Migrating to GTA Underground: Multiplayer Client

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Senior Lead Admins

Algerianboy

Re: Migrating to GTA Underground: Multiplayer Client

Post by Algerianboy » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:25 pm

LSRP is dying more than ever, so even if they decline migrating now, once the player base drops to 100, or less, they will be forced to migrate, cause it is something new, and offers more stuff than ever, skins, weapons, vehicules, and new maps, and that shit attracts players, trust me.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by dzgapaan » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 pm

I think it's too late, I mean new generation doesn't like playing GTA:SA, while veterans have families, jobs, responsibilities e.t.c However, It can be tried. Maybe it can let LS-RP to live for few years more.

gurnooq
Civilian
Civilian

Post by gurnooq » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm

madamChloe wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:41 am
It's not the same client. It's another platform and another branch. We could have been on MTA if that's what management had wanted, but LSRP has always been on SAMP and will 100% stay like that until either the server dies for good or SAMP goes under.
Los Santos Copchase (of SAMP) has already whitelisted as well as been accepted to move over to UG-MP.
And to add on this, I hope you do realize they aren't hashing account passwords lmao, they're either full of security flaws caused by bad developers or full of shit by owners with bad intents.

We saw what that resulted in.
This comment made me laugh so much. The fact that you are modding for this server and you don't know basic computer knowledge worries me... LSRP could of moved to MTA but didn't because of a couple of reason which I'm not going to talk about it. Secondly, the comment you made about "security flaws". "Aren't hashing account passwords". How do you know they are not doing that? Are you helping them mod? How do you know they have bad intents? It just sounds like you are bashing hate towards them for no reason. Please do some research before posting a thread about this topic..

I'm not here to hate on lsrp but we all know why the server is dying. The reason why it's dying is because of the admins (not all of them). Admins are banning people right, left, centre without a reason. So many admin abusers on the server which makes it not fun anymore. Secondly, the developers on the server are not listening to the community which means they don't really care anymore. ImperiumXVII’s made a statement which he stated "SA-MP in general is losing its English-speaking player count (there are still over 25k Russian players as of the beginning of 2020 if I recall correctly)". Foreign have basically took over SA-MP. Each Russian server has 1k players every night. The last reason is because not everyone can afford a good pc to run GTA V. You don't need a good pc to run UG-MP, therefore people would switch from SA-MP to UG-MP to try something new.

The reason why UG-MP will be successful is because many people are just bored of SA-MP and would like to move to something new. There will be many new features, such as new weapons, skins and more. People have argued saying that it has 3 maps and how will all of them be used. The answer is really simple, you could just cut off the other parts which will not be used. There are many things to mention, so I'll just be linking the wiki and you guys can have a read.

((I'm not here to bash the server or anything, I'm just telling you my opinion))

https://gtafanon.fandom.com/wiki/Grand_ ... nderground

madamChloe
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by madamChloe » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:43 pm

gurnooq wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm
madamChloe wrote:
It's not the same client. It's another platform and another branch. We could have been on MTA if that's what management had wanted, but LSRP has always been on SAMP and will 100% stay like that until either the server dies for good or SAMP goes under.
Los Santos Copchase (of SAMP) has already whitelisted as well as been accepted to move over to UG-MP.
And to add on this, I hope you do realize they aren't hashing account passwords lmao, they're either full of security flaws caused by bad developers or full of shit by owners with bad intents.

This comment made me laugh so much. The fact that you are modding for this server and you don't know basic computer knowledge worries me... LSRP could of moved to MTA but didn't because of a couple of reason which I'm not going to talk about it. Secondly, the comment you made about "security flaws". "Aren't hashing account passwords". How do you know they are not doing that? Are you helping them mod? How do you know they have bad intents? It just sounds like you are bashing hate towards them for no reason. Please do some research before posting a thread about this topic..

