Puzzle Pirates

Elves, witches, warlocks, androids, and furfags! Unite!

Moderators: Game Admins, Senior Lead Admins

Angrenost
Mafia
Mafia

Puzzle Pirates

Post by Angrenost » Tue May 03, 2011 5:56 am

http://www.puzzlepirates.com/

Alright, before you criticize its name, I suggest you really take a look at this game.

I used to play it a few years back, and I have to say it's the best MMO I've ever played (granted, I've played a LOT of unknown and known MMO's). It's basically a mixture between a sim, an RPG, and a puzzle game. You start out by choosing your ocean (server) and customizing your character. And of course, you start out in lowly rags with nothing but a foil. From there you start out on any random island (which are all player-governed, with player-run shops, stalls, and businesses) and are able to walk around and visit the various businesses. The whole "puzzle" idea is really just a minuscule part of the game, and is used for fighting and activities. You're able to join, or create, a crew, buy ships of all kinds, buy and sell businesses, own a number of different pets (from dogs to elephants, to monkeys that sit on your shoulder), and even buy yourself a house (ranging from a shack to a multi-room mansion). After years and years of playing I eventually led a crew as a Captain, bought a mansion, and bought myself nine different ships (even a Grand Frigate), all of which I still own. Unfortunately I never did conquer an island (considering you'd need about seventy ships to do so), but I did have a chance to war with many different crews and even establish my own flag and become a King.

As for the puzzles, whenever you go to do an activity, such as swordfighting, drinking, sailing, or anything of the sort, you do it through a puzzle, which, in my opinion, is a lot more fun than watching your character simply slash away turn-by-turn, or even mashing your keyboard hotkeys at rapid fire. And it does involve high-stakes Poker at the taverns.

It's a very extensive game that has really gone under the radar and been so underappreciated. Although I haven't played in a while, I suggest to anyone who favors a good overall game that doesn't keep you sitting at your computer all day and isn't graphically demanding (neither ugly), try it.

If I become a bit more motivated to play again, I probably will, seeing as I don't wanna leave all of my items behind. And for those of you not interested in paying your actual money for a subscription, go with a Doubloon ocean so that you can earn your way through hard work. There isn't that large of a roleplaying community, but it's certainly possible to do so within your own crew, which is what I used to do. And the game certainly gives you the support to roleplay.

Gustav
Gangster
Gangster

Re: Puzzle Pirates

Post by Gustav » Wed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Dude.. ''Puzzle'' Pirates? It's looks like a 5 year old childish game....

Angrenost
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Angrenost » Wed May 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Gustav wrote:Dude.. ''Puzzle'' Pirates? It's looks like a 5 year old childish game....

And what game doesn't? And how are puzzles childish? Last I checked, most people don't play games to get the most mature experience out of it. Had you actually tried the game, you'd realize it's insanely in-depth and worthwhile. I'm assuming you didn't even bother to read my post which explained how puzzles are barely a factor in the gameplay. If you play MMO's simply for blood, gore, and senseless fighting, don't bother posting on this thread.

Figgy
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Figgy » Tue May 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Great game. Recommend it highly. Sure it's quite simple on the surface, but when you get into blockades, tactics, alliances, filling ships up for blockades, defending, running pillages, it gets complex and is very very interesting. I normally play it ever now and then for a few weeks.

<3 Drinking :D
Click for my stats on Hunter.

Chaddie^
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Perkele

Post by Chaddie^ » Tue May 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Used to play.. but.. not for 10+ :D
DEPUTY SHERIFF II RONALD STRAUSS #66
fuck the criminals, yo

Angrenost
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Angrenost » Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 pm

I don't see why people consider it a child's game. It's probably the most inventive, complex, and creative MMO's. Not to mention a lot of people I've played with seem to be pretty mature. You're more likely to find kids playing games that don't seem childish, like Rift and WoW, because they usually don't get to, and because their childish inhibitions of slash-and-kill makes them.

Francis
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Francis_Henriet

Post by Francis » Fri May 27, 2011 1:21 am

I remember playing this in 2005 (???) on Miniclip, didn't ever like it to be honest 8)
Ex-3rd Party Web Dev - Left LSRP 12/01/12

Sergeant Francis "Muscles" Henriet

Jakey
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Tommy The Tank

Post by Jakey » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:14 am

Puzzle pirates <3!
Happy Holidays

Silence.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Parrot

Post by Silence. » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 am

Great game used to love playing it, had ultimate gunning and bilging was alot of fun too. But the best memories i had from this game was when i used to just sit down and whoop everyone at poker, lol that used to be fun and made me quite abit of poe.
Quit due to being banned, untainted myself 3 times but then left D:
I, Raoul Garcia [Silence.], will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fufill the groups purpose!

Insertnamehere
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Quinton_Davis

Post by Insertnamehere » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Lol i found this game on miniclip for the first time, i only played for a few mins. Went to a pub, challenged a few people and left after losing haha.

Silence.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Parrot

Post by Silence. » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Insertnamehere wrote:Lol i found this game on miniclip for the first time, i only played for a few mins. Went to a pub, challenged a few people and left after losing haha.

Yeah, back in the old days it was much better, because they were actual people that played, now-a-days most people use hacks or bots, especially in high staked poker games.
I, Raoul Garcia [Silence.], will join the probation group in order to serve my debt to Los Santos Role Play. I choose to follow the rules inside of the group as followed. I am fully aware that the tasks involved can change and or even expand as the leads see fit. I will agree to a ban if I can not fufill the groups purpose!

Psychedelic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: NA

Post by Psychedelic » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Anyone still into this?
I may start playing again.

And to those who say it's childish, I can honestly say I have never met anyone on this game who claims to be under 15 and I have even met people who are married with children. I know, they probably lie. But the point is, the types of 'puzzles' or mini games they have on here are actually really clever as well as being mathematically and intuitively challenging for the brain.

Angrenost
Mafia
Mafia

Post by Angrenost » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 am

I've actually been thinking of playing again, since I've got a lot of shit and I don't really have time for other games with classes and all. I'd love to play me some Puzzle Pirates to pass the time in boring lectures.

Psychedelic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: NA

Post by Psychedelic » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:22 am

What ocean are you playing on Angrenost? And what's your pirate's name?
I've started playing again because of this and the puzzles are way harder than I remember... I guess I'll just have to practice 8)

Zake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Zake » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:40 pm

My cousin used to play this. He was like a fucking non-lifer, but meh, I don't know shit about the game, lol.

Return to “MMORPG”