[INFORMATION] This section and you **READ**

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Marcus.
Marcus.
Marcus.

[INFORMATION] This section and you **READ**

Post by Marcus. » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Questions and Technical Support what is this?
    As you may be aware this is the area to ask your questions in regards to anything that is related to computer and tech stuff. I am sure almost everyone has used this at least once during their stay on LSRP to ask for support in a way. Whether it be software technical support or hardware technical one. This section covers both aspects and shall be used to clear up any problems or misunderstandings you might have with them. Misunderstandings might not be the right term to use for this, but I assume misconception does not sound appropriated either.

This section of the forum can be used for questions in regards to anything, software, hardware and whatnot. You may not seek for help when you go into the gray zones of the law, questions like: "Hi, I've downloaded crack XYZ and it does not work!?" Will simply be ignored and locked, since we are supporting the makers of the software and cracking it does not help them nor you. Plus it is illegal and not allowed anyway (See the forum rules).

Backseat Moderating & Spam [READ]
    Backseat Moderating is not allowed like the rest of the forum, the most common is "hey, you can lock your thread by using the lock function at the bottom right corner to help the admins!". As much as we appreciate it, it's not needed nor is it allowed. Spamming is of course repeating the same thing that's been said, this includes rephrasing something that's already been said.

How to post a topic in here?
    First of all, there is no set format to post a question here. Write it freely from your heart, but this is another breakpoint in regards to being informative or not. You can always say you have a problem but without proper description and elaboration on it, we will not be able to help you appropriately.

When posting a question, be as informative as possible. Give us any detail, you might think it is not needed or useless but believe me, everything can be used to help you! As more information we can gather from you, the faster and better the response will be. A description is important, really. Saying you've got a problem with SAMP means nothing but that you have a problem. Saying that SAMP crashes upon start up or when you've just entered the game is certainly more informative and can be used to evaluate your problem better and the responses will be much better and the guesses will be left out, at least most of the time. A problem has, in 99% of the cases, a solution. It is either written somewhere or people have just developed a way around or fixed it. Simple put, your helper needs as much information as possible, always keep that in mind!

My problem was solved! What do I do now?
    Forum rules
    If your problem gets fixed or your question has been answered, please lock your own thread so it can be moved to the archive

Please use the search function before posting!

Use this button to lock your own threads, you can find it at the bottom of the thread: Image

My thread just disappeared what happened?
    It was probably just moved to the archive due to several reasons, one of them is inactivity. Just search in the archive for your thread, or use your own post history and see what it was locked for. If nothing was posted there, it was because of the inactivity. PM any tester to get your thread unlocked and moved back if it was not cleared up prior. Now something personal I'd like to address:

Recently I have noticed that many topics here are left alone for ages, not being answered anymore and completely ignored. Many of those just confuse people that intend to help and post there but no one appreciates it because the author simply does not care about it anymore or went inactive, or in rare cases was never active on the forum.

To counter those things I have decided to make this section, which I am sure everyone will like, more structured, organized and moderated. I am writing this, on behalf of all the worried probation members trying to help you guys and on behalf of everyone that intends to help another one around here but is confused by the inactive topics around here!

NOTE: Inactive threads will be archived after seven days, one entire week, without an answer from the author. The thread will be simply locked and moved to the archive.

How to keep your thread active?
    Just keep us up-to-date. Say whether an answered helped you or even solved the matter of why the thread was created in the first place, or what went wrong. Update with eventually additional information you've gathered whilst experimenting around or whatever! Just say what's up right now, after you tried what someone suggested you to do. Double posts and general posting rules are still in places though! Use the edit button if necessary, it is there for a reason.

Can I post questions in regards to the application (Process/Answers)?
    Nexus wrote:Please, do NOT make question about when your application is getting accepted, why testers haven't checked your application etc.

It will only lead to lock.

Do not ask for answers either, it'll just get you in trouble, instead browse this: Rules & Rules Updates

Posting original Grand Theft Auto San Andreas files
    Unfortunately this has recently caught my attention. More and more people are posting prohibited links to sources where you can download material made and copyrighted by Rockstar Games. It might be an .exe or simply a .dff or .txd from a mod that ruined someone's gaming experience.

In the end, as good as your intentions might have been you are NOT allowed to post such kind of links in a public forum like this. If you are doing so you are in fact breaking a law, because such files were simply not permitted by Rockstar to be uploaded for the public. They are meant to be kept in the gta3.img and nowhere else, that just concerns the original files you might want to extract from your gta3.img to help someone. You are as said NOT allowed to post them here nor anywhere else on forum.ls-rp.com

Then the cracks topic, really it should be clear but it is not, we on LSRP support the makers of the software and not those who crack the software. It should be obvious that this falls under the rule "No Sharewarez" but no I've made it clear.

Posting links to any sort of the material posted above will result in your link deleted and the topic being locked. Depending on the severity or simply the constancy of you posting some links other punishments might follow.

