Who thinks LSRP should try something new?

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Senior Lead Admins

Diego_bre
The Don
The Don

Re: Who thinks LSRP should try something new?

Post by Diego_bre » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Marketing is big issue for Ls-rp. As i've mentioned before in some other thread, if you don't know your way to ls-rp you will never find it. It doesn't display on current version of SA-MP in " hosted " or " internet ". It's like dark web website.

DannyMoney
Gangster
Gangster

Post by DannyMoney » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:58 am

lekão triste wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 am
I literally don't see GTA:W surviving if LS:RP moves to GTA 5, seriously.
SAMP is way too old, nothing new will come out of it, there are no updates and people are cheating hard out here.
GTA 5 is a whole different thing, constant updates and a lot of players are constantly joining as the days go by, once again, not the case with SAMP.

LSRP has a name, a standard, something that is lacking on every other server, including GTA:W, don't let them fool you saying that the standards are the same, there is waaaaaaaaaaaay lower. PD is absolute dogshit over there. It's common to see cops riding 300-600K cars over there.

I can't stress this enough, it's time to move to GTA 5 man, if there's any chance of bringing old players back and new players in is by moving to GTA 5. The script is just better, it's extremely hard to find someone cheating, it's just better overall.

It sadly got to a point where I have to choose between picking a server where everybody hacks and is extremely outdated or a server where nobody hacks, it's up to date but the standards are compared to a medium roleplay server.

Oh, for those who thought LSRP's staff was awful, go spend a few weeks playing GTA:W, you'll chance your opinion real fast.
GTA World is way too strict, there's more legal role play than gang rp or illegal rp. It's over crowded with members wanting to replace their shitty life and create a virtual life where they feel powered, popular, hot, successful etc. Have you seen their social media platform face browser? People on there use it like a irl instagram or twitter lol. #Relationship goals been with this girl for 4 years now and counting love you! Shit like that is what you see on there. Literally the server is way too damn strict, and to be honest I'm not sure how they're able to maintain on avg 250 players, they peak at 300 on the weekends though. That server is extremely boring.

sofya
Gangster
Gangster

Post by sofya » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm

DannyMoney wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:58 am
lekão triste wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:14 am
I literally don't see GTA:W surviving if LS:RP moves to GTA 5, seriously.
SAMP is way too old, nothing new will come out of it, there are no updates and people are cheating hard out here.
GTA 5 is a whole different thing, constant updates and a lot of players are constantly joining as the days go by, once again, not the case with SAMP.

LSRP has a name, a standard, something that is lacking on every other server, including GTA:W, don't let them fool you saying that the standards are the same, there is waaaaaaaaaaaay lower. PD is absolute dogshit over there. It's common to see cops riding 300-600K cars over there.

I can't stress this enough, it's time to move to GTA 5 man, if there's any chance of bringing old players back and new players in is by moving to GTA 5. The script is just better, it's extremely hard to find someone cheating, it's just better overall.

It sadly got to a point where I have to choose between picking a server where everybody hacks and is extremely outdated or a server where nobody hacks, it's up to date but the standards are compared to a medium roleplay server.

Oh, for those who thought LSRP's staff was awful, go spend a few weeks playing GTA:W, you'll chance your opinion real fast.
GTA World is way too strict, there's more legal role play than gang rp or illegal rp. It's over crowded with members wanting to replace their shitty life and create a virtual life where they feel powered, popular, hot, successful etc. Have you seen their social media platform face browser? People on there use it like a irl instagram or twitter lol. #Relationship goals been with this girl for 4 years now and counting love you! Shit like that is what you see on there. Literally the server is way too damn strict, and to be honest I'm not sure how they're able to maintain on avg 250 players, they peak at 300 on the weekends though. That server is extremely boring.
They're able to maintain that amount of players because RAGE is relatively new and they are the only text based RP server that's stable, which is why I agree LSRP would completely take over and squeeze them out of the market on GTA V

Soulmaker
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Soulmaker » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:44 pm

