Rule Update - April 2015 [Read last post]

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Locked
Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 6864
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Conspiracy » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:57 pm

DS wrote:So what if the person just never levels up to five?
We took the /levelup factor into consideration when making these rules, rest assured.

Users who choose to not /levelup to 5+ will be facing the following (plus more) repercussions:
  1. Not being able to rob or scam people since they're not level 5.
  2. Not being able to buy houses/businesses since the minimum levels on those are 5-10.
  3. No levels means no upgrade points = they'll have little to no health/strength.
  4. Not being able to buy a /mask because that requires level 5.
Being a full-time civilian is now possible, for whoever is interested.
Last edited by Conspiracy on Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
King
Certified
Certified
Posts: 8924
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by King » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:09 am

To be honest, level 5 also holds other perks such as notes and having the ability to wear a mask, alongside building up attributes. I don't think anyone would stoop so low as to not upgrade just to prevent being robbed.

DS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:30 am
Location: Georgia, United States

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by DS » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:31 am

Conspiracy wrote:
DS wrote:So what if the person just never levels up to five?
We took the /levelup factor into consideration when making these rules, rest assured.

Users who choose to not /levelup to 5+ will be facing the following (plus more) repercussions:
  1. Not being able to rob or scam people since they're not level 5.
  2. Not being able to buy houses/businesses since the minimum levels on those are 5-10.
  3. No levels means no upgrade points = they'll have little to no health/strength.
Being a full-time civilian is now possible, for whoever is interested.
I didn't even think of that. You did help the civilian roleplayers out. I'm not against the rule or anything, by the way, I was just asking. I agree with it a hundred percent.

Ferdinand
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2269
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:46 pm

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Ferdinand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:13 am

Conspiracy wrote:Being a full-time civilian is now possible, for whoever is interested.
When was it not possible, people just had excuses. Unless I'm missing some new feature or something

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 6864
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Conspiracy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:27 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:Being a full-time civilian is now possible, for whoever is interested.
When was it not possible, people just had excuses. Unless I'm missing some new feature or something
Nah, it's just that people can now choose to not /levelup to 5, thus protecting themselves from robberies and scams.

Maybe I worded it wrong, "full-time civilian" isn't a proper term to describe it. ;d

Salvus
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:34 am
Ingame name: Samuele Milano
Location: United States of America

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Salvus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:21 am

Well done!

User avatar
Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 pm
Ingame name: Nathan Courtright
Location: Willowfield

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Spoonie G » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

I wouldn't class that as being a full time civilian as much as I'd class it as roleplaying an OOC'ly invulnerable to robberies and scams character.

Hopefully not many people do that.

________
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by ________ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Lance_Cross. wrote:I wouldn't class that as being a full time civilian as much as I'd class it as roleplaying an OOC'ly invulnerable to robberies and scams character.

Hopefully not many people do that.
It makes more sense and is more realistic for a civilian to not ever be robbed rather than get robbed every other day by a mask on a bmx. It messes with development.

User avatar
Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:12 pm
Ingame name: Nathan Courtright
Location: Willowfield

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Spoonie G » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:35 pm

________ wrote:
Lance_Cross. wrote:I wouldn't class that as being a full time civilian as much as I'd class it as roleplaying an OOC'ly invulnerable to robberies and scams character.

Hopefully not many people do that.
It makes more sense and is more realistic for a civilian to not ever be robbed rather than get robbed every other day by a mask on a bmx. It messes with development.
Using OOC restrictions to your IC advantage is not the way to avoid "having your development messed up". You take IC measures to prevent IC problems, not OOC measures.

Also, how can someone "mess up your development"? People can basically only help you develop a character. It's sad that you think because you get robbed you're losing out on roleplay. Everything that happens to your character helps the character be developed. You shouldn't get to pick and choose what roleplay you want to have.

________
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by ________ » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:03 pm

As Consipracy already said there's not much an advantage when you won't be able to own a house or rob others. Sometimes OOC measures have to be in place to help prevent retarded scenarios. That's why you don't see level 2s running around in stolen cop cars.
Yes, it does mess with development. No one wants to log on their civilian character to get robbed 24/7 because they were easy bait. Go rp a civilian that gets knocked out with a bat, run over with a car, and beaten mercilessly daily for a few measly dollars and tell me how it works out for you.

Windaz
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:13 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Windaz » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:27 pm

[*]Gambling is no longer protected by this rule, just like loaning. This means that there are no level requirements or money limits for gambling scams, and that anyone can scam you via gambling — including legal casinos. So, be careful who you gamble with and for how much money, because they can always run away or play unfair.
[*]Raffles (of any type) are no longer going to be protected by this rule since they're a form of gambling.[/list]
So-.. basically no more gambling or spending money on raffles?

People like me, with almost no money and are over the scamming / robbing level limit, won't be spending money on casinos anymore due to this change of rule.

