Q&A: Account Rules

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Feng Li
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Feng Li » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Odd situation. Is charging someone real money for access to a weapons connect in game allowed? What I am talking about is after the period of roleplaying together and building trust, is it allowed for the weapons supplier to just message you on skype "I'll only go forward with selling you weapons if you give me $20 on paypal". Just to clarify, they are asking for real money to give access to buying weapons, not real money for the weapons themselves. Everything has been roleplayed to get to know each other IC, but at the last minute they say if you don't give them the $20 they're just going to not sell to you IC.

Kendrick_Ross
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Kendrick_Ross » Tue May 31, 2016 2:31 pm

No it wouldn't be allowed as it still counts as MG even if he didn't ask for cash. He's needing OOC assets for IC situations to happen.

Feng Li
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Feng Li » Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm

Kendrick_Ross wrote:No it wouldn't be allowed as it still counts as MG even if he didn't ask for cash. He's needing OOC assets for IC situations to happen.
Well actually he's refusing to move forward IC for OOC money. You can't force someone to log on and do something can you? Unless it's an arrest or robbery they /q'ed from.

William.
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:30 pm
Ingame name: Joseph Deyes

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by William. » Tue May 31, 2016 8:26 pm

How long can I go in-active for without getting my account deleted or vehicles removed?? Or what do I lose from being in-active beside houses
Last edited by William. on Tue May 31, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kendrick_Ross
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Kendrick_Ross » Tue May 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Feng Li wrote:
Kendrick_Ross wrote:No it wouldn't be allowed as it still counts as MG even if he didn't ask for cash. He's needing OOC assets for IC situations to happen.
Well actually he's refusing to move forward IC for OOC money. You can't force someone to log on and do something can you? Unless it's an arrest or robbery they /q'ed from.

That is correct, they can't force you to pay OOC or the IC stuff wont go forward.

Feng Li
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Feng Li » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:36 am

The rule doesn't specify situations like this. It only talks about physical goods and applications.

What someone knew a really good roleplayer on skype and wanted them to play LSRP but they quit. This person has a lot of money in real life so they offer the guy that quit some money every week if they keep playing and roleplay with them.

Can someone get banned for that too? Because it's the same thing and I don't see how someone would be banned just because they got paid to play LSRP.

User avatar
Lil'Moskau
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 587
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm
Ingame name: Alex
Location: Istanbul-Turkey

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Lil'Moskau » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:05 pm

William. wrote:How long can I go in-active for without getting my account deleted or vehicles removed?? Or what do I lose from being in-active beside houses
I haven't used my account for a year and nothing happened to be honest, so I would say nothing would go except your house.

Kendrick_Ross
Mafia
Mafia
Posts: 744
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Kendrick_Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:52 pm

Feng Li wrote:The rule doesn't specify situations like this. It only talks about physical goods and applications.

What someone knew a really good roleplayer on skype and wanted them to play LSRP but they quit. This person has a lot of money in real life so they offer the guy that quit some money every week if they keep playing and roleplay with them.

Can someone get banned for that too? Because it's the same thing and I don't see how someone would be banned just because they got paid to play LSRP.
In no way the same thing, that's asking them to play whereas this person wants them to pay or RP won't happen - OOC blackmail for IC things.

User avatar
Socrates
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 4931
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 9:43 am

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Socrates » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:36 am

Lil'Moskau wrote:
William. wrote:How long can I go in-active for without getting my account deleted or vehicles removed?? Or what do I lose from being in-active beside houses
I haven't used my account for a year and nothing happened to be honest, so I would say nothing would go except your house.
Only your proprietes are taken after two weeks. But your money and cars remain for ever

<mikethemike> stick to people you trust

Feng Li
Civilian
Civilian
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Feng Li » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:38 pm

Kendrick_Ross wrote:
Feng Li wrote:The rule doesn't specify situations like this. It only talks about physical goods and applications.

What someone knew a really good roleplayer on skype and wanted them to play LSRP but they quit. This person has a lot of money in real life so they offer the guy that quit some money every week if they keep playing and roleplay with them.

Can someone get banned for that too? Because it's the same thing and I don't see how someone would be banned just because they got paid to play LSRP.
In no way the same thing, that's asking them to play whereas this person wants them to pay or RP won't happen - OOC blackmail for IC things.
Ok then let's say the people who have tried this aren't completely stupid and they act more subtle about it. They say something on skype asking for some money as a totally unrelated favor.

Weapon supplier: Could I get $20 pp please? There's a steam game I'm really interested in.
You: No sorry.


Then the next day you call in game:

You: So can I make an order?
Weapon supplier: Oh nah sorry man, I think the cops are investigating me so I'm laying low.


And you can be sure they low-key just asked you to give them $20 or they're not going to help you. I am being very serious, weapon suppliers have so much power now they can do this and get away with it because guns are locked down so much these days.

How do you stop it?

thebid
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by thebid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:26 am

As a regular player who isn't in PD, is there any rule against writing peoples recruitment exams for real money, providing the entirety of it is done OOC?

I'm asking because some other servers have copied LSRP's PD materials and when I offer this service to people I have no way to tell if they're using it for X roleplay or LSRP.

And technically writing words to someone on skype for paypal money doesn't seem like I'm mixing any IC goods. Seems like the only person breaking the rules is the buyer.

Tomsc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 pm
Ingame name: He who controls the pants

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Tomsc » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Of course it is not allowed, whenever it is found out then both of you will be banned from the server.
Trading any sort of material, goods or applications (server ones or whatever faction ones) for real money is strictly forbidden.
ImageImage

User avatar
F0r3v3r
LS-RP Tester
LS-RP Tester
Posts: 3481
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:49 am
Ingame name: Bruno Illescas
Location: Estonia.
Contact:

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by F0r3v3r » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:29 pm

Well, some really smart drug dealers do deals with 50% IC and 50% OOC money. They then make sure, that they'll get OOC money, but wont be bothered by administrators, because they have the simple excuse ,,He's a good friend and he gets the guns for low."
Simply, paying OOC money for IC stuff is forbbiden and very unrealistic. If you want to be a person, that follows the rules, you should not do that. Administrators will anyway somehow find it out that you did buy that and that OOCly and you will be punished. I've not been punished for OOC selling stuff or anything, but I'd like to say, that doing t is not the best option. The best thing is just to find yourself money IC and buy all the guns and drugs for IC. Gun dealers, ofcourse have power. If you see a gun dealer, that pretty much asks in real life before the gun trade... Well, if they ask money, you can give it to them, but this is not really good thng to do, as I have mentioned. Gun dealers usually lay low at the times when they're being hunted down by PD, you can not say bad things about them, when they need a break...
Gucci on my feet is what I step in.

Locked

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users