Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Junior Admins, FM, Senior Lead Admins

Denis
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Posts: 6759
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Denis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am

I'll comment on the strict punishments.

I've been in the staff team on and off since 2015 and the truth is, we are no longer punishing people so harshly as it used to be. I took the time of my day to check "wrongful bannings" that was mentioned in this topic. It's either hacks or on a "last warning." Let's be real here. If you repeatedly break server rules and find yourself on the last warning, don't get surprised to receive a ban even after a light offense. That's how it works. People collect a rap sheet of admin jails in a span of two months and aren't ready to accept their wrongdoings, then, of course, let's blame the admin team cause that's their fault.

Now, no one stays banned for years. The longest ban you can receive is a one-year ban for hacks. That's harsh, yes, but also fair. You read the rules before joining the server, so you're well aware. Don't play a victim card when you get the ban. Whoever is banned longer than a year it means he ban evaded. Simple as that. The decrease in the player base is definitely not in the punishments. If you're not having fun anymore, it doesn't mean you need to break the rules.

I genuinely want to clarify this issue with the people that feel that were wrongfully banned. Send me a PM with your ban appeal. I'll take a look and if a staff team member did you wrong, I'll report him myself.
1218

User avatar
Beda'.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Beda'. » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm

Denis wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am
I'll comment on the strict punishments.

I've been in the staff team on and off since 2015 and the truth is, we are no longer punishing people so harshly as it used to be. I took the time of my day to check "wrongful bannings" that was mentioned in this topic. It's either hacks or on a "last warning." Let's be real here. If you repeatedly break server rules and find yourself on the last warning, don't get surprised to receive a ban even after a light offense. That's how it works. People collect a rap sheet of admin jails in a span of two months and aren't ready to accept their wrongdoings, then, of course, let's blame the admin team cause that's their fault.

Now, no one stays banned for years. The longest ban you can receive is a one-year ban for hacks. That's harsh, yes, but also fair. You read the rules before joining the server, so you're well aware. Don't play a victim card when you get the ban. Whoever is banned longer than a year it means he ban evaded. Simple as that. The decrease in the player base is definitely not in the punishments. If you're not having fun anymore, it doesn't mean you need to break the rules.

I genuinely want to clarify this issue with the people that feel that were wrongfully banned. Send me a PM with your ban appeal. I'll take a look and if a staff team member did you wrong, I'll report him myself.
That's true af tbf. Admins are more lenient with punishments right now compared to old days.

I was surprised that most posts on this topic is about bans even though that's not true imo. Its only 2 known admins in the staff team (without mentioning names) who bans players harshly for a long time, maybe those are the ones who are giving this bad impression since they are the most hated two in the staff team, and they are known for it.

Other than that, I barely see any unfair bans tbh. If you hack, then you deserve to be banned for a long time. If it wasnt like that and if it was more lenient than that, the server would be fucked because keep in mind that these banned players ruin the fun for other players too, and when players see that they can break the rules/hack often without getting banned, then they will do it repetitively.
I'm not saying that the current staff team is good. No it's shit, but it's not the main reason for the playerbase's decline. It is a factor imo, but not a big one.
Regardless, I barely see any unfair bans. Most reports end up in a warning and a voided situation if your admin record is clean. They are being so lenient imo, but they are still shit though :D.



The big issue here in my opinion, is that the server is not fun anymore. It's boring, and it's not because I'm bored from SA:MP, no. I play on other servers (medium rp ones because lsrp is the only heavy 1 rn obvsly) with lower player-base, and they are way more entertaining than LS-RP right now.

LS-RP still hits 230-250 players, which is enough. That's a lot of players, but I log in at peak time and it's still boring. Gang RP is dead, legal RP is dead. The server feels empty as fuck and boring. There's nothing to do. I can't interact with other players cause I know they will be crying in /b, will report and spam my PMs, etc... I explained the reason for that in my previous post.
Spoiler: show
Beda'. wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:12 am
Since this topic didn't get locked, imma tell you my opinion on this.
It's just my experience. I'm not gonna talk about anything else, but everyone has his own experience.

