[Guide] You and Your Character

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
kaitlynn
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Re: [Guide] You and Your Character

Post by kaitlynn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks, helps out alot of people.

policeMEN

Post by policeMEN » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks for the guide bro.

Steve Phillips
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Steve_Phillips

Post by Steve Phillips » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:33 am

Awesome guide.. Thanks.
Took my half an hour to read it xD :?:
Spoiler: show
My accounts:
Tracebook || Facebook || LS:RP
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Guides:
Forum Name/Rank || Jobs || UCP || Beginner || LS:RP
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Funny Animations:

Peelz
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Peelz » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 am

Nice written guide, will be helpful for alot of people.

CharleneCrue
Gangster
Gangster

Post by CharleneCrue » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:45 pm

I love this guide a lot.
Angela Stewart

Aaron.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Kasseem Myrick

Post by Aaron. » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice guide!
Previously known as Mc'Loviin

Hippie.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Hippie. » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I've read tons of guides in my life, but I've got to say that this one if the best I've ever read in my life, it's so helpful and all. I'm still thinking about my character and developing it and I must say that it helped me a lot. Other than that, it was also fun to read it. Really amusing. Keep up the good work.
Sarah Levinstein

Insertnamehere
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Quinton_Davis

Post by Insertnamehere » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Long, but was worth reading it. The guide will defiantly help new players, or people who need some advice on how to RP their character. This deserves more than a good job, keep it up.

LittleDinosaur
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by LittleDinosaur » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:53 pm

It was definitely worth the reading. I loved it and it helped me. Keep up the good work!
When I get high I get high on speed, top fuel funny car's a drug for me.
My heart, my heart.
Kickstart my heart

Heroic Seahorse
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Heroic Seahorse » Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Brilliant read, and hopefully this will help me once I'm on the server.
Young Urban Excellence

Koehler
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by Koehler » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks, tho' you need to reupload the pictures. Other than this great job.
AN

Giordano
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: John Altosinno

Post by Giordano » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:56 pm

I don't know if anyone's suggested this before, but here's my two cents:

Childhood always plays an important rule in the development of any person. Typically, a child raised by a loving mother and father is outgoing, happy, and does not mind living a lawful life. This is a perfect outcome for any child. Now, if there is an experience in his/her childhood that causes trauma, his/her young mind would probably corrupt in some way or another.

That brings me to the broken childhood. Not having a mother or a father always impacts the child. Usually, the remaining parent does not have the time on their hands to show the child the attention they deserve. This can go two ways:
a) The child finds another parental figure, whether it be good or bad. Now, this can be a criminal figure, such as a neighborhood hood who shows the child the attention he craves. This is common for children raised into crime.
b) The child becomes withdrawn and shy, constantly fighting depression and a low self esteem.

To conclude this, I'm going to provide an example of how childhood can factor roleplay. If you base your character on them serving prison time, I don't think their past few years can really give you a proper feel for how you should roleplay him/her. If my character did time in prison, was he a crazy lunatic who beat on anyone who messed with him? (Now this would most likely result in him being attacked by a prison gang, unless he was already under their protection) Or was he a withdrawn person who quietly followed the orders of the guards? This obviously depends on his childhood and the figures he looked up to before doing time. His time in prison could also have developed him, but most likely not any more than his childhood did.
John Altosinno

Awbscene
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Gloanski

Post by Awbscene » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:58 am

Giordano wrote:I don't know if anyone's suggested this before, but here's my two cents:

Childhood always plays an important rule in the development of any person. Typically, a child raised by a loving mother and father is outgoing, happy, and does not mind living a lawful life. This is a perfect outcome for any child. Now, if there is an experience in his/her childhood that causes trauma, his/her young mind would probably corrupt in some way or another.

That brings me to the broken childhood. Not having a mother or a father always impacts the child. Usually, the remaining parent does not have the time on their hands to show the child the attention they deserve. This can go two ways:
a) The child finds another parental figure, whether it be good or bad. Now, this can be a criminal figure, such as a neighborhood hood who shows the child the attention he craves. This is common for children raised into crime.
b) The child becomes withdrawn and shy, constantly fighting depression and a low self esteem.

To conclude this, I'm going to provide an example of how childhood can factor roleplay. If you base your character on them serving prison time, I don't think their past few years can really give you a proper feel for how you should roleplay him/her. If my character did time in prison, was he a crazy lunatic who beat on anyone who messed with him? (Now this would most likely result in him being attacked by a prison gang, unless he was already under their protection) Or was he a withdrawn person who quietly followed the orders of the guards? This obviously depends on his childhood and the figures he looked up to before doing time. His time in prison could also have developed him, but most likely not any more than his childhood did.

Nicely put, people should take time to read this it's pretty insightful.

Rollin'
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Steve_Willams

Post by Rollin' » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Dang it! Seems really awesome.
It might help to /EVERYONE/.
The pictures aren't available to watch currently but
this guide is amazing without them but if you may fix them
it will be good ;)

Tupac
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: THE BEAST

Post by Tupac » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:09 am

Helped me lots thanks! I've decided to create a new character & start from scratch, focus on mainly character development. Joseph_Odonnell

Return to “Player-Created Guides”