LSRP! Wow!

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Junior Admins, FM, Senior Lead Admins

User avatar
Frank_Jewnatra
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm
Ingame name: Gelt Made Macher

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Frank_Jewnatra » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

I left around 2016, I recently bought myself a new computer so I installed everything and gave LSRP another shot.
Not one of my old friends was still around so I thought I'll just hop on the game by myself and just see where it takes me like the good old days...
I didn't find anyone to rp with(at peak), I drove all around Los Santos and all I could find is empty streets and AFKíng ppl.
So maybe the server isn't dead but to me the vibe that it once had, has gone and I don't think it'll ever be the same again.
ירח שועלים מלא מרביץ בהיר את כל העיר
ההר, הים, גזרת המגננה
ומצלצל הטלפון ומודיעים שכנראה
חוליית אויב אחת הסתננה.

User avatar
Survivalism
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:20 am

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Survivalism » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 am

Frank_Jewnatra wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm
I left around 2016, I recently bought myself a new computer so I installed everything and gave LSRP another shot.
Not one of my old friends was still around so I thought I'll just hop on the game by myself and just see where it takes me like the good old days...
I didn't find anyone to rp with(at peak), I drove all around Los Santos and all I could find is empty streets and AFKíng ppl.
So maybe the server isn't dead but to me the vibe that it once had, has gone and I don't think it'll ever be the same again.
Weren't you playing with Moeykhalifa a number of years ago? I could've sworn that we've all roleplayed together at one point.
Originally played from 2012 - 2017 & for half of 2020. Currently on GTA World

booze and narcotics
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Ingame name: Roderick Galvan

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by booze and narcotics » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:26 am

server's nowhere near what it used to be as GTA World keeps progressing further at a fast rate whilst LSRP has entered a spiral of shit and decline refusing to acknowledge it by giving the standard loser mentality statement "its just a game". yes, its a game, but it doesnt run on angel dust, there are factors that make or break an online roleplaying game such as playerbase, quality and communication between the players and staff, its a business, in business theres competition, with competition comes responsibilty of keeping up with others and giving people a reason to return, play and continuing to play which LSRP fails at (declining playerbase, key members of the community leaving for Gta World or quitting overall, not all but a significant amount to the point where its blatantly noticeable, biases from the staff and the community as a whole, staff being afraid of taking action bcuz of the fear that it might damage their irrelevant reputation within their respective circles and/or community, and honestly so much more that i can't be arsed to note bcuz why would i whenever its been talked about for months, some issues even years, and people still act oblivious). the server has lost it's uniqueness to a noticeably far more superior server at this current moment and as people start realising it and LSRPs staff team continues to remain stubborn on the topic it slowly diminishes overtime into irrelevance. place LSRP in a graph and look at it, it takes about 2 brain cells to comprehend its going downhill whenever it's a great time period of opportunity for online communities and games to shine (because of COVID lockdowns), but congratulations, you've fucked it, it's just a downward slope of decline for LSRP. censor me, delete me, ban me truth still remains the truth get over it

Redz
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Posts: 5072
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 am
Ingame name: -

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Redz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm

being quite honest, those who keep saying GTA W is constantly developing are probably just bias in a bad way. A new server will always be constantly developing. This isn't me being bias to LSRP but compare the development for LSRP over the time span is has been up and GTA world. Obviously it's going to seem like they are developing much more often than LSRP is and I'm sure people who are complaining about lack of updates probably never scripted themselves to understand that you can't just slap new stuff on old stuff and expect it to work.


So again, if you play GTA world, good for you, enjoy it. No one will judge. If you play LSRP, good for you as well, no one should judge. But the negativity should really stop it just looks childish.

LSRP Game Administrator


booze and narcotics
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Ingame name: Roderick Galvan

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by booze and narcotics » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Redz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm
being quite honest, those who keep saying GTA W is constantly developing are probably just bias in a bad way. A new server will always be constantly developing. This isn't me being bias to LSRP but compare the development for LSRP over the time span is has been up and GTA world. Obviously it's going to seem like they are developing much more often than LSRP is and I'm sure people who are complaining about lack of updates probably never scripted themselves to understand that you can't just slap new stuff on old stuff and expect it to work.