Let's be fair, it's not all the admins/staff's fault. The whole community right now, including me, is toxic and trash. Right now, you will get reported for anything petty you do, you will get your PMs spammed, flamed, etc... I do this shit too, not gonna lie. I will tell you my reasons, and why I do that and why everyone does that.

In my opinion, the reason for the toxicity is the lack of guns on the server right now. Before you call me a DMer, if you think about it, most of the player reports made and the OOC toxicity that goes on between the players is because they have lost something. It's because they want a refund. You always hear this "You have two options, refund me or I will report you." That's because it's so hard to acquire a gun on the server right now. You see a lot of players paying 300k and more for one gun, so of course you gonna get reported if you do anything petty and make this man lose the gun. Once the player dies, he will think about 300k he paid for the gun and that he wont be able to get another one and he will instantly report you. EVEN IF he knows you are not wrong. He will make up shit and start looking for anything petty. That's what demotivates people in my opinion. The server is not fun right now with all the OOC toxicity going on, and no game will be fun with this shit for sure.

So a summary for this. Players are getting toxic because of the lack of guns on the server. They don't want to lose a thing that's hard to acquire, so they get toxic OOCly and they /report and start making up petty BS. Back then, players were not toxic like right now. Why? Warehouses were unlimited afaik, and guns were easier to get. Players would be okay with dying because they didn't lose something that's valuable as right now.
You die? Life goes on and you stay on the server RP'ing and having fun. Right now, you /q and be like fuck this shit I just lost a gun that I struggle to get.

Let's do a comparison with the past.
2014-2016, player A kills player B. Player B is fine with it and he PMs player A "nice play" or w/e, because he knows he didn't really lose a BIG thing like right now. Back then, guns weren't impossible to get like right now.
2020, player A kills play- Wait, player B /reports Player A before he even gets the kill lmfao. Niggas be having /report ready and binded on god.

I'm a part of the community, and I'm toxic right now too, and I report anyone for any petty shit they do. I used not to be like that in the past. Guns are so hard to acquire right now, which drives me into doing this shit. Once I die? First thing I think about, what did the opposing player do wrong so I can report and get a >>refund<<, because this gun I lost... I struggle to get. That's not only me, that's everyone's mindset on the server right now. 80% of the player reports made, are made for refunds. That's facts, people wont report you most of the times if you refund them. If you don't do it consciously, you do it subconsciously. You will most likely not report if you didn't lose anything valuable.

Please don't tell me that it's an RP server and guns ain't a necessity. It's an RP server yeah, but it's still a game. The majority(85%) of the player-base wouldn't play this server if it was without guns. Without action/drama/beef, etc... the RP is not fun, and guns do play a big role in that. Most of the players on the server are either gang RPers or cops RPers, so...

Just imagine how fun the server would be without the OOC toxicity going on. Way more entertaining. So think about the stuff that leads to the OOC toxicity. There are other stuff for sure. I just provided my opinion from my experience.

Also thats just a part of the issues or the factors leading to the decline. There are other factors and issues for sure.
The whole community is toxic right now. Everything leads to a /b crying, reports, and OOC BS. This makes players don't want to interact with each-other. This decreases the activity (not talking abt playerbase) of the server and the stuff going on. This makes the server boring, and the server will stay boring even if it hits 1000 players while players have the same attitude. I have the same toxicity attitude and I tend to cry in /b like everyone else lmao, I'm not a hypocrite. But there are reasons for that, which I explained in my previous post.

Again, lack of guns on the server is one (but not the only) of the main reasons for the OOC toxicity players have right now. If you think about it, most players who cry OOCly, report, and create this bad atmosphere, etc... is because they have lost a gun and they want a refund for it. 80% of the reports are made for refunds. You always hear "refund me and i wont report you", and after you refund me, you are my buddy, but before you refund me, you are a bitch ass nigga.
Guns are so hard to get on the server right now. You see a lot of players paying 300k+ for a gun, so of course players gonna cry everytime they die and start picking on petty stuff to get a refund. This also makes players c-bug, hack, /q, powergame, just to not lose their gun. They don't want to lose something that is very hard to get.