Ben wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm
I think it would be cool to move to something new and fresh like GTA V, however, it would be a long and requiring process and the people here play the game because they enjoy the old graphics and what not. I don't know if it'd be possible in the long run, as it'd take at least a year to prepare a basic gamemode for another game. It also requires other competences from the developers, like it's javascript GTA V works with or C# as far as I'm aware. But it could be fun to open up an alternative to SAMP LSRP, like we had FoCoTDM back in the way - that was a great success.
This pretty much sums up my opinion too. There are many people (like me) who are no longer active players but browse the forums whenever they can or even hop in-game from time to time.
To be fair, seeing that the player count is low in peak hours is a clear indication about the current situation with the community and this is sad to see but fortunately, the staff is putting efforts to bring the people back with constant modifications and updates.
It is a fact that things have changed because the game is old but also because at least three generations grew up, playing in LS-RP or SA-MP in particular and now those same people don't have the time to play games at all or lost motivation playing this exact game.
However, I do agree that the LS-RP should try moving to GTA V or once the next GTA is released but now is not the right moment.

lekão triste
Gangster
Gangster

Post by lekão triste » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:23 pm

Soulmaker wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:44 pm
Ben wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:05 pm
I think it would be cool to move to something new and fresh like GTA V, however, it would be a long and requiring process and the people here play the game because they enjoy the old graphics and what not. I don't know if it'd be possible in the long run, as it'd take at least a year to prepare a basic gamemode for another game. It also requires other competences from the developers, like it's javascript GTA V works with or C# as far as I'm aware. But it could be fun to open up an alternative to SAMP LSRP, like we had FoCoTDM back in the way - that was a great success.
This pretty much sums up my opinion too. There are many people (like me) who are no longer active players but browse the forums whenever they can or even hop in-game from time to time.
To be fair, seeing that the player count is low in peak hours is a clear indication about the current situation with the community and this is sad to see but fortunately, the staff is putting efforts to bring the people back with constant modifications and updates.
It is a fact that things have changed because the game is old but also because at least three generations grew up, playing in LS-RP or SA-MP in particular and now those same people don't have the time to play games at all or lost motivation playing this exact game.
However, I do agree that the LS-RP should try moving to GTA V or once the next GTA is released but now is not the right moment.
All the effort they're putting on bringing new players to the server is not gonna work because of the exact same reason he mentioned on his post. GTA SA is way too old, everyone playing here is at least 18+ people like us already explored everything GTA SA had to offer, it's really time to move on because it's clear that most of the players leaving SAMP are going to GTA 5, I'm not gonna lie, even though GTA:W is absolute dogshit I still have the same feeling of when I joined LSRP for the first time, brand new stuff, you know nothing. It's like you're 15 again.
And yes, it would take a lot of time to develop a brand new GTA 5 server from scratch, that's exactly why this is the right time to start doing it. Because if you take too long, new servers will open and then it will be extremely hard to dominate the text based community on RAGEMP like we did on SAMP for many years.
It's no secret that LSRP is on its last breath, but it can be revived if we moved to GTA 5.
That's just my two cents though.

serum
Gangster
Gangster

Post by serum » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:48 am

sofya wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 pm
They're able to maintain that amount of players because RAGE is relatively new and they are the only text based RP server that's stable, which is why I agree LSRP would completely take over and squeeze them out of the market on GTA V
I agree with this although I don't think anything will be done in regards to moving to a different platform. I don't think the developers have the time to make an entire new script for a different game. Even if they did, I think they'd want to be paid to do it but as we all know LS-RP is struggling with funds as it is, especially since moving to a new and more expensive host (hence the implementation of new donator features).

unlawfulact
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by unlawfulact » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:28 am

I think hitting a stable 250 players every night even after all the continuous problems this community has gone through shows that LS-RP has been doing something right. Hell, on MONDAY, the server hit 320 players. There's still a lot to improve on but I don't think making a shift to GTA V will be a good thing right now.

Rico Kilo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Rico Kilo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:33 pm

maybe start with finding the right person ban evading?

