Moderators: Junior Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Potatoguides
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Roman Zaytsev

Leaving the server

Post by Potatoguides » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:40 pm

This shit happened to me - https://imgur.com/a/pct5nzP

Don't wanna be apart of the community anymore after that shit, I stayed up late working hard for all that because I fucking struggle with RP and I lose it in one second to some lucky jackpot scammers. (who robbed and scammed me, apparently that isn't against the rules anymore!)

It's stupid and the rules should protect loaning.

Bye.
Character List

Roman Zaytsev - Alive

Trentavious Contee - Alive
Vadik Kozlov Left the country (faked death)
Rashaun Brooks - Missing
Malik 'Gambino' Contee Left Los Santos

Trippyy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Shiloh

Re: Leaving the server

Post by Trippyy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:19 am

:( Makes me sad you leaving, I saw you vent on RPU Discord server and it does hurt how people can just scam like that. It's especially rich people that scam, which don't make no fucking sense. Oh and russian people.

E: I just clicked the link and it's just who I expected. He MG'ed too saying, "You can forum report me" as if he was referring to breaking the 50k over limit rule, which probably made you feel safe to do the transaction. Even if it's "only in game". I think that people that scam in game like that are just as big of a dick ooc'ly. I can never bring myself to ruin someone's day(s) like that smh.

n64
Gangster
Gangster

Post by n64 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 am

Handing over 500k is very unwise, especially seeing in those screenshots he seems like someone you just appeared to meet. Whenever I give a loan out, especially to people I hardly know I make sure to take collateral either in form of vehicles or interiors.

It totally sucks that you lost that amount of money, but you loan at your own risk. You're the only one to blame in this situation.
Motherfucker's better duck quick
'Cause me and my niggas like to buck shit

Trippyy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Trippyy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 am

n64 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 am
Handing over 500k is very unwise, especially seeing in those screenshots he seems like someone you just appeared to meet. Whenever I give a loan out, especially to people I hardly know I make sure to take collateral either in form of vehicles or interiors.

It totally sucks that you lost that amount of money, but you loan at your own risk. You're the only one to blame in this situation.
I believe he was simply unaware that scams including loans were excluded from the 50k limit, which even the dude tried making him think that in pms, what a dyke.

And I know it ain't much, but it's honest work.

JoshBaum
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by JoshBaum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 am

Trippyy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 am
n64 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:30 am

I believe he was simply unaware that scams including loans were excluded from the 50k limit, which even the dude tried making him think that in pms, what a dyke.

And I know it ain't much, but it's honest work.
bro he been doin that same scam for a month i swear i seen that ad so much

its funny cause night clubs dont even make a profit so his ad is bullshit but some ppl think they can forum report if it goes wrong which i dont think they can for some odd reason

n64
Gangster
Gangster

Post by n64 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:27 am

Trippyy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:15 am
Again, that would be OP's problem for not being educated on the rules. As everyone should know, OOC promises mean nothing when it comes to IC decisions.
Motherfucker's better duck quick
'Cause me and my niggas like to buck shit

Trippyy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Trippyy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Accidental dupe
Last edited by Trippyy on Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trippyy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Trippyy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 pm

He never told the OP, that loan scams excluded the limit. He instead said, "you can forum report me" when talking about not trying to get scammed over the limit. Scammer is just a dickhead, preying on new players.

Dropper
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dropper » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Trippyy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 pm
He never told the OP, that loan scams excluded the limit.
He's not required to educate the people he scams on the scamming rules before they happen. There's also no limit to loan scams, there's precisely zero rule coverage. Asking for "OOC promises" is equally bad, considering there's enough in character ways to address a loan scam.

The best course of action would've been to known the in game rules from the very start, and to not count yourself on effortless promises and a play to win mentality. It's not his fault for trying, it's the fault of his victims for falling for it.

Valkyrie
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Valkyrie » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:38 pm

Potatoguides wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:40 pm
This shit happened to me - https://imgur.com/a/pct5nzP

Don't wanna be apart of the community anymore after that shit, I stayed up late working hard for all that because I fucking struggle with RP and I lose it in one second to some lucky jackpot scammers. (who robbed and scammed me, apparently that isn't against the rules anymore!)

It's stupid and the rules should protect loaning.

Bye.
Don't let the door hit your pretty butt on your way out. ^-^

Trippyy
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Trippyy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Dropper wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:14 pm
Trippyy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:10 pm
He never told the OP, that loan scams excluded the limit.
He's not required to educate the people he scams on the scamming rules before they happen. There's also no limit to loan scams, there's precisely zero rule coverage. Asking for "OOC promises" is equally bad, considering there's enough in character ways to address a loan scam.

The best course of action would've been to known the in game rules from the very start, and to not count yourself on effortless promises and a play to win mentality. It's not his fault for trying, it's the fault of his victims for falling for it.
I agree that people should be looking at the in game rules from the start. However, the only reason this player got scammed was at fault for OOC reasons, he thought he would be safe because the OOC rules protected loan scams from being over 50k. Which is why, I'm saying, he was persuaded into it when he said, "You can forum report me" when talking about the 50k limit. Obviously trying to imply that loan scams fell under the scam limit. I guess it is the OP's fault, however, I still think that people that do 200k scams IG are still dykes oocs cuz they mostly prey on new players, any experienced player would know this farce. I don't know, I just dislike people that scam and then persuade people ooc that it falls under the scam limit because I've seen others do it before.

Rico Kilo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Rico Kilo » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:06 pm

thanks for the money SEE YOU LATER BRO

The Stick-Up Man
Mafia
Mafia

Post by The Stick-Up Man » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:29 pm

The community's filled with people like you. People who only care about the unrealistic amount of thousands and/or millions of dollars they have in game, and not the standard of role play. Unfortunately, that's what the server's situation has been for the past couple of years. I quit because of /that/, but I didn't make a big deal out of it, nor should you.
big shiesty and gucci like shaq and karim

Official_DannyV
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Official_DannyV » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 am

Why you crying its a game, you got scammed IC, deal with it IC idk why you thought making a whole thread about someone scamming you seemed logical to you.

And that guy above me clearly didn't leave he's someone stumbling around these threads mans active 24/7. A friend linked me this showing how pathetic it is.
8) :lol:

The Stick-Up Man
Mafia
Mafia

Post by The Stick-Up Man » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Your in game name is Daniel_Vitaly.
big shiesty and gucci like shaq and karim

Return to “New/Away/Back Archive”