There are other factors like the RoE. There are so many rules in this shit. It's limiting the interactions between factions. You think more OOCly than ICly before interacting with another faction. Also PKs lasting forever until STW concludes is another thing that makes player get toxic, and demotivates other players. Y'all forgot that it's a game, hell yeah it's an RP server, but it's still a game. If players don't have fun, they wont play. There needs to be a balance that every player can have fun without ruining other players' experiences.

Another factor like someone has mentioned here, is the issues with legal RP and businesses too. This limits the activity and player's interactions too.

I'm talking here mostly about the stuff that limits/decreases the activity and the player's interactions on the server, because interactions between players is what makes SA:MP different from GTA:SA, and is what makes SA:MP enjoyable. The server right now feels like single-player tbh even when the playerbase is high. It has nothing to do with playerbase. It's just so many shit that limits the interactions between players.
That's my own experience, other players have other experiences so there are other reasons.


That's my opinion, so to sum this up; the server is boring right now and it feels like singleplayer for the reasons I have mentioned above. That's the reasons from my experience. Other players have other experiences too, but yeah. We all agree that the server is boring rn, and it has nothing to do with the playerbase because 200 is more than enough to have a fun experience. I play on other servers with lower playerbase and they are more entertaining.
Last edited by Beda'. on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Beda'.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1620
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:39 am

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Beda'. » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:50 pm

damn i feel like a nerd writing all this shit

User avatar
Michael_Dippolito
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:02 am

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Michael_Dippolito » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:33 pm

As a member of the community whose faction just recently closed up shop and looked ahead to establish our presence on a more immersive and welcoming environment; I can confidently say that 85% of the reason why this move was the best move for us is the staff team. Before I go into detail, let me just say this: senior admins like Ben and Kane had a lot on their plate the following year. It wasn’t too long ago that Ben had to step up to the plate and take ownership from the likes of Surreal, who evidently had no drive to amplify things on LSRP at the time. I believe Kane and Ben have done all that they could and that’s alot to be grateful for because they could’ve let the server crumble when Surreal gave up. Kane is a truly gifted developer and Ben is a fairly reasonable lead staff member. His hairline may be crooked, but he’s still a good guy.

Not all the staff members here are bad apples but the ones that are the bad apples are currently in positions that are most detrimental to the server. One of those areas, I can confidently say is Faction Management, and this has been evident for years to come. Having been in an official faction for three years and experiencing different Faction Management teams along the way, I can confidently stand behind that statement. Every interaction with factions that were comprised of mostly staff members were the worst interactions, more worst than the average DM-esque factions. Going up against a faction comprised of staff members with DM mentality is like skating uphill, it’s a losing battle almost all the time. Imagine how difficult it is to hold the same people who “enforce the rules” accountable for their own rule breaches. You’d have to go through great lengths to prove it, and in the end they’re only left with not even a slap on the wrist. We learned that lesson years ago when Little Tokyo powergamed and metagamed a CCTV camera and their faction leader at the time (a staff member) tried to lie his ass off. I’m not trying to hold a grudge by saying that because obviously things aren’t the same as they once were; I’m only bringing to light a pattern that has transpired over the years and sharing what our experience was like as an official faction on this server for three years.

On a more recent note though; the other 20% has a lot to do with the climate of the server at this very moment. I’ll go into detail about that later on.
Dippolito Crew

Darnell_Stewart
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:34 am

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Darnell_Stewart » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 pm

Denis wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:14 am
I'll comment on the strict punishments.

I've been in the staff team on and off since 2015 and the truth is, we are no longer punishing people so harshly as it used to be. I took the time of my day to check "wrongful bannings" that was mentioned in this topic. It's either hacks or on a "last warning." Let's be real here. If you repeatedly break server rules and find yourself on the last warning, don't get surprised to receive a ban even after a light offense. That's how it works. People collect a rap sheet of admin jails in a span of two months and aren't ready to accept their wrongdoings, then, of course, let's blame the admin team cause that's their fault.

Now, no one stays banned for years. The longest ban you can receive is a one-year ban for hacks. That's harsh, yes, but also fair. You read the rules before joining the server, so you're well aware. Don't play a victim card when you get the ban. Whoever is banned longer than a year it means he ban evaded. Simple as that. The decrease in the player base is definitely not in the punishments. If you're not having fun anymore, it doesn't mean you need to break the rules.

