Q&A: In-game Rules

Moderators: Lead Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Q&A: In-game Rules

Post by Nick. » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:13 am

Paperclip wrote:Is it fair that Law Enforcement and LSFD and DoC factions can simply deny people just because they have a previous ban/a-jails? Other factions don't have that so it doesn't seem fair that I can't roleplay as a Police Officer or a Correctional Officer just because I have had a ban or a serious a-jail in the past? Like, past is the past and it's not the future? I just don't like this concept and I think it's metagaming in a way? Anyone else agrees on this?
If you join a regular street gang faction on LS-RP, you don't have access to as many (potentially damaging) commands and features and you don't have as much of an effect on the server as if you were in DOC/FD/PD/SD. Those factions have access to commands which could easily be abused and also generally have a large effect on the mentality and current situation on the server. People who have lots of bans and ajails are likely to abuse the features given to the factions and so they have to be safe and ensure this doesn't happen, which is why they might deny you. Basically, these factions have a responsibility to keep the server safe from abuse of faction commands and previous admin actions are indicators that you may well abuse your status as a faction member and therefore not only put the respective faction in peril, but also the server in general.
لا شكر على واجب

Paperclip
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Tommie_Kavanagh

Post by Paperclip » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 am

Nick. wrote:
Paperclip wrote:Is it fair that Law Enforcement and LSFD and DoC factions can simply deny people just because they have a previous ban/a-jails? Other factions don't have that so it doesn't seem fair that I can't roleplay as a Police Officer or a Correctional Officer just because I have had a ban or a serious a-jail in the past? Like, past is the past and it's not the future? I just don't like this concept and I think it's metagaming in a way? Anyone else agrees on this?
If you join a regular street gang faction on LS-RP, you don't have access to as many (potentially damaging) commands and features and you don't have as much of an effect on the server as if you were in DOC/FD/PD/SD. Those factions have access to commands which could easily be abused and also generally have a large effect on the mentality and current situation on the server. People who have lots of bans and ajails are likely to abuse the features given to the factions and so they have to be safe and ensure this doesn't happen, which is why they might deny you. Basically, these factions have a responsibility to keep the server safe from abuse of faction commands and previous admin actions are indicators that you may well abuse your status as a faction member and therefore not only put the respective faction in peril, but also the server in general.
Ye I very clearly understand that part of it but here I talk for myself, I had a bad day and I just got really upset for literally one hour of my entire LSRP life and I said some bad words towards an admin and got banned after /q'ing because I couldn't take it anymore and I know I had to relax - I got banned for this reason even though I didn't have any previous a-jails or bans that would make me seem (unfit or a rulebreaker) but that one hour made me get banned which now means It will take at least a month if not more to get my record clear to a certain extent to actually get even looked at when applying to any of the 4 legal factions that do look at your admin record. I know I'm well able to play within any faction and that 1 hour has now pretty much banned me from any type of proper legal roleplay so I'm gonna bummed because of it. I wish it was looked at more case by case instead of looking at your admin record and be like 'Ye' I see a ban in the last month, nope you aren't allowed to roleplay'. I know there's nothing I can change but I really wish it was taken in by case to case scenarios instead of the ruling they have now.

Damian
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Damian » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 am

Topic is completely unproductive and a grave sign of the rules where it's treated as a court house of interpretaiton by the players rather than what it should be- common sense. Locking this.
Damian Calhoun
Manager
Head of Staff
Head of Boards
Head of Development
SA:MP BetaTester '06
Tester Information:
Information About Applying.
Head of Mapping.
Contact Information
IRC.
PM me!