[Suggestions] The San Andreas Penal Code

Moderator: Senior Lead Admins

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [Suggestions] The San Andreas Penal Code

Post by Balkan Beast » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:38 am

[PC CHANGE] [Unlawful Sex with a minor]

What should be changed: Change the name to Statutory Rape.

Why: It's shorter and is the technical term.
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

xJOELx
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Vivienne Forte

Post by xJOELx » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:53 pm

[PC ADD] [Driving a motor vehicle deemed unroadworthy

What should be changed: There should be a law criminalizing the act of driving a motor vehicle whilst the car is in a dangerous state

Why: There is currently no law banning the use of cars with popped tires or driving a car in dark conditions without the use of headlights. This is both dangerous to the driver and other car users.

Mousie
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Megan Hill

Post by Mousie » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:03 pm

[PC ADD] [Insulting a Peace Officer]

What should be changed: Should be added as a fine (Infraction) maybe $1000 or $500? (Can't be stacked, unless repeated after the first fine is given).

Why: Not sure about USA with their amendments & complete freedom of speech (exception of direct threats etc), but in my country you can get a fine for insulting a police officer, and it happens just as often here in LSRP. It would be nice to have a IC punishment that you can give to people as it happens literally in around 80 percent of all scenarios you are involved in as a cop, because they know we can do nothing about it, hence making it a small fine but yet a burden if given.
Image Megan Hill - Captain #071

» San Andreas Sheriff's Department - Command Staff
» Patrol Services Division - Division Supervisor
» Awards & Commendations
» Report a SASD Deputy
» My LSRP Media!

AileenW
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Aileen Dawson

Post by AileenW » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 am

Mousie wrote:

What should be changed: Should be added as a fine (Infraction) maybe $1000 or $500? (Can't be stacked, unless repeated after the first fine is given).

Why: Not sure about USA with their amendments & complete freedom of speech (exception of direct threats etc), but in my country you can get a fine for insulting a police officer, and it happens just as often here in LSRP. It would be nice to have a IC punishment that you can give to people as it happens literally in around 80 percent of all scenarios you are involved in as a cop, because they know we can do nothing about it, hence making it a small fine but yet a burden if given.
I don't think it should be restricted to just police officers, it should be something like "job shaming" not sure exactly how it called but when someone insult or shame other for their job in public during their duties, that person should get a fine.
Of course, you need an evidence and all of that, but I think this law shouldn't protect only police officers but everyone.

Nick.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Nick. » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:05 pm

AileenW wrote:
Mousie wrote:

I don't think it should be restricted to just police officers, it should be something like "job shaming" not sure exactly how it called but when someone insult or shame other for their job in public during their duties, that person should get a fine.
Of course, you need an evidence and all of that, but I think this law shouldn't protect only police officers but everyone.
Violates the 1st amendment. No way this would make sense at all. This is ridiculous for the USA and would also be incredibly unfair since I can pretty much guarantee that "I don't like you, you idiot" would probably be classed as insulting a peace officer.
لا شكر على واجب

Balkan Beast
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Balkan Beast » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Please also do not reply / debate with suggestions as this thread is simply to gather ideas, not debate them. Spam, debates and other things will be deleted from this topic. This is purely an ideas area.
Esco, iGrimey, and Paps are gay.
Stephanie is honorary gay.
Odems and Oliver are infa gay.

Timme
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Timme » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 am

[PC CHANGE] [(2)09. Grand Theft Auto]

What should be changed:
If said stolen property was destroyed or otherwise rendered unusable, time will be no less than 5.5 hours and no more than 6.5 hours imprisonment.

Why: This extra paragraph is pretty open written and leaves to much space for the Officer/Deputy to make a decision on his own. It does not say if the engine has to not work, or if it only needs to smoke. In my mind this paragraph should be removed since people destroying stolen vehicles all ready gets Ajailed. It's way to much extra time for only ending a pursuit with a smoking engine. Sadly there is a few Officer's/Deputy's abusing this extra chance to give longer prison time. By removing this, removes the chance for abuse and wrongful extra prison time.

Kane
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Kane » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:32 am

Adding:
  • 1. Negligent homicide
    2. Murder in the first degree
    3. Murder in the second degree
    4. Voluntary manslaughter
    5. Involuntary manslaughter
    6. Vehicular manslaughter
Definitions:
  • 1.1 Negligent homicide:
    • Negligent homicide is a criminal charge brought against people who, through criminal negligence, allow others to die.