I genuinely want to clarify this issue with the people that feel that were wrongfully banned. Send me a PM with your ban appeal. I'll take a look and if a staff team member did you wrong, I'll report him myself.
Players have tolerated being admin jailed for frivolous reasons and being spoken down to by admins for years and now they have left for good. It's too late to fix the problem. It wouldn't have killed you guys to tell the whiny players on the server to cool it with the unnecessary reports. Instead, you almost always side with the /re spammers and punish the players who have proven their loyalty to the server and have consequently rendered themselves deserving of your respect and leniency - rewards which you have denied them.

You guys found it a bit too easy to type /jail and /ban and time has now caught up on you. The players have moved on to other places where they can feel appreciated. You pushed them away and they've now responded by leaving for good. It's sad because they've literally been complaining about this for YEARS. Instead of getting rid of the bad apples on your staff, you guys keep them there because they're your buddies and now they have permanently tarnished your good name. It's a very poor business move on your part.

User avatar
Sonny_Black
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Sonny_Black » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:32 pm

Sicaria wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:11 am
Back then you could see upward of 200-300 people on at night and 450-500+ during the day, I've logged off at night and logged on in the early morning house and only seen 10-20 people on at night... What is going on LS-RP?!
Well. Let me tell you what’s going on, my little friend. I’m gonna answer you since it was you that apparently got me banned. I’m bot going against you personally. The administrators of the server are very selfish and doesn’t give a single fuck about the players. You reported me for killing you in SACF, a great admin called Cashew, (that apparently is very obsessed with me, he used to spectate me in-game), he decided to ban me for that - and that’s one of the reasons to why you’re seeing 10-20 players on. The administrators are glued onto the mentality of “just ban him, he’ll come back” for the pettiest reasons, but not this time, they take the playerbase for granted and do everything to decrease it with their own powers. I believe and know that I’m not the only one getting banned just by the lightest mistake, in this case it was because I didn’t notice your report on me. Anyway. You may call it fair and square, but if you ban an ultimately active roleplayer, he’ll go find another hobby. That’s just how it is.
Last edited by Sonny_Black on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denis
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Posts: 6759
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Denis » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm

If you hate the server so much why you bother coming back? The same people that hate the staff team so much, ironically apply every time for testers. It's the same pattern. It's ridiculous that you try to hide behind your true intentions and when things don't go your way, you show your real face. It's not our fault you can't follow the server rules. We have plenty of people who enjoy the server and never had any trouble with the staff. I'll let you figure out why.

@Nadaletti

Let's not give false information here. You're not banned for fighting in SACF. You're banned for being on a final warning after many admin jails. You knew what you were doing, so don't play the victim here.
1218

User avatar
Cashew
Assistant Head of Properties
Posts: 10844
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:57 am
Ingame name: George Dixon
Location: Scotland

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Cashew » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:39 pm

For those saying staff are the problem, submit a staff report with proper evidence of their wrongdoings, and it'll be dealt with. I'll be the first to admit that there are some problems with the staff team and some things do happen that should be acted on, but if the report isn't made, how are higher ups supposed to take action?

For those saying staff reports are a waste of time, you're part of the problem. Every one of the topics in the sections below has been discussed and a reply has been sent to the reporting party. Staff reports do get dealt with, and if there's a problem with a staff member, you definitely should report them. That's how things get sorted.

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Sonny_Black
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Sonny_Black » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:11 pm

Denis wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:54 pm

@Nadaletti

Let's not give false information here. You're not banned for fighting in SACF. You're banned for being on a final warning after many admin jails. You knew what you were doing, so don't play the victim here.
Not giving any false information. You can re-read my comment, my friend. Additionally, I actually did not know what I was doing, I was not aware of any report - so I will play the victim here. However this was just an example to understand the bigger picture. It’s not about me or my case. It’s about the server - the playerbase. You just have to understand that if you ban an ultimately active roleplayer that dedicates his time to this server, and actually values its community - if you go ahead and ban him for something he deems unfair, he will simply go find a place where he gets appreciated. Because in the end it’s the players that actually makes the server. Take a look at this thread, go through the pages. It’s all about a mass unban, or a hatred towards biased administrators. Okay, don’t be quick to judge, but go ahead and look. Not one, not two, not three - you’ll find almost everyone mentioning it. Hence a pattern that indicates something is actually wrong. It’s as simple as that, Ton’.

