[Tutorial] A case for RPing realistically

Find all sorts of guides created by our community here. Includes guides such as drug use, roleplaying different types of characters, weapons etc.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Forum rules
The guides you see here have been unofficially created by the players, for the players. LSRP cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of any of the content you see here.
Mankind
Civilian
Civilian

Re: A case for RPing realistically

Post by Mankind » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Victor_Herrera wrote:
Stefan_Bianchi wrote:"Newbies Wont Read this Though"

- . . . :roll:

Who says?? Im a newbie playing only 2 days and I have read everything in this topic , oh and he said something about 50-inch penis , haha i laughed my ass out , nice job for those that go fuck around in RP server. This is very nice and helpful I appreciate it.

agree with Victor Herrera, I am also a two day player, but I read it and totally agree with the author. Sometimes, just think, is it worth doing something non-rp not to get arrested or die or smth else and lose a reputaion or play it truly RP and maybe get smb's respect. Think about that...
The More You Are Quite, The More You Are Able To Hear... ©

International
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by International » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:14 am

That's a shame there's a thread here explaining how people should RP realistically, and they still can't seem to do it.

Thanks Santino for the information, it's very helpful.

.:4Leafs:.
Civilian
Civilian

Post by .:4Leafs:. » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 am

Very Nice

((Clap Clap))
Turn old and cold, and your soul is your best friend
My mama prayed for me
Tell the Lord to make way for me, prepare any day for me (why?)
Cause when they come for me they find a struggler
To the death I take the breath from your jugular

krckyboy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by krckyboy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:45 am

Too bad there aren't many people that RP as that..
Good topic, thanks.
Inactive

maxridex

Post by maxridex » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:56 am

Brilliant and well written and I agree to most of his points.

Waltz
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Waltz » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:27 pm

I think the main problem which results in a pathetic RP is that people OOC'ly are too different from what they want to be IC. Intelligent people can handle that, but there is a bunch of 10 year old's on this server, who wan't to become mafia bosses or something. But they have no common sence or any reasonable logic OOC, so how on earth can their IC be brilliant? Sure, this server is for fun, but the point in this is not to "pwn" or w/e. If that doesn't suit some people, they should leave IMO. We are trying to make this community of our own, a dangerous criminal city, I would say. And it takes far more than some people imagine to live up to their characters standarts, and they look stupid IG, and for me, bashes the whole RP. And of course then the flames/QQ's/reports start to rain, cause there is a bunch of who fails terribly at trying to be even a robber.

I agree completely on everything the OP stated.

JozzaSexyBoy
Gangster
Gangster

Post by JozzaSexyBoy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks a lot!

Mihaylov
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: MOLE

Re: [Tutorial] A case for RPing realistically

Post by Mihaylov » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Too lazy to read this all >.>
Changed forum name: MacZ

BeeN
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Bruce Frost

Post by BeeN » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

I've read half of it, will read it all later... well written! good job.

streetray
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Ruslan

Post by streetray » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 am

I absolutely agree with Sonny's first post. And I truly hope, that one day everyone will RP realistically..
Cocaine Paradise!

Tony_Blue
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Tony_Blue » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:34 pm

A couple of posts said something about having fun even when loosing. A good try, but there are real people behind the virtual characters, who have their own personalities. Some of us can enjoy a good rp even when being the one screwed, some of us can't. Everyone can say whatever he wants, but all of us come here for fun - it's a game afterall. The important point is that you don't ruin the fun for others at all costs.

Santino's post reflects the sentence we've all used to hear back at school: One person's freedom ends where other person's freedom begins. In the words of LS RP You can play as you like it as long as it doesn't interfere with someone else's roleplay/gameplay. In these "clashes" of interests (or fun) some unbiased rules have to apply. And the most obvious and natural happen to be the rules of RL. Rules of game. As in any other board game, where you can't move more than the dice shows. No hard feelings, simple as that.

Another thing I'd like to say here is about /b(instructing). By that I mean instruting other players how they should RP their characters to our taste - so that it's fun for us. I think that it is plain ignorant and as much annoying as someone having a superman character. Because again, you are ruining the fun for the other guy. If I think that someone is breaking the rules, I simply eat it, let him kill me or whatever and if I feel like it's worth the time, I'll make a calm report. Not to have him /ajailed for a few minutes - screw that - but mainly to explain to him and other players why it's wrong. The other option is to simply ask the player that you don't want to RP with him.

There was a post about a police chase in which the evader's car is hit badly, yet the player continues to evade. I don't agree with that as well, but please everyone look at yourself and think. Do you as the chasing one (not necessarily just cops, but including), roleplay a totalled car, broken leg or whatever, when you hit something badly in the chase or during your ride to where the chase is taking place? Because that involves the chased one as well.

Because say whatever you want, but by /b(instructing), you are just ignorantly telling others to play to your liking. If someone starts to do that to me, I usually ask him if he wants to continue RP-ing with me or he wants to finish the roleplay with himself. It's just as bad as the supermancy thing, simple as that. And these people are usually the first ones who'll begin bending the rules, shall the coin once turn. You can see so nicely in those furious /bitches and reports.

|Oo--> Erik <--oO|
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Pete Habraken

Post by |Oo--> Erik <--oO| » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:47 am

Braveheart wrote:Obviously you're half talking about my post. Well pal, I don't care about whether or not I win in RP and if the guy I attempt to arrest actually goes with it, what I care about is the stupid and non-RP shit people do. For example, jumping from a 300 foot cliff side into the sea at about 80 MPH, getting out and casually swimming off. It's possible in the game but I'd LOVE to see someone try that in real life, please fucking do it film it and show me it. It is impossible to do UNLESS it is staged and you have help at hand to get you the fuck outa that car before it's on the ocean bed.

Etc. Get my point?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ShUqmGGBMg[/video]
What else can you do when you have ban evaded multiple times and have a shitty adminrecord which doesn't fit on 3 screenshots? The only option left is pretending like you're on probation, and fight for it in order to actually achieve probation.

Ban evading is not an option. You'll always get caught.

▲ ▲

Yannick
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Yannick » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:19 am

Great post, sometimes I want to be the rambo person, but I'll try to change that attitude. Thanks sonny!

mightydong
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by mightydong » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Recently I've found out, that the best way to diversify your roleplay and make it realistic is to pick a real-life person you want to base your character on and then imagine what would that person do in situations you encounter in-character. And by that I don't mean copying it's characteristics and what not, just pick his talking style, basics of mentaly and kind of become close with your character, make it a real person in your imagination. Best pick for me are actors, who if you watch few movies with them you can observe their regular behaviour and then base the basics of your character of certain role your chosen actor played.

Maloch
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Maloch » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:21 pm

"Fewer chiefs and more Indians."
Vinny

Return to “Player-Created Guides”