So again, if you play GTA world, good for you, enjoy it. No one will judge. If you play LSRP, good for you as well, no one should judge. But the negativity should really stop it just looks childish.
kinda stupid to say whenever gta world has more features and development than LSRP so your point becomes invalid. i wasnt even talking about development, i was talking about he server as a whole, but now that i think about it a 2007 server is less developed than a 2015. makes sense? idk. im not saying that from a biased perspective, i dont play LSRP or GTA World i could care less, i just know that if i had to recommend or play either 1 of them it'd be gta5. i think you're the 1 talking from a biased perspective or u just haven't even tried

User avatar
John_Madonna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by John_Madonna » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:42 pm

SAMP dominated the 2010s, V will dominate the 2020s.

Jeff Bezos said, quote: ”All businesses need to be young forever. If your customer base ages with you, you’re Woolworth’s.”

LSRP is Woolworth’s.

I’m sorry to say but the current management is riding the last of the wave and using LSRP as an ATM.

It’s evident because:

1) There’s no plan to move to V which is the future of roleplaying as we know it.
2) They drifted from what made LSRP so successful in the early days which was keeping it fun and fair for everyone.

You can defend the push for realism all you want but you are ignorant or delusional if you genuinely believe it helps the server. The server has been in a downward spiral since 2015 because the game stopped being fun. The game became too limited.

It’s difficult to gain new players because V is more attractive in every shape, form and fashion.

It’s difficult to retain old players because they have given | are giving up on LSRP, myself included.



While everyone was busy debating what is and isn’t realistic, they forgot to enjoy the game for what it was. Period.
i cinque punti della malavita

Redz
Game Administrator
Game Administrator
Posts: 5072
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 am
Ingame name: -

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Redz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm

booze and narcotics wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm
Redz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm
being quite honest, those who keep saying GTA W is constantly developing are probably just bias in a bad way. A new server will always be constantly developing. This isn't me being bias to LSRP but compare the development for LSRP over the time span is has been up and GTA world. Obviously it's going to seem like they are developing much more often than LSRP is and I'm sure people who are complaining about lack of updates probably never scripted themselves to understand that you can't just slap new stuff on old stuff and expect it to work.


So again, if you play GTA world, good for you, enjoy it. No one will judge. If you play LSRP, good for you as well, no one should judge. But the negativity should really stop it just looks childish.
kinda stupid to say whenever gta world has more features and development than LSRP so your point becomes invalid. i wasnt even talking about development, i was talking about he server as a whole, but now that i think about it a 2007 server is less developed than a 2015. makes sense? idk. im not saying that from a biased perspective, i dont play LSRP or GTA World i could care less, i just know that if i had to recommend or play either 1 of them it'd be gta5. i think you're the 1 talking from a biased perspective or u just haven't even tried
I've played both. So not bias, I'm not discrediting GTA World. It's a good server good features and all that. But what I'm saying is for those who just speak negatively on the server or any of them for that matter because of their personal opinions is pointless. Everyone has their preference. If you have nothing meaningful to say don't say it. It's that simple. Get what I mean?

LSRP Game Administrator


User avatar
zalenac
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1416
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:58 am
Location: New York

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by zalenac » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Mfs don’t even need a large player base to enjoy their time in any server.

Just come back and figure out what you enjoy most. At the end of the day, we’re all here to have a good time.