I'm not here to hate on lsrp but we all know why the server is dying. The reason why it's dying is because of the admins (not all of them). Admins are banning people right, left, centre without a reason. So many admin abusers on the server which makes it not fun anymore. Secondly, the developers on the server are not listening to the community which means they don't really care anymore. ImperiumXVII’s made a statement which he stated "SA-MP in general is losing its English-speaking player count (there are still over 25k Russian players as of the beginning of 2020 if I recall correctly)". Foreign have basically took over SA-MP. Each Russian server has 1k players every night. The last reason is because not everyone can afford a good pc to run GTA V. You don't need a good pc to run UG-MP, therefore people would switch from SA-MP to UG-MP to try something new.

The reason why UG-MP will be successful is because many people are just bored of SA-MP and would like to move to something new. There will be many new features, such as new weapons, skins and more. People have argued saying that it has 3 maps and how will all of them be used. The answer is really simple, you could just cut off the other parts which will not be used. There are many things to mention, so I'll just be linking the wiki and you guys can have a read.

((I'm not here to bash the server or anything, I'm just telling you my opinion))

You're funny my man.
MODDING TEAM MEMBER madamChloe
Image Cake#9420

Benny_S
Borgata

Post by Benny_S » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:49 pm

madamChloe wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:43 pm
gurnooq wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm
madamChloe wrote:

You're funny my man.
He's got a point though, in terms of migrating, UG-MP is the best current option. If people wanted to play on RageMP they could've went to GTAW directly. If LSRP decides to move to RageMP, you're gonna half a large number of players who won't move because they enjoy SAMP more, and another number of players who don't have what it takes to move to RageMP.

theworldisyours.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by theworldisyours. » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:58 am

LCRP gone be hitting when UGMP drop🔥
Damn, life's so short
Fuck it, I don't wanna go to court

Lady Pullout2x
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Lady Pullout2x » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:42 pm

madamChloe wrote:

Holy shit, are you always this toxic and egotistical? Serious question.

Someone makes a thread with NUMEROUS great points pointed out in a video and you sit here typing up a storm angry over someone trying to form a valid discussion, all while purely basing every single one of your points off opinion (*cough* hate *cough*). The irony, wow.

Anywho, the switch would be very dope, GTA Underground looks very promising.

madamChloe
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by madamChloe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:50 pm

Lady Pullout2x wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:42 pm
madamChloe wrote:

Someone makes a thread with NUMEROUS great points pointed out in a video and you sit here typing up a storm angry over someone trying to form a valid discussion, all while purely basing every single one of your points off opinion (*cough* hate *cough*). The irony, wow.

Having an opinion = toxicity? Thank you for the clarification, sir.
Image Cake#9420

gurnooq
Civilian
Civilian

Post by gurnooq » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 pm

madamChloe wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:50 pm
Lady Pullout2x wrote:
madamChloe wrote:

Meaning of opinion: "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge." What you said on the thread:

"And to add on this, I hope you do realize they aren't hashing account passwords lmao, they're either full of security flaws caused by bad developers or full of shit by owners with bad intents."

Meaning of toxicity: Means Bad Attitude and Behavior in an online gaming context. You don't have to be Albert Einstein to solve this but which one do you think you belong to?

We know your favorite server is slowly decreasing in players but you know the famous saying "Nothing good lasts forever". You have to move on, UGMP will be the next big thing....

Lady Pullout2x
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Lady Pullout2x » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:56 pm

madamChloe wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:50 pm
Lady Pullout2x wrote:
madamChloe wrote:

Lol, that's not even an opinion, that's just you trashing something because you don't want LSRP to leave your precious SA-MP which is very weird. I don't know why you making it like you're are / have been apart of their development team.

That's like a new game drops, and a youtuber says "Well, they have pretty weak security, and they don't hash the password or do anything to try to keep your passwords safe. I honestly wouldn't play it unless you're retarded" then getting mad when someone calls them on their bullshit.

How could you make such an assumption and claim it as an "opinion"?

madamChloe
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by madamChloe » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 am

gurnooq wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 pm
You have to move on, UGMP will be the next big thing....
come back when it is the biggest thing, chief
Image Cake#9420

Rancor
Depressed Sicario

Post by Rancor » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:04 am

Quick correction to the guy that said Russian servers get 1k players daily. Half of those 1k players are bots if not more than half. There are two main reasons the server is losing players.

(1) Some, not all or most,of the staff team do not give a damn about the server.

- Tell me how many level 4+ admins do you see on daily basis? Yeah, I get that people, including me, have a life outside SA-MP but if you're going to take a very important position like this you gotta be active. It's one of the responsibilities you have.
- Yeah, I get admins are not our slave but it's also their job to check our applications, requests, reports, and appeals as soon as possible and provide an answer. I don't know why some admins find it SOOOOOOOOO COOL to keep you waiting or ignore you for some time before actually responding. Examples to my previous point: (Making us wait a five days to get a scriptwise, ignoring a player for a week or two before you give your verdict on their ban appeal[innocent or not, it happens to both], taking a whole month to respond to a staff report) This seriously pisses us off and would make a player leave, because the amount of bullshit he keeps going through.

Take me for example, I came back to LS-RP earlier this year and literally bought gold donator every single month to support the server. Shortly after I came back, I got falsely banned twice.

First one was for speed hacking, I made a ban appeal and followed the normal procedures, but the admin that banned me didn't want to even conversate about it and when I told him in the appeal that I support the server every single month and it would be stupid for me to hack, he literally replied with this "And no, guilty tripping me by indirectly saying that 'I banned someone who is keeping the server alive by donating' will not work—cheats aren't tolerated, period.", so I decided to report him. The report ended in my favor and I got unbanned after 15 days, which means I lost half month worth of my donator time. Obviously, the only way to get that refunded, that is if Mmartin decides it's rightful for me, was to PM Mmartin about it and hopefully after a couple of decades he'd respond.

The second time, I got banned for ban evading and just like last time the tester didn't have any of it, so I made another report and it ended my favor so he had to unban me after 10 days. There goes another 10 days from my donator. Honestly, if you were in my place wouldn't leave the server?

(2) SA-MP isn't getting really old.

- SAMP has been around for a very long time, I know for a fact that most of the playerbase right now is of people that were even born after SAMP was created.
- SAMP has never been advertised properly like other old games such as OS Runescape and etc... There are many livestreamers who go on OS Runscape, stream for hours, and get a lot of views.

--------------------------

Honestly, I heard a lot of good things about UGRP, but I don't know about switching. It costed LS-RP a lot of players when they moved from 0.3.7 to 0.3.DL and a lot of bugs arrose, so I don't know how bad the side-effects would be if they switch to a whole new client and if it's going to be worth the risk.

Youth
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Ra-Ra

Post by Youth » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:06 am

madamChloe wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:43 am
gurnooq wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:52 pm
You have to move on, UGMP will be the next big thing....
come back when it is the biggest thing, chief
It's sad when multiple people have to tell you how unpleasant your smugness is. This post is so antithetical to keeping the SAMP community alive. Why don't you help grow UG-MP by advocating or spreading the word? Why are you so entitled, you think we're trying to impress you? You don't even want UG-MP to grow, you're the definition of an irrational hater.

madamChloe
Modding Team
Modding Team

Post by madamChloe » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 am

yall out here shitting on lsrp while advertising your unauthorised ripoff of samp on lsrp forums. rofl, im having my popcorn out and it's barely 9am.

it is clear you guys don't play lsrp anymore. level 4 admins are on daily.
Image Cake#9420

Lady Pullout2x
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Lady Pullout2x » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:05 am

madamChloe wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:52 am
yall out here shitting on lsrp while advertising your unauthorised ripoff of samp on lsrp forums. rofl, im having my popcorn out and it's barely 9am.

it is clear you guys don't play lsrp anymore. level 4 admins are on daily.
*cough*Elitist*cough*
Ever since you got your Mapper badge you've grown an ego, modder!

Return to “General Discussions”