Mushroom Cult
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Mushroom Cult » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 pm

It's not as ls-rp should try something new, it's you who should! Find an activity where you can express yourself, do something for yourself, game is fun

Crystalised
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Crystalised » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:52 pm

I've played Rps on both GTA V and SAMP now.

I will say this. GTA V Rp servers are immersive graphically, look super good and on the surface would seem like a pretty obvious go to choice if you could. However there is one big problem. Community. All that pretty stuff like player customisation etc looks really nice, but the RP experience as a whole is still fucking popping on LSRP believe me. When FiveM was still going you'd be lucky to see 100 players online at any given time on a server, that was a couple of years ago though so i'm not 100% on the current affair of GTA V Roleplay.

I feel as though people should be thankful that we have such a dope community here, you know that good old saying. If it aint broken don't change it. I'm sure people are having fun, that's all that counts. Will I remain here forever? lol probably not, when I feel satisfied with how the GTA V community is looking, i'll head over there. That's not to shit on FiveM or anything though, I gotta' say I do miss my RP on there, it was fucking awesome being able to nail the look of your character, add tattoos, clothing items etc and it really did feel like a living world. Just the lack of players and economy kind of fucking sucked, I cannot lie.

PISTOLALOCA
AXPER
Ingame name: ESE TIBO

Post by PISTOLALOCA » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:14 pm

Mushroom Cult wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:35 pm
It's not as ls-rp should try something new, it's you who should! Find an activity where you can express yourself, do something for yourself, game is fun
This. LSRP is fine as it is, the people playing it over the years are satisfied with it. I personally love the music, atmosphere, artwork, scenery and the colour palette and as a whole it is one of the best games I have played and ever will and about GTA V it might be new, amazing with great graphics and the "Realism" but you won't ever get the freedom you have here as most of what has been created has been done by the players themselves, look at all the factions made from scratch, the infrastructure within and that's unique. The people playing LSRP are beyond creative.

PrinceCane.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PrinceCane. » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:42 am

Y'all still playing this dead game?

Redacted
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Redacted » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:21 am

It's not dead, But a influx of players from non-english speaking countries are coming in, and i get a lot of in-game typers who sound like they're using google translator. It's def not the same as it once was.

I think LS-RP's too late on that GTA 5 boat. A company called GTA World has taken over the Text RP scene on gta 5 and looks offly similar to LSRP's standard which will draw in players from this community over to theirs. Coincidental, Or the owners used to play on here. Either way, That ship has sailed for LSRP. I'm a big fan of LSRP and always will be, but moving onto a modernized version of LSRP, let me rephrase that. A modernized version of TEXT RP, seems to be the choice for many many of the old vet players of this community, and other communities. Anyways, That's my opinion, Nothing factual, no hate, much love for both communities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIyjTq6 ... annel=Sane

You will never understand the damage you did to someone, until the same thing is done to you. It's called karma.

ZachyyyNotZach
Mafia
Mafia

Post by ZachyyyNotZach » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:47 pm

New mapping, ammo script and the house prices to go lower so everyone could afford a house, not only people who used savings.
Fake ones try to make you drown with them, real ones try to swim to the shore with you.

Sugely_Cuevas
State Government
State Government

Post by Sugely_Cuevas » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:40 pm

I'd leave if LSRP moved anywhere. I like my 2004 pixels, ktnx. LSRP also isn't dying. In fact a lot of bad people left, and a lot of good people returned after the DDoS. I do agree it could be marketed better, but all in all I'm not complaining. Also, the 'influx of people from non-English speaking countries' argument is not a valid one at all. There's always been people who don't master the language perfectly. Hell, I was one of those people before I started playing here eleven years ago. If anything, LSRP is, and has always been a means for people to improve. It was built by creative people from all over the world.
MADAM SECRETARY Sugely M. E. Cuevas
SECRETARY OF STATE OF SAN ANDREAS
FORMER STATE TREASURER

10TH SEPTEMBER - PRESENT

FACTION THREAD:
THE CUEVAS ADMINISTRATION

Return to “General Discussions”