Ability to give the key of a house

Moderators: Game Admins, Tester Team, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins, Web Developers, Developers

hashtagelectro
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Madrazo Frontino

Ability to give the key of a house

Post by hashtagelectro » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello.
So, it happend pretty often to me that I would need to have the keys of multiple houses at the same time for RP purposes and I either needed to only rent one of the places or not to have the ability to enter none of them because I have a house / appartment already.
So, my suggestion is the possibility of /housedup to anyone you want, and to be a limit of 5 or non-limited amount of keys you can have from houses, this way you could RolePlay without problems at your faction's ( Official or UnOfficial Faction ) house and to have your own house too.
When the house is /sellhouse 'd, the key would automatically dissapear from you, if you had the key of that house.
Same with the appartments.

Redz
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: -

Re: Ability to give the key of a house

Post by Redz » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:21 am

Try using /setrentable and allow the person to rent that's the way it works right now.

Former LSRP Game Administrator

hashtagelectro
Mafia
Mafia

Post by hashtagelectro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Redz wrote:Try using /setrentable and allow the person to rent that's the way it works right now.
Yeah, but sometimes you just have already a house, and you could not have the money in the bank ( Savings, Money on Negative ). And being rentable all the time may cause people to just search OOCly for weapons with /check command, and, from as far as I know you can't rent more houses and have one the same time.
For as example, myself, I have negative on bank money, I have a house, and the SA-RBC Unofficial faction has a HQ, which is setted as a house Script-Wisely, If they would set it rentable, everyone could just enter it whenever they want, and I would need to either have no possibility after I relog to enter the house or to rent it every time, and this is only /ONE/ Place, when someone else could need 2-3-4, Or even more.

The system I require would be just similar to the business keys, but not with only one house.

Wahiro
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: benito mussolini

Post by Wahiro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Your buddy can set his house to rentable, let you rent there, then set it as unrentable and you'll still have the key and nobody else will be able to rent there.

hashtagelectro
Mafia
Mafia

Post by hashtagelectro » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Wahiro wrote:Your buddy can set his house to rentable, let you rent there, then set it as unrentable and you'll still have the key and nobody else will be able to rent there.
I already wrote the reason why this doesn't work.

Shinto
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: Rose Allen

Post by Shinto » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:24 am

For those who dont understand.

What he means is, there come times when people want to be able to use more than one house that's not their own.
Say, John want's to rent James' apartment, but John also want's to rent Justin's apartment, but he can't because he already is renting James' apartment. Make sense?

It'd be nice to have that. I personally think the whole house renting need's to be updated/revamped.

Much like being able to give business keys to your so called managers, you should also be able to duplicate house key's the same way, without having to rent it, save's trouble and increases the RP of families living in the same house. Especially now that the owner's of apartments/houses ect.. aren't showing up but instead the address.

So me, I'm supporting this 100%
- Born a Latvian, Grown an Irish, Understanding of an American, Ideology of an Asian -
- Basically a shitshow -
- Shinto -

Return to “House and House Items Suggestions”