related to multiple OOC deals taken IC or to MG on skype then you'll earn yourself yet another strike. We're aware of the background skype calls, and the 'Too much pride to be rejected' theory which makes some leaders turn around the rules and ask/pave the way and make sure that they're OOC accepted before they take chances IG. Inner communication between faction members which often leads to MG when skype/TS are over-used, your job as a leader to over-see the use of these programs if they're used in your faction
  • Advices:
    • 1- Keep your memberbase under your eyes most of the time, their posts, their attitudes both IG and on forums, assign some of your co-leaders to aid.
      2- Don't get sucked down into DM pools, if you're lucky enough to be surrounded by 2-3 DM factions in certain area then report them but don't bring your faction down for them.
      3- Provide actual scenario/structure within your faction so almost every member knows what he's doing when he logs online most of the time, if you gather random members OOC then throw them IG for a couple of screenshots doing /aim and /gsign only then you might encounter a lot of trigger happiness out of boredom
  • Notes:
    • 1- Each word above applies for every faction type or status, official or not.
      2- Disbanding the faction OOC means that it never existed, and will never be allowed to be brought up even if you try to cover up with a new name or story.
      3- Don't even think of using this topic to target certain factions and try to take them down, your job is to report, rest is up to Faction Management, if your reports are petty you'll be warned.
      4- The 'It's IC' has been abused enough so far, if your attacks cause way too much damage to be real (attacking public parties/gathering) you'll be striked, if you're chased by around 4 or more cops and you're on your own then decide to open fire at them all at once and die, you'll be punished and the report will be forwarded to your leadership
      5- We're aware of few 3rd party users, I can assure that they'll be banned eventually, if you happened to be one of these then this is your chance to grow up and play fair, or keep on being stuck in the DM'er mentality and face consequences.
      6- Childish attitude on forums like creating forum alts to bash someone or a faction isn't tolerated no more, we'll forward it to the member's leaders and they're expected to take swift action against him/her if not faction will receive a strike.
      7- Any combination of 2+ players RPing together all the time, doing the same thing the whole time is considered a faction whether they have a faction thread or not, and they'll be dealt with accordingly. (Adressing the millionaires who RP rich but yet lurk around hunting for action mostly.)
      8- Constant repeaters face a ban.
If you have any questions feel free to post in the questions topic, good luck with your faction.
Faction Management.

hotstufkiloo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: M_Ricci

Re: Faction strike system.

Post by hotstufkiloo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:11 pm

Thank u! I hope shit starts to crack down now!

Michael.White
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Michael.White » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:57 pm

I am really glad to see this system.
Last edited by Michael.White on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus Roberson - Resident of Crystal Garden - Alive
Salvador Rodriguez - Reident of El Corona - Missing

Golden.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Fat Boy

Post by Golden. » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:05 pm

I like it. This will help a lot.

iJoker
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: El Pinche Crash

Post by iJoker » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 am

Good to see this!

Los Matas
Nuestra Raza
Xalisco Boys
W/S Armenian Power

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nick. » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 am

Thank god. Sadly some previous official factions would have been descripted thanks to these rules.

Glad you're cleaning up the community here.
لا شكر على واجب

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 am

Sounds good. I hope it's all for the better.
Last edited by AceS| on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
friends switch up when you in a benz truck
TWO TIME.
VENOMOUS TWO TIME VIDEO
The Special Enforcement Bureau (2015)

Flonko
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Flonko » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:44 am

I really hope factions will follow this. So sick of DM and action-hungry people driving around in cars and robbing everybody for no reason.

D'Penguin
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Zoran_Djuric

Post by D'Penguin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:00 am

This is so good.

I also think there should be an addition into the DM rule. I don't think people should be allowed to pull out guns and kill over fights - it's okay to pull out a gun, but to kill, it's kind of stupid.
I was into a fight with someone when his friend stepped out of his car and killed me with an M4. I think it's such a poor reason. Killing someone over a fight is a poor excuse, nothing else. There indeed are insane people who can kill over a fight, but this just happens way too often here on LS:RP. I think it's time we change it, don't you all think that?
Boban Djuric - dead
Zoran Djuric, relative of Boban Djuric still alive - unknown affiliations

RegulatioN
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by RegulatioN » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Finally. +1000

MrPotatohead
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MrPotatohead » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:10 am

Nice to see it updated and being brought back to attention of all factions.

$elfMadeMikey
#LongLiveBigBank
#LongLiveBigBank

Post by $elfMadeMikey » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:18 am

I always see a member of a faction post ss of killing cops, what do I do?

Shaney
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Shane_Griffiths

Post by Shaney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:53 am

MeekMilly wrote:I always see a member of a faction post ss of killing cops, what do I do?
I guess you send a message to the relevant Faction Management member. E.G: Illegal Factions = 'Chete.
Just link them the the faction thread and give a good reason for the PM.

You could even go one step further and PM the faction leader, if you feel they are the type who will deal with it.

Big Ray
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Big Ray » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Will SD/PD be held up to the same standard when it comes to posting videos of pursuits/shootouts?

Shaney
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Shane_Griffiths

Post by Shaney » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Big Ray wrote:Will SD/PD be held up to the same standard when it comes to posting videos of pursuits/shootouts?
Not an admin or member of Faction Management, but I think this one answers itself. This strike system is for ALL factions regardless. However, you have to expect that PD/SD will be getting into a lot more pursuits and shootouts, so it is a harder one to strike on, but of course.. the DM'ers would be filtered out.

Return to “Info/Guidelines/Updates Archive”