Shit is lit lmao

User avatar
The Big Mano
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 192
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:59 pm
Location: Secret

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by The Big Mano » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:21 pm

Zagros wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:45 pm
Big Mano, you from Cycos right? Don't lie to me.
How dare you?

booze and narcotics
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:06 pm
Ingame name: Roderick Galvan

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by booze and narcotics » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:23 am

Redz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm
booze and narcotics wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 pm
Redz wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm
being quite honest, those who keep saying GTA W is constantly developing are probably just bias in a bad way. A new server will always be constantly developing. This isn't me being bias to LSRP but compare the development for LSRP over the time span is has been up and GTA world. Obviously it's going to seem like they are developing much more often than LSRP is and I'm sure people who are complaining about lack of updates probably never scripted themselves to understand that you can't just slap new stuff on old stuff and expect it to work.


So again, if you play GTA world, good for you, enjoy it. No one will judge. If you play LSRP, good for you as well, no one should judge. But the negativity should really stop it just looks childish.
kinda stupid to say whenever gta world has more features and development than LSRP so your point becomes invalid. i wasnt even talking about development, i was talking about he server as a whole, but now that i think about it a 2007 server is less developed than a 2015. makes sense? idk. im not saying that from a biased perspective, i dont play LSRP or GTA World i could care less, i just know that if i had to recommend or play either 1 of them it'd be gta5. i think you're the 1 talking from a biased perspective or u just haven't even tried
I've played both. So not bias, I'm not discrediting GTA World. It's a good server good features and all that. But what I'm saying is for those who just speak negatively on the server or any of them for that matter because of their personal opinions is pointless. Everyone has their preference. If you have nothing meaningful to say don't say it. It's that simple. Get what I mean?
Sure, but I think people have come up with some solid points on other threads such as these on issues within the server. If the person just states baseless comments without giving a reasoning or just being all around the board toxic, sure, fuck him, but there are a lot of people with genuine intentions trying to speak on issues so that they can be resolved. criticism might come off as rude from certain people posting, but thats just what happens whenever you're passionate about a community that you've put so much time in over the years. I dont think people that talk on these topics in such way as I did hold ill will against the community and/or the server. dont you agree?

LOSKI
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:17 am

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by LOSKI » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:44 am

Started playing here in 2008 came back to see what's cracking and It's very sad indeed to see the decline.

Honestly I could see this coming from a mile off even pre V.

The only logical conclusion is to either move to V or downsize the map (move to a smaller location) although, this has been done with previous servers in the past and failed horribly (valhalla gaming)

although, a permanent prison rp would be cool.

User avatar
John_Madonna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by John_Madonna » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:14 pm

zalenac wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm
Mfs don’t even need a large player base to enjoy their time in any server.

Just come back and figure out what you enjoy most. At the end of the day, we’re all here to have a good time.

Shit is lit lmao
It’s never been about (declining) player base.

I know there are varying reasons for people leaving the server but the main reason for me personally is how restricted roleplay has become because of rules and regulations.

There’s a number of real-life modi operandi that cannot be roleplayed because how SAMP is designed. Okay, fine. However, LSRP started prohibiting a number of realistic modi operandi/schemes that were not only creative but realistic. Anything from auto dealer fraud to stock scams to credit card fraud to vehicle impoundment scams etc. I know over 12 rule changes between 2009 and 2015 that prohibited certain types of criminal roleplay.

Resultantly, factions started streamlining their roleplay because you can only roleplay so much when you’re not only limited by SAMP design and script but LSRP rules and regulations. There’s been factions that only roleplay around guns and drugs.

And don’t tell me “be more creative“ because we’ve run hundreds of schemes and operations that were realistic and could be done by anyone. Sure, we fucked over a lot of people ICly but there were far more opportunities for roleplay. For everyone.

The rules were more lax but they were fun and fair for everyone. The moment rules started restricting people’s creativity and roleplay it was over. Ask anyone. Most people left because they couldn’t roleplay what they wanted. What they found fun. Now it’s all about “you can’t roleplay that because it’s not realistic.“ May as well roleplay COVID restrictions at this point.

Nothing has been done to remove rules and regulations that limit/prohibit roleplay even after countless suggestions by veteran players.

Edit:

I’m not even a gang roleplayer but I remember street gangs being stacked. People liked not having to write long replies in (faction) reports every time they beefed. Mostly everything was solved in-game.