You don’t value and appreciate an active roleplayer, because he broke a few rules - then you will see that player find a community where he gets his dose of value and ditch you ultimately. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing right? Evidently this isn’t the only reason, but it plays a role. It’s what it is. What ya gonna do, eh?

@Cashew

Go drink an empty glass of bleach.
Last edited by Sonny_Black on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Viktore
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 702
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:50 pm
Ingame name: Viktor Milojevic

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Viktore » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 pm

I decided to hop on with my boy not too long ago at night, I saw an official faction with an admin and a tester in a car; going around robbing people and shooting those who refused to give up (fair enough if you RP it properly). So they shot at us and chased us around idlewood because we refused to give up our money, a cop spotted this and chased them, the admin was the driver so he used his admin commands to fly over the fence and drop the car into the sewer, haha. The cop didn't care cos he was an admin and let them get away with it, but me and my boy started exposing him and he got soooo scared, we were spamming him hard, talking disrespectfully and he never banned, ajail or kicked us. He thought we had recorded him LOL, my friend even told him; you better not fuck with me from now on or I'll post the video.

Afterwards, me and my boy went on a dm'ing spree in idlewood while he was the only admin IG and he didn't do shit to us cos we had dirt on him. This server has gone to shits for sure. I don't know If I should reveal which admin this was... that might get me in trouble.
Alhumdulilah for Islam
May Allah bless you all
May the eyes of a coward never sleep - Khalid Ibn Walid

User avatar
Mmartin
Head of Development
Head of Development
Posts: 8867
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:05 pm
Ingame name: Lucas Foreman
Location: Basement

Re: Let's figure out the decreasing player base!

Post by Mmartin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Viktore wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 pm
This story had more effort in it than the one on your character application. Not only I'm confident it's made up but I'm confident you haven't even been in game since you got banned for racking up too many punishments. Show me proof.

People have been complaining about the admin time ever since there was an admin team. If we're too lenient, then we're letting the standards slip and the server's a circus. If we're not lenient enough, we're chasing everyone out of the server.

There isn't a way that I know of how a player could be banned for longer than a year if they don't evade. And that's only cases such as abuse, cheating and similar. You don't get banned for first, second or third offences. If you can't play by the rules, you'll be punished - and that's the case here or anywhere else. Every single staff report is reviewed and handled properly - but I feel that it's pointless to try to explain that because you won't believe me anyway. I've actively tried to prevent making any friends in the staff team outside of the Leadership for the past few years to make sure my judgement is not clouded. Just because you started playing somewhere else doesn't mean they won't get tired of your shit there too.

People love to fuck around but they hate to find out.

There's a hundred and one reasons why the player base is declining, many of which outlined in this thread or any of the "Why LS-RP dead" threads made since about 2008. The reason why LS-RP reigned popular for so long is because it was simply the best roleplay server around in many ways. While at the heart of a good roleplay server, the standards and quality of RP is what is important, even that gets boring after a while. Right now we've some really good competition on other platforms and people find it simply more fun to play there.

The limitations and instability of SA-MP are more apparent than ever, and that's even without getting into the uncertainty that the SA-MP became after its creator jumped the ship.

We've taken steps to address that and it's why we're expanding to GTA V and push ourselves as hard as we can to be the best out there once again. Will it solve all issues and will LS-RP suddenly please everyone? No. But we'll be able to provide a new and unique platform with focus on creativity and freedom of Roleplay.

If you believe LS-RP can do better, stick around. If you're interested in helping me and the team making it happen, join staff and I'll be forever thankful. If you have evidence of wrongdoing or constructive feedback how I can make LS-RP better, PM me. If you're doubtful or skeptical, and would rather see our actions than hear me talk, give me a few months. If you're only here to talk shit on forums, piss off.

Locked

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot]