PFs and Illegal Roleplay

Forum for General LS-RP discussion.

Moderators: Game Admins, FM, Lead Admins

Hearns
Gangster
Gangster

Re: PFs and Illegal Roleplay

Post by Hearns » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:54 am

Reading Sonny Barger's book, he says those who had gun licenses in the HA would carry one and those who didn't would carry a melee weapon when they were on a ride. So, I mean at the end of the day if you're a criminal without a criminal record then why wouldn't you get a license until you're no longer able to?

Also, seems weird you can't roleplay a mechanic as an official illegal faction member as IRL you can't exactly declare your drug moneys to the tax man so roleplaying as a mechanic while doing it on the side for extra cashmoney would make sense.

KingMurda_GD74
Gangster
Gangster

Post by KingMurda_GD74 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 am

LVthaKiNG wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 am
Knowing that when you're in an illegal official faction and you can't get paychecks anymore really sparked an idea in my head. Why is it that during the PF application a person's character isn't investigated more? I honestly think if you roleplay in any caliber of illegal rp you shouldn't be allowed to purchase a PF gun, seeing the fact that the gun could be traced back to you. I see a large amount of illegal factions turning to applying and purchasing PF guns because they feel like they can't get guns any other way and using PF guns to commit crimes ICly is extremely cringe in my opinion.
That’s because it’s true man it keeps lsrp going cause tbh the higher ups are either being picky and not trying to create rp with gangs tbh or the factions are close inv but yes it’s hard now for up coming factions to defend their selfs not a lot of plugs to keep it balanced
Cooling with my locs on the blocc like its our last.

Tino Cortez-Alive
Zerick Diamond-Dead
Jason Benit-Away

bhaun995

Post by bhaun995 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:11 pm

--
Last edited by colorlessrainbow on Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spambot.

KillaWabz
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by KillaWabz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:16 pm

KingMurda_GD74 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:16 am

That’s because it’s true man it keeps lsrp going cause tbh the higher ups are either being picky and not trying to create rp with gangs tbh or the factions are close inv but yes it’s hard now for up coming factions to defend their selfs not a lot of plugs to keep it balanced
True, however Strawman are for that now. They should be helping out these new street gangs or factions. I have a CCW and I roleplay as a security guard & I do illegal roleplay such as minor drug dealing for a few people I know + killing illegally when necessary. I understand the PF & Street gang argument though.

BryanWS
Mobster
Mobster
Ingame name: Jack_Roux.

Post by BryanWS » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm

I really do think, but thats just personal.. That the PD/SD departments should really tighten up the rules around a PF license.

Why would someone who shot at the police receive multiple chances? Its unrealistic to open fire at the first place, the only reason people do it is either because their character is super-duper gangster ((Around 75 of the gangbang roleplayers)) or because they want to do some crimes without facing the consequences ((Such as SACF)).

If you're really after roleplaying a realistic gangbanger, in a realistic gang, then you should focuss on your ''plugs'', gangster's down in Chicago don't walk around with a gun permit in their pocket, they walk around with heavy weaponry obtained through-out the black-market.

I'd say either scrap the whole PF license system and bound it to guards or people who need it for certain jobs only, or.. Make sure the PD/SD checks everyone who gets killed in the process, although, thats going to require a lot of time..

I also think it hangs more value to a gun if they can not be obtained through a PF license, I re-call a faction near Ganton which member's purchased atleast 5 PF guns a day because they got killed in shootouts or robbed, they couldn't care less because all it took was 18k for a new gun.

dzgapaan
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Ingame name: Jonathan_Baccarini

Post by dzgapaan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:00 pm

PF's are being removed as soon as you do any crimes, even a misdemeanor offense. Also, using legal guns as your faction's supply is idiotic. As far as I know, unfortunately, there is not a script yet that gives PD/SD ability to trace legal guns.

Marvin_Redman
LS:RP Tester

Post by Marvin_Redman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 pm

LVthaKiNG wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:07 am
Knowing that when you're in an illegal official faction and you can't get paychecks anymore really sparked an idea in my head. Why is it that during the PF application a person's character isn't investigated more? I honestly think if you roleplay in any caliber of illegal rp you shouldn't be allowed to purchase a PF gun, seeing the fact that the gun could be traced back to you. I see a large amount of illegal factions turning to applying and purchasing PF guns because they feel like they can't get guns any other way and using PF guns to commit crimes ICly is extremely cringe in my opinion.
The real life USA-based don’t judge people based on where they’re from, what they do or who they associate with. They judge purely based on their criminal past if any. It’s not illegal to be in a gang until they’ve been part of a successful RICO case so to deny a gang member who lives in a very dangerous area the opportunity to legally own a firearm defeats the purpose of owning a gun in the first place.

It’s the same case in the game. They’re given depending on the applicant’s criminal record. In the event these people commit a crime or use their firearms in an illegal way then their license will be revoked and those responsible will be charged.

I do agree however that there should be some scripted method of being able to link murders with legally owned guns. Every legally bought weapon is registered on the federal firearms register along with its serial number and rifling (every gun has its own unique pattern that it imprints on fired rounds) so being able to recover those bullets from a body and being able to match them to a legally owned weapon and then do follow-up investigative work in order to trace it back to gun’s owner is something that is needed.

I feel in general that detectives have very few means of investigation and that some should be implemented in the script in order to give the detectives more avenues of investigation rather than every bullet being virtually identical and untraceable unless you PM the person who used them by knowing who they are beforehand.

knppel_alt
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Hashtag_MyCharToo

Post by knppel_alt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:58 pm

@Marvin_Redman and the background check topic,
I'd like to further point out that, roughly 80% of PF applications come from newly created namechanged characters fresh of batch.
There's not really much to investigate there upfront, given the character is an empty sheet- and as you say, even if someone claims his character has been in this or that war and murdered douzens of people, that's nothing police can take ic unless we also try it in LS.

@illegal use of legal weapons,
this topic has wide spread variety. Owning a legal gun shouldn't prevent you from doing crimes by default, however what's an issue is the use of these legal weapons for the mentioned crimes.
As has been pointed out already, we're not limited to gangsters who happen to stay clean and own firearms legally, but also people that treat legal gun access as easiest weapon supply, taking in account they have to regularly namechange and create new characters to be able to continue playing.
I'm not even excluding myself here, it happens all the time in our faction that someone makes a new guard char after getting to jail or their license revoked over some dipshit, and as long as there's no serious issues that'd lead to me not wanting that player around anymore, can I really be expected to discourage players from wanting to play with me?

In the end it leads back to the issue described above with the lack of background checks, which is not purely an ic issue due to namechanges.
I suggested a long time ago to add a 8 week or 3 month buffer time for new characters after namechange before applying for legal guns, simulating the process for immigrants to acquire greencards, documents etc., and for US citizens demonstrating they are a legal citizen of age.

This, instead of the pointless level recquirement that can be circumvented by buying a namechange, would actually encourage people to deal with license (loss) in character, rather than just creating new characters all the time.

.kickback
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Dustin Zhou

Post by .kickback » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:39 am

Criminals in real life do infact have "PF Licenses" however they lose this privilege if used incorrectly.

Return to “General Discussions”