Sure, 2 4-man Sultan drive-bys may not have been the most realistic but it was fun. It was engaging. It was threatening. Corners were stacked. You couldn’t beef with anyone without getting into conflict. Conflicts were solved in-game not on the forum.

Even as a Mafia roleplayer, I miss seeing huge street brawls, drive-bys, stacked corners, nightclub fights, armed robberies etc.
i cinque punti della malavita

User avatar
Frank_Jewnatra
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 pm
Ingame name: Gelt Made Macher

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Frank_Jewnatra » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm

John_Madonna wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:14 pm
Even as a Mafia roleplayer, I miss seeing huge street brawls, drive-bys, stacked corners, nightclub fights, armed robberies etc.
I couldn't agree more, those days you were just having fun you could just drive around places and you wouldn't know where it can take you because everything can happen.
Everyone tried to make roleplaying so intricate and complicated to the point there is no sense anymore.
ירח שועלים מלא מרביץ בהיר את כל העיר
ההר, הים, גזרת המגננה
ומצלצל הטלפון ומודיעים שכנראה
חוליית אויב אחת הסתננה.

User avatar
Survivalism
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:20 am

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Survivalism » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:10 pm

Aside from the factors already mentioned by myself and others, I'd like to bring some other issues into the equation. Players have either quit for good or they've moved onto GTA 5 roleplaying servers because:

* Changes to the Staff Team, such as when individuals like Damian & company were removed, have proven to be detrimental towards this server. The Staff Team has been unstable and in-flux ever since. This is what I earlier referred to as a chain of mismanagement. It seems like higher Management individuals such as Mow have been inactive for years. When they are actually active, it's sporadic at best. I've never known any of them to actually have characters on this server. And this isn't even mentioning how Surreal literally abandoned LSRP in 2019 when it was enduring extremely severe DDoS attacks that could have actually shut this place down.

* People don't trust Management because they strongly suspect that donator money is being shared among themselves and pocketed. This goes counter to their system, where said money should be put into the server. The money should then be used to roll out server updates with regularity, along with actively fixing script bugs.

* Faction Management in the past have awarded certain factions the status of official when it arguably wasn't deserved. Why wasn't it deserved? Because those factions had objectively poor roleplaying standards, and had a reputation for being disruptive towards others with regards to this. They also had a fair number of bad actors who contributed to the community's overall toxicity.

* Major updates, up to and including: burner phones and SACF's remodeling took forever to implement. This was in spite of the fact that a speedy delivery time was initially promised. Other interesting scripts, such as the house robbery scheme, were never re-implemented in spite of popular demand within the community. When updates were actually delivered on a somewhat timely manner, they were ridden with scripting bugs that the Management neglected to fix. This was particularly the case with the Detective Script.

* LSRP's veteran players, such as myself and a number of other commenters on this thread, have quit for good. It's either that, or we've moved onto GTA 5 roleplaying servers. Not only do we have real life priorities that encompass education, jobs and careers, but LSRP simply doesn't do it for us anymore. We're not having fun. Things just aren't the way they were before.

* GTA SA came out in 2004 and LSRP was created in 2007. That's 17 and 14 years ago, respectively. The new generation of video gamers aren't playing GTA SA, SAMP, MTA or LSRP. Aside from mainstream titles such as Minecraft, Fortnite, World of Warcraft, Starcraft and the like, newcomers are primarily interested in GTA 5 and what it has to offer. This touches on what I said earlier, when people who are entirely new to the very concept of text-based GTA roleplaying are now all on GTA World. There aren't very many of them coming to LSRP. And the ones that are, I suspect, likely lack the capability to play GTA 5 due to financial problems.

* Community toxicity has always been problematic on LSRP. I'm not just talking about OOC rivalries between factions and individual players. I'm also talking about isolated incidents of players getting hacked, doxed and DDoSed by other players ever since I first joined.