Probably a lot of people that agrees with me.

Ethan_Gurakuqi
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:30 am

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Ethan_Gurakuqi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Windaz wrote:
[*]Gambling is no longer protected by this rule, just like loaning. This means that there are no level requirements or money limits for gambling scams, and that anyone can scam you via gambling — including legal casinos. So, be careful who you gamble with and for how much money, because they can always run away or play unfair.
[*]Raffles (of any type) are no longer going to be protected by this rule since they're a form of gambling.[/list]
So-.. basically no more gambling or spending money on raffles?

People like me, with almost no money and are over the scamming / robbing level limit, won't be spending money on casinos anymore due to this change of rule.

Probably a lot of people that agrees with me.

I think that was kind of what they were going for subconsciously. Maybe the whole Casino/Blackjack scene will fizzle out into the abyss where it belongs.

Mortal
The truth hurts.
The truth hurts.
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:45 pm
Ingame name: Bella Pereira

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Mortal » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:00 am

Conspiracy wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:Being a full-time civilian is now possible, for whoever is interested.
When was it not possible, people just had excuses. Unless I'm missing some new feature or something
Nah, it's just that people can now choose to not /levelup to 5, thus protecting themselves from robberies and scams.

Maybe I worded it wrong, "full-time civilian" isn't a proper term to describe it. ;d
Pretty screwed as a level 20 :(

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:43 am
Location: Exeter, England

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by Nick. » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 am

Windaz wrote:
[*]Gambling is no longer protected by this rule, just like loaning. This means that there are no level requirements or money limits for gambling scams, and that anyone can scam you via gambling — including legal casinos. So, be careful who you gamble with and for how much money, because they can always run away or play unfair.
[*]Raffles (of any type) are no longer going to be protected by this rule since they're a form of gambling.[/list]
So-.. basically no more gambling or spending money on raffles?

People like me, with almost no money and are over the scamming / robbing level limit, won't be spending money on casinos anymore due to this change of rule.

Probably a lot of people that agrees with me.
Good, car raffling is stupid anyway. This is a great update.
لا شكر على واجب

User avatar
James_Calia
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:13 am

Re: Rule Update - April 2015:

Post by James_Calia » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:22 pm

*Posted this on the Q&A thread. Figured I'd post it here to hopefully give people ideas*

Not to come off as a douche or anything. But I don't see why people are complaining so much about Raffles and Gambling in general with this new rule.

Before this whole ReVamp took place, the players ran Casino's literally like cash registers by just HANDING the players money they won (which is unrealistic) and it seems now that a rule isn't in place anymore people are freaking out over nothing when a few In-Character things can fix the issues you all are talking about.

For Raffles if you are in charge of the Raffle or you are the Casino owner, just simply take the keys of the cars away from the person Raffling them off so that they won't run away with them. And once whoever wins... just give them to them so they can start the car, etc. And if they aren't willing to roleplay that kind of shit and just PG starting the car and run off with them... report the fuck out of them. It's simple.

For Casinos all you need to do really is start using Chips Ic'ly instead. Which is quite frankly how a CASINO should be ran to begin with. Find a way to incorporate Chips into your payroll (or just pay flat rates to your dealers) and the actual gambling itself so that it will not only be more realistic but it will cause people to "cash-out" before leaving, which makes it easier to manage and less of a risk. Also make the chips Casino exclusive so they can't cash them anywhere else (should be a no brainer). Exactly how you can do this can be incorporated many ways. You just have to know how to properly execute it.

One Idea I came up with was to hook up a little IC communication between the dealers and a Clerk. Before gambling the player goes to a counter man'd by a "Clerk" and gets his money's worth (however much he wants to bet) in Chips. If the player wins a hand the dealer can Radio-In to the clerk that the player is cleared for his chips and that he/she has won X amount of money and the clerk can there-in cash in his chips for him and give him his money he won; which she/he would obviously know the win is legit due to chips being stamped by the casinos own label, but this needs to be done to prevent PG seeing as you can't really see the chips In-Game, thus having the need for some sort of "clarification" by the dealer via Radio to allow the clerk to know the win is legit. It's more or less an In-Character clarification that helps the RP OOC'ly. This takes the pressure off of the Casino owners to find 3-5 dealers they can trust and reduces that to finding just one Clerk they can trust that won't screw them over.

Hope you guys can at least understand where i'm coming from. I'm sure there are other things that can be done to insure more security in such things, you guys just have to be a little more creative and figure out how to do it IC'ly. I also have noticed that the Scripters have been working on a new Poker system using sprites from the main game. Once this is out it SHOULD also help everyones concerns with casinos; at least a bit. If they still are adamant about releasing it and/or still working on it isn't clear to me. Hell, maybe the scripters could come up with a script-side Chip system (Maybe someone should suggest it?).

Poker System:
viewtopic.php?f=283&t=372459

Locked

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users