Negligent homicide is a lesser included offense to first and second degree murder, in the sense that someone guilty of this offense can expect a more lenient sentence, often with imprisonment time comparable to manslaughter. U.S. states all define negligent homicide by statute. In some, the offense includes the killing of another while driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
    1.2 Murder in the first degree:
    • First-degree murder is any intentional murder that is willful and premeditated with malice aforethought.
    1.3 Murder in the second degree:
    • Second-degree murder is an intentional murder with malice aforethought, but is not premeditated or planned in advance.
    1.4 Voluntary manslaughter:
    • Voluntary manslaughter (also referred to as third-degree murder), sometimes called a crime of passion murder, is any intentional killing that involved no prior intent to kill, and which was committed under such circumstances that would "cause a reasonable person to become emotionally or mentally disturbed". Both this and second-degree murder are committed on the spot, but the two differ in the magnitude of the circumstances surrounding the crime. For example, a bar fight that results in death would ordinarily constitute second-degree murder. If that same bar fight stemmed from a discovery of infidelity, however, it may be mitigated to voluntary manslaughter.
    1.5 Involuntary manslaughter:
    • Involuntary manslaughter stems from a lack of intention to cause death but involving an intentional, or negligent, act leading to death. A drunk driving-related death is typically involuntary manslaughter (see also vehicular homicide, causing death by dangerous driving, gross negligence manslaughter and causing death by criminal negligence for international equivalents). Note that the "unintentional" element here refers to the lack of intent to bring about the death. All three crimes above feature an intent to kill, whereas involuntary manslaughter is "unintentional", because the killer did not intend for a death to result from their intentional actions. If there is a presence of intention it relates only to the intent to cause a violent act which brings about the death, but not an intention to bring about the death itself.
    1.6 Vehicular manslaughter:
    • Vehicular homicide is a crime that, in general, involves the death of an individual other than the driver as a result of either criminally negligent or murderous operation of a vehicle. The former case and the more common conviction of unintentional vehicular homicide is known as vehicular manslaughter.
Why?

Because, why not? It's the irl law and it should be added.

Faledak
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Faledak » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:45 am

[PC ADD] [Trafficking of Persons]

What should be changed: This should be added as human trafficking has been roleplayed in the past and is a severe offence IRL that usually leads to a prison sentence.

Why: Reasons said above, people have and will roleplay it but there's no real definition for it, which may cause a "loophole".
2012-2020

FiendFyre
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Post by FiendFyre » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:42 am

[PC ADD] [Officer Discretion]

What should be changed: Allow for LEOs to drop/disregard misdemeanor charges, such as Failure to Pay a Fine and etc.

Why: I've done it myself as have others, and allowed people with charges such as when they should get one for outstanding or late paid fines, not arresting them and allowing them to go pay the fines, and disregarding other misdemeanor offenses committed.

Briglair
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Mark Harrington

Post by Briglair » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:47 pm

Sarcasmohjoy wrote:
[PC ADD] [Officer Discretion]

What should be changed: Allow for LEOs to drop/disregard misdemeanor charges, such as Failure to Pay a Fine and etc.

Why: I've done it myself as have others, and allowed people with charges such as when they should get one for outstanding or late paid fines, not arresting them and allowing them to go pay the fines, and disregarding other misdemeanor offenses committed.
I second this

Joe_D
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Joe_D » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:58 am

[PC ADD] [Vehicle Lights and Lamps]

What should be changed: Any motor vehicle shall be equipped with two operable head lamps and two operable tail lamps, one driver and one passenger side of the vehicle. Any motorcycle shall have at least one head lamp, and at least one tail lamp. Both vehicles should have all vehicle lamps in use from sunset to sunrise.

Why: Its extremely dangerous to be driving without any vehicle head light or tail lights because it makes vehicle more harder to see when traveling at night.
Last edited by Joe_D on Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Joe_D
Civilian
Civilian

Post by Joe_D » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:05 am

[PC ADD] [Officer Disrection in Regards to Smaller misdemeanors]

What should be changed: The addition of lesser misdemeanors to have higher cost citations than infractions, aside from jail time.

Why: I think we should implement a higher fine to go along with some lesser misdemeanors as an alternative for brining someone to jail. (For example, I see John Doe walking down the street with his marijuana pipe in his hand. I could take him to jail, but just with paraphernalia, I could write him a citation for maybe 10k instead of taking him to jail.) This would permit one or the other, not both. So the person would either be doing jail time, or paying a pretty nice fine for committing a crime, only for less serious misdemeanors. (Obviously including the confiscation of that paraphernalia).

((OCCly, something like this at least in the US would come as something called a "Notice to Appear." It's basically a citation that issues you a court date, and the you go into court, and the judge gives you a punishment, usually a fine, or probation with conditions...etc. Obviously our IG system doesn't work quite as real life does, so it would give officers the ability to essentially issue a citation, rather than sending someone off to jail for something not extremely serious)).

Sergeant
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Sergeant » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:30 pm

[PC CHANGE] [(4)06. False Information To A Peace Officer]

What should be changed:
As the law stands now:
(4)06. False Information To A Peace Officer ↑
Any individual who commits fake identification, false information, or knowingly offers an officer misinformation.
- Penal Code (4)06 is a misdemeanor punishable by no less than 25 minutes imprisonment and no more than 35 minutes imprisonment.
This law it currently too powerful as it is written. Just by lying to an officer you are immediately able to be arrested. This should only be able to be charged when they lie being told prevents the investigation of a felony charge.

Why:As it currently is, it is too easy to abuse. An officer can charge someone with this and arrest for simply telling an officer he ate at PizzaStack when he really ate at BurgerShot. Unless the information pertains to a felony investigation, there should be no legal ground for the officer to make an arrest.

Briglair
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Mark Harrington

Post by Briglair » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:37 pm

Sergeant wrote:
[PC CHANGE] [(4)06. False Information To A Peace Officer]
This should pertain to any lawful investigation. Not just a felony.

Return to “Laws & Acts of San Andreas Archive”