[GUIDE] Texture Studio Guide

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Game Admins, Tester Team, Support Team, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Uproar
Gangster
Gangster

[GUIDE] Texture Studio Guide

Post by Uproar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Texture Studio - A Basic Guide

A texture studio guide with basic commands and tips.

Installation

Click here to see all versions of Texture Studio. I recommend 1.9d but it's upto you. Then click on the Source Code (.zip). Once downloaded, unzip it to a folder you want, I use Documents. Then download the Windows Server.
Make a new folder in your documents with any name, and unzip the server.zip download to there. Open the folder, copy the samp-server.exe and paste it in your texture studio folder.
Done.

Launching Texture Studio

To launch texture studio, you need a working SAMP version which matches your server.zip download.
Go to Texture Studio folder, double click and open the samp-server.exe. It is the backbone of your texture studio server! Do not close it while mapping. Now open your SAMP client, and click 'Add Server'. Enter the IP as localhost and if this doesn't work, delete and add a server with IP 127.0.0.1. This should work. It should show up like this. Connect to the server.
And you should be in-game now with Texture Studio loaded!

Creating a Map

To create a new map, once you go in-game, type /newmap. Enter the shortest name that comes into your mind. For example, I'd name San Andreas State Police HeadQuarter Map as sasphq. As simple as that. 

Placing, Selecting and Editing Objects

To create a new object, use /cobject. Either fetch object IDs from here or you can do it the other way where you don't need to use /cobject. 
In this method, use /osearch. Don't enter the full name of the object you're searching. Like for 'pipe', use 'pip' instead for more results, some objects are named weirdly. Now a list of search results should pop up on the left side. Click on each of them to see a preview and click Create when you find the appropriate object!.

For selecting, use /sel followed by the Index. Then use /editobject to edit it. To clone/duplicate the object, press Left ALT when the /editobject GUI is open. For proper rotations and movement, use /rx, /ry, /rz and /ox, /oy, /oz respectively followed by rotation/movement value. 
For example, I want to rotate a wall by 90 degrees. I'll use /sel to select it then I'll use /rz 90Here is a small demonstration of me using it.

Tiling

Tiling is an important part. Select an object with /sel and then type /sindex. There will be several numbers shown. Each number indicates one tile. An object can have innumerable number of tiles. 1, 2, 3, etc.. You need to focus on the one you're using. /mtcolor and /mtset depends on this.
To reset the tile labels, use /rindex
Each object has unique tiling. Now while I was making a floor with the man_parquet texture (3840), tiling held a lot of importance.
Look at the images below. Different objects, same texture. Notice the difference? 

You're right, different tiling! Look at their tiling:-

Groups

To add objects to a group, use /gadd followed by the object Index. To edit the group, use /editgroup. Again, you can always use the rotation and movement commands which are /grx, /gry, /grz and /gox, /goy, /goz respectively. Refer to the above paragraph for more information.

Use /grem to remove a particular object from the group or use /gclear to clear the whole group selection. If you wish to delete all the objects in the group, use /gdelete and use /gclone to clone all the objects in the group.

Use /gmtset to set a texture for all of the objects in the group and use /gmtcolor to set the color.

I'll tell how /gmtcolor and /mtcolor works, in the next section.

Below is a demonstration of a few of them.

Texturing

Use /mtextures to open the texture pallete. Scroll through the pallet using Y and H. Use Numpad 4 and Numpad 6 to change texture pages. Use Left ALT to apply a texture. Did a mistake? Use /mtset 0 0. 0 is the default texture for any object, every object has its own unique one. 
Use /tsearch to search for a texture and click on the one you want. You'll see the texture index on the bottom right of your screen. Use /mtset 0 [Texture ID] where the 0 is the tile ID and Texture ID is the Index.

/mtcolor and /gmtcolor use the same format.
/mtcolor 0 0xFFFF0000 is what I used in the demonstration above.
Here, I divided it for you.

Site used to fetch color hexcodes: http://www.colorpicker.com/

Lighting and Shadows

The default GTA lighting and textures are horrible sometimes. Either too dark or too bright. There's a way to fix it.
I've just explained /mtcolor above. Understand it then read further in this section.

Okay so now that you know what /mtcolor exactly does, you can use it to fix the lighting. 
Type /mtcolor 0 0xFFFFFFFF. It'll set a uniform shadow/highlight value to all indexes/tiles of the object.

Text

Use /sel to select an object and then use /text to edit text.
Firstly, set Font Bold to "On" because thin fonts look bad.
Then set alignment to Center
Then set Font Size to 512x128 or 512x256 or 512x512. Just keep in mind that these numbers (like 512, 128, etc.) indicate the number of pixels. So, more the number of pixels, clearer is your text.
I'd suggest Ariel or Calibri Font for a modern themed text. Go for Engravers if it's an old-styled map.
Then Click on Edit Font. A box will pop up.
Enter your text in the format shown below.
In the end, set Font to "On'.

For using text, I'd suggest using the plane objects. They don't have collision and are good for using text. I also use the Rockstar Mat object sometimes. 

Handling Default GTA Objects

The default GTA mapping may seem weird sometimes or maybe you want to remove some default objects to make a map there. Or do you want to change the texture and placement of the default objects?
Use /gtaobjects to have texture studio show you all GTA objects. Then you'll see the index in the first line.
To remove the object, type /remobject.
To either bring it back or to simply swap a non removed GTA object into a texture studio object, type /swapbuilding.
Keep in mind, if you remove a default object then swap it to a texture studio object and then if you delete your object, you can only bring it back via /undo

Exporting

To export your map as a filterscript, use /exportallmap. Put draw distance more than 500.0, always. It'll be saved in Texture Studio Folder > scriptfiles > ExportMaps.
To import it as filterscript, first open the .pwn export in pawno and press F5 to compile. Then put .amx file in your filterscripts folder.
To export your map as simple .txt file, use /exportmap. Again, draw distance 500.0 or above.
Select the type of code you want, CreateObject or CreateDynamicObject then click Export. It'll be saved as a .txt file in Texture Studio Folder > scriptfiles > ExportMaps.

Texture Studio Common Bug Fixes

• Some commands not working- Quit SAMP, close and re-open samp-server.exe
  • The Co-Ordinates are messed up- Sometimes rotating along one axis rotates it along another, the object is bugged. Delete the object, restart SAMP and samp-server.exe
  • No commands work- Your Texture Studio download must be incomplete. Delete all of the files and re-install it once again.

I hope you liked the guide.
Ask in a reply below if you have any questions.

Uproar
Gangster
Gangster

Re: [GUIDE] Texture Studio Guide

Post by Uproar » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Reserved.

HB1951

Post by HB1951 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 pm

OMG! THANK YOU! You guys are gods!
I'll have two Number 9's, a Number 9 Large, a Number 6 with extra Dip, a Number 7, Two Number 45's, one with Cheese, and a large Soda.

Uproar
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Uproar » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:47 pm

HB1951 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:43 pm
OMG! THANK YOU! You guys are gods!
You're welcome. Good luck.

SotaSiili
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Shane

Post by SotaSiili » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 pm

Some default GTA objects are bugged like some billboards. For example you /remobject it but some of the objects frame stays there and can't be removed? Any way to work around it?

Uproar
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Uproar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:24 pm

SotaSiili wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 pm
Some default GTA objects are bugged like some billboards. For example you /remobject it but some of the objects frame stays there and can't be removed? Any way to work around it?
Uh no that's not it. There's NO objects which cannot be removed.
You location search on dev.prineside and find the objects around that location. You'll see all of it.
Billboards mostly are made up of 2 objects - one for the frame, one for the banner.
See the spoiler below for an explanation with details.
Spoiler: show

Let's consider the image above. You'll see that the frame etc. have already been removed. The frame had an index ID of 23853 with object ID 1259.

The actual object ID of the banner would be 6350 ( https://dev.prineside.com/en/gtasa_samp ... ls01_LAw2/ )
Have a look at the object below.

Hope it helps.

Fruit.
Gnag
Ingame name: KRUGER x DICK

Post by Fruit. » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:17 pm

ily

SotaSiili
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Shane

Post by SotaSiili » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:23 pm

that did help very much, thank you. It's just i haven't found the ID's for my banners.
The location and the objects are inside spoiler.

Uproar
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Uproar » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm

SotaSiili wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:23 pm
that did help very much, thank you. It's just i haven't found the ID's for my banners.
The location and the objects are inside spoiler.
Go to dev.prineside, click Search By Location and search near the jefferson area. You'll see an object with either 1 banner or 4-5 banners- all as 1 object.
Fruit. wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:17 pm
ily
💜

jamie8013
A Tradition of Service
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Jamie Hudson

Post by jamie8013 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Very useful guide!

Uproar