HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS (FOR PD/SD)

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, Tester Team, Support Team, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Estes
Mafia
Mafia

HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS (FOR PD/SD)

Post by Estes » Fri May 22, 2020 12:20 am

HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS
PREFACE
After coming up with THIS guide that was directed towards gang roleplayers, I have decided to write up a quick midnight guide for LSPD/LSSD, too. Because if we expect adequate roleplay from gangs, we must provide the same.
GENERAL ATTITUDE
I would like to start off by describing the most common mistakes that occur when officers initiate contact with gangs. Please, do not go by old-school "I'm the law here" style of communicating. Yes, we're the police, we do have the authority. However, you must understand that in modern times strategies and methods of approach are not alike those 30 years ago.

From what I observed, the LAPD Officers have more of a "chill", but cautious approach. They're polite but demanding. Now, I am not saying that there isn't a single time when you should go aggressive or bossy, of course not. I'm just saying it shouldn't be by default.

The thumb rule is: LSPD/LSSD isn't a GANG, it's a law enforcement agency. And should be portrayed as such.
FRIENDS OR FOES?
Neither. It is not your job to be friends with gang members nor to be their enemies. It became clear throughout the ages that this problem is like the drug war: it's nearly impossible to solve it. Thus it's more of a game of co-existence.

It is unlikely for a police officer to be friends with known (or any) gang members. Their worlds are just too different.
Same with being foes. There is a thin line between having IC motives of "fighting the crime and gangs" and policing the server. So if there is an option, let it be the neutral one.
APPROACHING A GANG
Remember this: you are alone. Yes, you have a radio and maybe a dozen of officers on duty. However, they're not here with you. So when you find yourself thinking of "whether or not I should approach this gang/group of people", choose not to. It is not realistic to bluntly risk your life thinking "you'll handle it alone" or "I'm cool with them". One day you are having a chit-chat with a gang member, he seems "cool". The next day he shoots you in the back. Every officer knows that.

After all, if you absolutely do need to approach a group of people, remember what the Academy taught you: there's never enough backup. Do not engage/enter premises without sufficient backup. If we want criminal roleplayers to roleplay fear, we must do the same.

Thank you,
Estes.
MEDIA

Volkoff
A Tradition of Service
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Octavia

Re: HOW TO ROLEPLAY WITH GANGS (FOR PD/SD)

Post by Volkoff » Fri May 22, 2020 12:25 am

Cool little read.

Blurem
LS:RP Tester
Ingame name: Jaylynn Sherman

Post by Blurem » Fri May 22, 2020 12:35 am

Really nice and lovely. I like it.
Thank you.

A$AP123
Gangster
Gangster

Post by A$AP123 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:03 am

I stop click clacking for reading this

Return to “Player-Created Guides”