Q&A: In-game Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Q&A: In-game Rules

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:03 am

Use this thread to post any questions, comments, suggestions or ideas about the In-game Rules.

Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Nathan Courtright

Re: Q&A: In-game Rules

Post by Spoonie G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:01 pm

Not sure what's up with dismemberment needing OOC permission. This is just severely limiting people's roleplay and is giving people that don't wish to lose a situation a way to weasel out of roleplay by claiming they're disgusted by it.

In my opinion, the entire "no disgusting roleplay" rule should just be abolished. Cases of trolling through doing things like peeing on people etc, should just be handled as trolling, not disgusting RP.
I'd like to give my dog to Uncle Sam
You see, sir, I'm a blind boy, yes I am
I'd like to do my part, to show what's in my heart
And help my country win, this war that we are in

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:05 pm

Lance_Cross. wrote:Not sure what's up with dismemberment needing OOC permission. This is just severely limiting people's roleplay and is giving people that don't wish to lose a situation a way to weasel out of roleplay by claiming they're disgusted by it.

In my opinion, the entire "no disgusting roleplay" rule should just be abolished. Cases of trolling through doing things like peeing on people etc, should just be handled as trolling, not disgusting RP.
The addition of dismemberment is not something you should be shocked of. Like it's said in the global announcement, it was never actually allowed, we just forgot to include it in the list up to this point.

Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Spoonie G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:08 pm

Conspiracy wrote:
Lance_Cross. wrote:Not sure what's up with dismemberment needing OOC permission. This is just severely limiting people's roleplay and is giving people that don't wish to lose a situation a way to weasel out of roleplay by claiming they're disgusted by it.

The addition of dismemberment is not something you should be shocked of. Like it's said in the global announcement, it was never actually allowed, we just forgot to include it in the list up to this point.
Well, okay then.

It's still a rule I very much oppose to. Everyone should be free to roleplay whatever they want if it won't bring deathmatching, trolling or any rule breaking into the table, these rules do nothing but limit roleplay and make the server seem in my opinion, too immature to handle the fact that these things happen in real life and sometimes people don't have any control over it, like they shouldn't in this server, no one should have any OOC control over someone else's roleplay.

Sinbues
Northshire Bopper
Northshire Bopper

Post by Sinbues » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:11 pm

There's no rules against being OOC, so are you guys going to bring back the "Roleplay at all times"?
Coonan Mob

Michael_Rowland
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Michael_Rowland » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:12 pm

I also agree that the OOC permission rule should just be removed. I don't understand it, very very few are actually disgusted by this.
Ey, CJ.... Tell me why I didn't finish high school.
Because you were dealing drugs at the age of 10!
No.
Because you beat that teacher for wearing Ballas colors!

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 pm

Sinbues wrote:There's no rules against being OOC, so are you guys going to bring back the "Roleplay at all times"?
>
Collins wrote:3. Roleplay at all times
Everything that was stated in this rule is pretty much going to stay in effect/existence, but under other rules. No actual additions or changes have been made — in practice, everything is still the same.
Last edited by Conspiracy on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.:Zeus:.
The Gawd
The Gawd

Post by .:Zeus:. » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:13 pm

So if I am looking for a interior designers and I have t loan them my house? Can they scam me and keep the house now?
Its 2019 and #YouStillKantJerrickMe :twisted: I'm bakkk
Free2 Pistol Yeezy
FreeRedrum!
FreeDeonte
FreeHatboy

Sinbues
Northshire Bopper
Northshire Bopper

Post by Sinbues » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:14 pm

Conspiracy wrote:
Sinbues wrote:There's no rules against being OOC, so are you guys going to bring back the "Roleplay at all times"?
>
Collins wrote:Everything that was stated in this rule is pretty much going to stay in effect/existence, but under other rules. No actual additions or changes have been made — in practice, everything is still the same.
You might need to add it to the rules then, because it is not listed.
Coonan Mob

Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Spoonie G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:15 pm

Edit: Guess not.
Last edited by Spoonie G on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conspiracy
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Conspiracy » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:16 pm

.:Zeus:. wrote:So if I am looking for a interior designers and I have t loan them my house? Can they scam me and keep the house now?
Loan your money/houses/vehicles/businesses to other people at own risk.

BinaryRun
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by BinaryRun » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:18 pm

I'm personally waiting until Conspiracy is able to make a topic for each rule again. This makes it a lot easier for new members to read, as well as more efficient to quote in situations such as forum reports.
Conspiracy wrote:
.:Zeus:. wrote:So if I am looking for a interior designers and I have t loan them my house? Can they scam me and keep the house now?
I wouldn't call that loaning though, it's a scam system and scamming on houses was never allowed. Regardless, you can always use /grandbuild to be safe.
Last edited by BinaryRun on Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live a little!

Spoonie G
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Spoonie G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Conspiracy wrote:
Doesn't this do nothing but limit roleplay, again? I'm beginning to dislike this rule update already. It seems like it's done nothing but make the rules prettier to the eye and limit people's roleplay a bit more.

It's going to be incredibly hard for anyone to roleplay a designer now. No one's gonna trust people.

Bluebottle
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Ezio_Fonzarelli

Post by Bluebottle » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:19 pm

My character has been dismembered. I think. I'm not entirely sure. I was roleplaying with some foreign guy and he took a knife to my finger. When I asked if he had cut it off completely or if he had just cut a wound in it, he said, and I do quote: "yes i cutted". I mean if that's not clarification, I don't know what is.

add me on skype if you want i guess? it's bluebottles.

period included

Sinbues
Northshire Bopper
Northshire Bopper

Post by Sinbues » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Lance_Cross. wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:
Doesn't this do nothing but limit roleplay, again? I'm beginning to dislike this rule update already. It seems like it's done nothing but make the rules prettier to the eye and limit people's roleplay a bit more.
The guy above didn't literally mean loan the house to the guy, he meant that he temporarily gives the person said house so that he can do the actual script-function of furniture etc.
Coonan Mob

Return to “Rules & Rules Updates - Archive”