Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Senior Lead Admins

R3PZY_TTV
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Donnie_Wilkos

Day/Night Cycle

Post by R3PZY_TTV » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Okay so I just wanted to make this as simple as possible, and I don't really think anyone can debate. Flip the day and night cycle, because look at it from an IC POV, everybody only comes outside during the night and sleeps during the day as if we were some type of nocturnal animals or something. When the sun is out on the server almost NOBODY is online, I feel like it would make it more immersive for EVERYONE if the cycle was flipped and people can enjoy the games light IC and OOCly. I feel like as a gang RPer, standing out on the block at night doing nothing is a little off, why do that when you can stand on the block during the day and do activities such as basketball, dope slangin, shit like that you feel me?

Doughboy_818
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Day/Night Cycle

Post by Doughboy_818 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:35 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 pm
..and do activities such as basketball, dope slangin, shit like that you feel me?
You can do that at night too :roll: most players are from EU, you're from the us, thats why you trippin about the times

R3PZY_TTV
Mafia
Mafia

Post by R3PZY_TTV » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 pm

You can do that at night too :roll: most players are from EU, you're from the us, thats why you trippin about the times
You have a point, but majority of the players are from america or from different timezones than EU, you notice how when the server is on daytime it's like 10 - 20 people online, but at the servers nightime it's 200 - 300 people, and %85 of them are either american or from a closer timezone. It's about making the majority happy.

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:48 am

The majority of players are not americans. By 1-2-3 AM my time the playerbase is already down to 150 at best, and it declines to 30-20 by our morning, so where are you americans at that time?

DIECIOCHOVIDA
Gangster
Gangster

Post by DIECIOCHOVIDA » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Do a 6 hr day/night cycle instead of 12. Simple solution.

R3PZY_TTV
Mafia
Mafia

Post by R3PZY_TTV » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:35 pm

This^^

Samuel Perez
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Samuel Perez » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:35 pm
This^^
Completely agree. It’d be good for everyone to have the opportunity to RP in both day and night.

Deutscher
Capitán
Capitán
Ingame name: Arthur Garcia

Post by Deutscher » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:39 am

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 pm
You have a point, but majority of the players are from america or from different timezones than EU, you notice how when the server is on daytime it's like 10 - 20 people online, but at the servers nightime it's 200 - 300 people, and %85 of them are either american or from a closer timezone. It's about making the majority happy.
When it's day time in Europe it's day time in the server. When it's evening for us, it's evening in lsrp. For Americans it's the other way around. Haven't met that many Americans on lsrp or any roleplay server in general. If we think about this, It would be pretty easy to flip the time around, not that many players are on during the lsrp day. It would be more realistic if players were going out during the day.

Arthur
Gringo Loco
Gringo Loco

Post by Arthur » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:30 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 pm
I feel like as a gang RPer, standing out on the block at night doing nothing is a little off
It's still kind of the life of a street gang member though, they are for most part unemployed and sleep til the afternoon, then tend to go out and gather in the street after dark.
I'm pretty sure taking a drive around an american gang neighborhood during daylight and during night time will show you two very different sides of that same neighborhood.

Don't get me wrong though, I understand your day/night cycle concern and I would feel concerned too if I'd lived somewhere else than europe.
Just wanted to let you know on a side note that you didn't choose the right arguments to highlight this matter.
R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:40 pm
majority of the players are from america or from different timezones than EU, you notice how when the server is on daytime it's like 10 - 20 people online, but at the servers nightime it's 200 - 300 people, and %85 of them are either american or from a closer timezone. It's about making the majority happy.
That's what shows you that most part of the player base is located in Europe, because before 6 to 7pm server time, people are at work or at school, and simply log when they're home and done with their day. That's why most americans logs in around 1 to 2am server time, because it's like 7pm to them.

DIECIOCHOVIDA wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:06 pm
Interesting solution, it can work fine if the sun comes up at 3am server time.

It would make it go down to 9am, the following 6 hours on the server are pretty deserted so it's not really a problem if it's dark.
The sun comes up again for 3pm, most part of europeans players will log around 6-7pm which make them enjoy daylight RP until 9pm.
The american players will log in for most during this night time (around 1 to 2am server time) and for 3am (so roughly ~7pm in their country) the sun comes up again and they will be able to RP daylight and will probably even log off before the sun comes down again at 9am. (As it would be ~3am to them).

This way, it won't impact the european players, not much change to them as peak time remains daylight until 9pm they won't really notice the cycle change, on the other hand, american players who logs at their own regular peak time will finally get to enjoy daylight RP as much as europeans as the sun is up for them almost all of their peak time aswell.

Johnny French - The Valenti Crime Family.
BULLY - Nixon Garden Insane Spanish Cobras.

ImperiumXVII
Forum Moderator
Ingame name: Zachary_Cook

Post by ImperiumXVII » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:22 am

We would most definitely need the same time scale. It gets complicated when you add IC time and OOC time (as would be necessary with a 6 hour cycle).

The best solution would be to set the server's time to 4 or 5 hours earlier (GMT -3 or -4) as a good compromise between US and EU timezones.

• The server gets busy around 9pm. It would be 4pm/5pm ingame. When most people are out, which is somewhat realistic as people IC would be finishing work or around then too.
  • When the server dies off around 3am, it would be 10pm/11pm ingame. Also a realistic time for people to be heading to bed.
  • Players that join the game around peak time would be able to experience both daytime and night time
  • Players that are active in the server's morning (9 am kinda time) would also experience both daytime and night time
  • Players that are active in the afternoon wouldn't see many other people as the server is not at peak yet. This coincides with people being busy or at work ICly around 1pm.
I do think you should post a suggestion so that the development team can discuss this.
Police Sergeant II Zachary Cook
Police Chief Counsel Sophie Thyne
FORUM MODERATOR
DEVELOPMENT TEAM

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:43 pm

So to roleplay at a club, we'd have to wait until 3AM? Kind of a dumb compromise.

Sh4rp
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Broderick_Allbright

Post by Sh4rp » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:11 pm

I think what you want or can roleplay doesn't depend on what time it is. We all know this is a game and no body will report you if you go play basketball at 3 AM. The current day/night cycle doesn't bother me.

Ali_Moreno
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ali_Moreno » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:10 pm

You realise other people play this server that are not from your country, right? Change the server time to suit my time!!

Return to “General Discussions”