Q&A: Account Rules

Find all current community related rules here. This includes all ingame, UCP, forum, teamspeak and IRC rules and is updated frequently. Ensure you are always up to date with rules.

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Earling
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:23 am

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Earling » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:35 pm

Tomsc wrote:Nope, that is not allowed as well. Those are to be done by those who apply for the said position.
What I mean is if it's all done 100% IC. I understand it breaks an IC rule of the PD/SD guidelines but it doesn't break any OOC rule right?

User avatar
Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 7017
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Garrity » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Earling wrote:
Tomsc wrote:Nope, that is not allowed as well. Those are to be done by those who apply for the said position.
What I mean is if it's all done 100% IC. I understand it breaks an IC rule of the PD/SD guidelines but it doesn't break any OOC rule right?
Forum ban evader, banned. No need to reply to the question.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Sed
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:40 pm
Ingame name: Alan_Fabbro
Location: North America

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Sed » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:49 pm

Earling wrote:
Tomsc wrote:Nope, that is not allowed as well. Those are to be done by those who apply for the said position.
What I mean is if it's all done 100% IC. I understand it breaks an IC rule of the PD/SD guidelines but it doesn't break any OOC rule right?
I'm speachless.
Spectacular idea. I'm asking, is it allowed if it roleplayed 100%?
ego abscondamus tendiculas

Tomsc
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 pm
Ingame name: He who controls the pants

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Tomsc » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:10 pm

No it is not allowed. When the appropriate faction finds it out (PD, SD, DOC, FD, GOV etc.) they'll most likely OOC ban you from the faction. Don't do it.
ImageImage

Sed
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 811
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:40 pm
Ingame name: Alan_Fabbro
Location: North America

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Sed » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:48 pm

Tomsc wrote:No it is not allowed. When the appropriate faction finds it out (PD, SD, DOC, FD, GOV etc.) they'll most likely OOC ban you from the faction. Don't do it.
Will that be the only punishment? What actual rule is broken there? Will you be faced with server kick/jail/ban?

There are a small sect of people in LS-RP who will never be able to rejoin PD, so theoretically if it's only a faction ban then they have nothing to lose making shit tons of $$$ off of lazy applicants.
ego abscondamus tendiculas

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 1:59 am
Location: norff cack

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Balkan Beast » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:31 pm

Sed wrote:
Tomsc wrote:No it is not allowed. When the appropriate faction finds it out (PD, SD, DOC, FD, GOV etc.) they'll most likely OOC ban you from the faction. Don't do it.
Will that be the only punishment? What actual rule is broken there? Will you be faced with server kick/jail/ban?

There are a small sect of people in LS-RP who will never be able to rejoin PD, so theoretically if it's only a faction ban then they have nothing to lose making shit tons of $$$ off of lazy applicants.
Usually it is listed as metagame but that shouldn't be the case for the application... :roll: The application itself is not in a controlled environment. It is done at your leisure at home. Any testing that is done in a controlled environment at least in most factions is addressed with an OOC notice about cheating being impossible IC. The only thing that is sketchy about it is that the application has an OOC section as well that would need to be filled out. And that is where it would drift into metagame IMO.
Image
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

User avatar
Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 7017
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Garrity » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:38 pm

There's no ifs or buts about it, you can try and play the "it's all IC" for cheating/doing other people's applications but legal factions with these application processes will always be allowed to OOC'ly ban you. You can try and justify it but this allowance is there to make sure that legal roleplay is to a higher standard and to make sure every sub-par John, Dick and Harry gets in and creates trouble and do unfavourable things.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 1:59 am
Location: norff cack

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Balkan Beast » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:48 pm

A faction can OOCly ban you for anything.
The server is different.
Image
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

toodl
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by toodl » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:31 am

Who gets banned when paying for an entrance application? I'm specifically taking about the writer. Can they be banned?

I'm asking because I heard selling money isn't allowed because it's property of Foco. But the application exam is just text. I'm not sure it sounds like something that would not be handled with an in game ban since the writer has operated 100% outside of LSRP and not personally effected it.

User avatar
Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 4474
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 pm
Ingame name: Aviel
Location: Israel

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Hater. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:55 pm

toodl wrote:Who gets banned when paying for an entrance application? I'm specifically taking about the writer. Can they be banned?

I'm asking because I heard selling money isn't allowed because it's property of Foco. But the application exam is just text. I'm not sure it sounds like something that would not be handled with an in game ban since the writer has operated 100% outside of LSRP and not personally effected it.
Writting an application to someone else is not allowed. You're basically allowing players who cant even write in english to join the server and mostly troll around because they can't RP. They're bound to get banned.

User avatar
Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 7017
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Garrity » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:15 pm

toodl wrote:Who gets banned when paying for an entrance application? I'm specifically taking about the writer. Can they be banned?

I'm asking because I heard selling money isn't allowed because it's property of Foco. But the application exam is just text. I'm not sure it sounds like something that would not be handled with an in game ban since the writer has operated 100% outside of LSRP and not personally effected it.
There's no way around it or any fundamental technicalities. You, the person who wants to play on the server, reads the rules and writes the application by his/her self.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

toodl
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by toodl » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:45 am

But the actual writer, can they be banned in game for this?

It just feels kind of weird because in theory someone who doesn't even play LSRP could write applications for people (for money or something likely). But they couldn't be banned, because how do you ban someone who doesn't even play?

That's why it feels weird because it's more of an off-site issue in regards to the writer. Why should someone who plays LSRP be punished when at the same time someone who doesn't play LSRP can do this without a punishment.

Also the fact it's a UCP thing/A rule rather than an IG rule. It's like banning someone from IRC for breaking a TS rule.

User avatar
Hater.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Posts: 4474
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:56 pm
Ingame name: Aviel
Location: Israel

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Hater. » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:05 pm

toodl wrote:But the actual writer, can they be banned in game for this?

It just feels kind of weird because in theory someone who doesn't even play LSRP could write applications for people (for money or something likely). But they couldn't be banned, because how do you ban someone who doesn't even play?

That's why it feels weird because it's more of an off-site issue in regards to the writer. Why should someone who plays LSRP be punished when at the same time someone who doesn't play LSRP can do this without a punishment.

Also the fact it's a UCP thing/A rule rather than an IG rule. It's like banning someone from IRC for breaking a TS rule.
First off people who do not play here cannot be punished simply because they dont play here.
I dont see what are you trying to achive here, people who can't write their own application aren't belong here and will just ruin the game for others because they obviously can't RP and dont know the rules.

User avatar
Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine
Posts: 7017
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:32 am
Location: Ireland

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Garrity » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 pm

toodl wrote:But the actual writer, can they be banned in game for this?

It just feels kind of weird because in theory someone who doesn't even play LSRP could write applications for people (for money or something likely). But they couldn't be banned, because how do you ban someone who doesn't even play?

That's why it feels weird because it's more of an off-site issue in regards to the writer. Why should someone who plays LSRP be punished when at the same time someone who doesn't play LSRP can do this without a punishment.

Also the fact it's a UCP thing/A rule rather than an IG rule. It's like banning someone from IRC for breaking a TS rule.
Stop trying to rationalize it and make sense of it, it's not allowed full stop. If you post about this again you'll be warned.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

User avatar
Zupps
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 2216
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:50 am
Ingame name: You already know
Contact:

Re: Q&A: Account Rules

Post by Zupps » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:05 am

So I'm moving soon, and of course my ip will change. What happens if I get a banned IP for some odd reason?

Locked

Return to “Rules & Rule Updates”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Artomes4, ubi. |