Environment Modifications & Future Mapping

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Surreal
Management

Environment Modifications & Future Mapping

Post by Surreal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:08 am

Hey everyone,
With the recent surge of modders and factions creating environment mods for their turf or city areas, I thought it would be a good idea to bring some attention and acknowledgement to their work as well as advertise some of the great modifications you can install to make certain areas more immersive and personalised by the people that occupy them. I've placed four prime examples of that in this thread and you can click on the name to learn more about them. Props to the creators, and those who have had a hand in their creation — to name and acknowledge those from the modifications in this thread: Westside, Denz, Obsessi0n, Travie, Lajan, original doorkicker, RegulatioN, Source, Klunnijs, s0ci3ty.py, Dean_Potochnik, Fleance and Jay732. I know that I've certainly installed all of these environment packs into my game. There's definitely more of them floating around, so don't forget to check them out in the Miscelleanous Mods section.

For those of you who are interested in playing around with environment mods yourself, Badman Mike has created a video tutorial you can find here: GTA SA Environment Modding Tutorial that covers the subject. Remember — all objects in these mods must be non-collision so you can pass through the objects on foot/in car as they are not solid. There's also this guide by Badman Mike that you should take a look at if you're giving it a go: TRUE vertex colour and dynamic lighting.

Hard server mapping is something that we can certainly look at to create more of these role-play hubs around the city that are loaded for everyone upon connection to the server. There's certainly some good inspiration here, and we can look at adding in some outstanding exterior mapping projects as well as potentially adding in some non-intrusive areas like parks and recreational zones (such as below). Any super personalised mapping (signs, custom textures, custom objects, etc) would have to be added to your game in the same way as these environment mods, but it would be good to add a baseline that everyone can see and interact with regardless of their installed environment modifications.

If any content creators feel like their work should be showcased here, feel free to send me a message and I'll consider adding it to the post with the other content below so people can take a look here. My only request is that if you're going to suggest one, make sure it's an environment pack that covers an actual area like the ones below.

Feel free to check out the modification packs below — I recommend taking a look at them:

Thanks for reading,
Surreal

Shack
Game Admin
Game Admin

Re: Environment Modifications & Future Mapping

Post by Shack » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:23 am

Those specific environment mods are amazing. All of the named modders are great individuals also, and I hope to see more creations in the future. Over all great announcement, Surreal.

xorcist
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by xorcist » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 am

You forgot to mention Denz. He's a really talented environment modder, his work is excellent. Here's one of his works in El Corona, viewtopic.php?f=222&t=559869&p=7178870#p7178870.
Levitation is for fools. Why would we want to levitate? Once you are up high, there is nowhere to go but down.

AceS|
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by AceS| » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:48 am

Looks amazing. Shoutout to my boy Oaks for making an environment pack for ViperZ, it's not finished but it is clean.

Travie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Travie » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:55 am

Amazing.
Poles on everybody, we the wrong niggas to slide on.

Declan.
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Declan. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 am

Amazing work

Badman Mike
LS:RP Tester

Post by Badman Mike » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 am

viewtopic.php?f=223&t=548299#p7039034

u should also add this guide in ur thread cuz its the reason environment mods dont look shit anymore

Zach.
- Bronze Member -
- Bronze Member -

Post by Zach. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:02 am

Glad to see the modders getting credit they deserve from staff.
Last edited by Zach. on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:03 am

Badman Mike wrote:viewtopic.php?f=223&t=548299#p7039034

u should also add this guide in ur thread cuz its the reason environment mods dont look shit anymore
Added.

shultz
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by shultz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:04 am

xorcist wrote:You forgot to mention Denz. He's a really talented environment modder, his work is excellent. Here's one of his works in El Corona, viewtopic.php?f=222&t=559869&p=7178870#p7178870.
Denz definitely deserves more recognition, especially since he's one of the first modders to create enviromental modifications, his work is indeed excellent.

Surreal
Management

Post by Surreal » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:15 am

shultz wrote:
xorcist wrote:You forgot to mention Denz. He's a really talented environment modder, his work is excellent. Here's one of his works in El Corona, viewtopic.php?f=222&t=559869&p=7178870#p7178870.
Denz definitely deserves more recognition, especially since he's one of the first modders to create enviromental modifications, his work is indeed excellent.
Adding now, thanks.

Charlot the Acrobat
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Charlot the Acrobat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:18 am

I've added all those environment modifications just few days ago and I find them very useful for roleplay. Big like.

Orbit
Senior Forum Moderator

Post by Orbit » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:10 am

Definitely a good plus and very useful for roleplay, such an overall great environment!

Complaicant
Ingame name: Asshole

Post by Complaicant » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:34 am

I've always really liked environment mods. I'm glad to see they are being exposed more as they are fairly uncommon.

Grandpa.
Game Admin
Game Admin

Post by Grandpa. » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 am

That's great! It would give out a fresh look and the ambient will be different. Well done!
Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
Rest in peace my friend George

Return to “General Discussions”