* Administrator punishments have arguably been disproportional. Some examples include banning people for one-time isolated incidents of harmless trolling, being AFK for too long and excessive idling. It's also worth mentioning that there's always been a double standard at play here. Players on the server who have established reputations for trolling and sub-par roleplay are allowed to continue being shitpumps. Yet when a so-called "good roleplayer" fucks up once, they're potentially getting banned right away. This happened to me several years ago, when I was banned for trolling someone making ads at the mall with /low. It was literally one line of speech and I got punted for a week. It's unacceptable.

* Others have mentioned this above, but Staff Team overreach has resulted in hyper-restrictive rules that has caused criminal factions to narrow their focus. This is why OOC connections, guns and drugs are the way to success on LSRP. Because very few other crimes are able to occur due to SAMP's natural limitations along with LSRP's rules. This has caused roleplaying concepts in general to become recycled and cliché. Nothing new happens around here anymore, and quite frankly, it sucks.

* Roleplaying itself has became atomized. What do I mean by this? I'm referring to the phenomenon of criminal & legal factions becoming self-isolated and segregated away from everyone else. In order to get in with them, you either have to approach them during peak hours or you require the right OOC connections. With this being said, there's no longer an established civilian core on LSRP anymore. All that's left are government, police and criminals. The only civilians that you'll find are all concentrated within Idlestack and the Verona Mall... this effectively means that there's no real society on LSRP anymore. The server is a hyper-realistic Cops & Robbers server with rigidly enforced roleplaying standards.

It's also worth reading Damian's farewell letter to LSRP. In my opinion, this was the final nail in the coffin: viewtopic.php?t=525137
Originally played from 2012 - 2017 & for half of 2020. Currently on GTA World

Danny
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:26 pm

Re: LSRP! Wow!

Post by Danny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:14 am

John_Madonna wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:14 pm
zalenac wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm
Mfs don’t even need a large player base to enjoy their time in any server.

Just come back and figure out what you enjoy most. At the end of the day, we’re all here to have a good time.

Shit is lit lmao
It’s never been about (declining) player base.

I know there are varying reasons for people leaving the server but the main reason for me personally is how restricted roleplay has become because of rules and regulations.

There’s a number of real-life modi operandi that cannot be roleplayed because how SAMP is designed. Okay, fine. However, LSRP started prohibiting a number of realistic modi operandi/schemes that were not only creative but realistic. Anything from auto dealer fraud to stock scams to credit card fraud to vehicle impoundment scams etc. I know over 12 rule changes between 2009 and 2015 that prohibited certain types of criminal roleplay.

Resultantly, factions started streamlining their roleplay because you can only roleplay so much when you’re not only limited by SAMP design and script but LSRP rules and regulations. There’s been factions that only roleplay around guns and drugs.

And don’t tell me “be more creative“ because we’ve run hundreds of schemes and operations that were realistic and could be done by anyone. Sure, we fucked over a lot of people ICly but there were far more opportunities for roleplay. For everyone.

The rules were more lax but they were fun and fair for everyone. The moment rules started restricting people’s creativity and roleplay it was over. Ask anyone. Most people left because they couldn’t roleplay what they wanted. What they found fun. Now it’s all about “you can’t roleplay that because it’s not realistic.“ May as well roleplay COVID restrictions at this point.

Nothing has been done to remove rules and regulations that limit/prohibit roleplay even after countless suggestions by veteran players.

Edit:

I’m not even a gang roleplayer but I remember street gangs being stacked. People liked not having to write long replies in (faction) reports every time they beefed. Mostly everything was solved in-game.

Sure, 2 4-man Sultan drive-bys may not have been the most realistic but it was fun. It was engaging. It was threatening. Corners were stacked. You couldn’t beef with anyone without getting into conflict. Conflicts were solved in-game not on the forum.

Even as a Mafia roleplayer, I miss seeing huge street brawls, drive-bys, stacked corners, nightclub fights, armed robberies etc.
I could tell from a mile away who this was

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users