Index to the most common problems and solutions in regards to GTA SA:
Modifications in GTA:SA (FAQ/Help)
Solutions on how to reduce FPS lag
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — Technical Support FAQ
Common issues & solutions

Credits: Nexus, kavinsky, Xanarki, Sir Eric, McFrenzie

Useful links:
Server Commands
Official Guides
Server's Script Documentation
Server Rules
Other, Player Created Guides
Your font suddenly changed in your browser and it especially affected the way LS:RP forums look? Click me.

This thread may be updated by any tester at any time, information may be added/removed/edited.
Change log wrote:07/04/2012 -- Creation of the thread.
08/03/2012 -- Updated! Added a topic regarding the posting of original GTA files & cracks.
10/06/2014 -- Useful links added, updated ''My problem was solved! What do I do now?'' section.
08/01/2015 -- Useful links added a Solution how to fix your browser's font change (ls:rp forums)
Last edited by Pinder on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
Reason: Updated 08/01/2015

Fishscale
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Count Trapula

Re: [INFORMATION]This section and you.

Post by Fishscale » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:51 am

There's no need for you guys to post in people's topics stating they can lock their own thread. This is already taken care of by the big red text at the top of the page. Doing so will result in forum warnings being handed out for spam and backseat moderating.
I'm just tryna motivate the hoods all over
I'm just tryna teach you how to get these whips loaded
I'm just tryna show you how to get a few Rollies

Marky
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Marky » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Please remember not to spam topics with the same answer repeatedly, this is breaking a forum rule.
IF the question has been answered, don't write out the same answer again in different words, wait for the thread creator to reply before commenting.

Forum warnings have been, and will continue to be handed out.

Fergie
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: 43616c76696e2046657267757

Post by Fergie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 am

Bumping this once more. Please ensure you LOCK your topic as soon as your question has been answered. If you can remember, please add [RL&A] to your main subject line. Doing these two things will help us keep the Community Support forum clear from clutter.
ImageImage
Fergie
Former Game Admin
IRC Name: Fergie
PM Me
About Me
Mapping Showcase
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R
L
I
T
T
L
E
H
I
D
D
E
N
S
P
A
C
E
R

Adorn.
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Re: [INFORMATION] This section and you

Post by Adorn. » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:15 am

Remember that promoting the use of any pirated software isn't allowed on these forums at all. You can expect punishment for doing so; consequences differ depending on severity.

Bully
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Bully » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 pm

LS-RP wrote:5. No spamming
  • Spamming is defined as posting useless things that don't need to be posted for the purposes of raising your post count. This also includes bumping old topics even if your post is on-topic. Create a new topic about it instead of bringing up a months old topic.
    Punishments:
    • Forum Warning
Violating this rule is not only by posting one of the given examples by the original rule but also posting things which aren't really related to the question and doesn't provide any sort of assistance.
Please, before posting look over the next points and check if your post stands in the requirements.
You will
violate this rule bynot violate this rule by
  • Giving the same answer as someone's else, using different words.
    - - - -
  • Quoting someone's answer and only backing him up.
    - - - -
  • Posting irrelevant replies that don't really assist.
  • Quoting someone's answer in order to give more details or options.
    - - - -
  • Asking questions that are relevant and may assist you on coming up with an optional solution.
    - - - -
  • Quoting someone's answer in order to contradict it and give a better solution
If you're not good in some field of knowledge - do not post useless assumptions and facts.
"Try reinstalling" or "I had this issue in the past, can't remember how I solved it" can't contribute in any way.
- Retired LS:RP Tester, Forum Moderator C, Head of Leasing -

Price
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Price » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:51 pm

Marky wrote:Please remember not to spam topics with the same answer repeatedly, this is breaking a forum rule.
IF the question has been answered, don't write out the same answer again in different words, wait for the thread creator to reply before commenting.

Forum warnings have been, and will continue to be handed out.
Bumping this.

Leroy
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Raymond Meadows

Post by Leroy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Bumping this. Quick reminder:
My problem was solved! What do I do now?
  • Forum rules
    If your problem gets fixed or your question has been answered, please lock your own thread so it can be moved to the archive

Please use the search function before posting!
    Use this button to lock your own threads, you can find it at the bottom of the thread: Image

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:54 am

LS-RP wrote:No spamming
  • Spamming is defined as posting useless things that don't need to be posted for the purposes of raising your post count. This also includes bumping old topics even if your post is on-topic. Create a new topic about it instead of bringing up a months old topic.
    Punishments:
    • Forum Warning
I'm seeing this happen so much and it's getting out of hand again, when a question has been answered or a solution has been given there's no need to say what they've said again and change around how they said it. Forum warnings will be given out so unless you've got new and helpful information to pass on, don't post at all.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Sergeant
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Sergeant » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:49 pm

This section is for Tehnical Support and Computer related issues. If you have questions about the server please read over the Featured Documentation section: http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewforum.php?f=283 or post in the General Discussion Section: http://forum.ls-rp.com/viewforum.php?f=4

Sergeant
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Sergeant » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:15 pm

To prevent clutter, inactive topics for more then 72 hours by the original poster will be locked and archived.

Garrity
Spam Machine
Spam Machine

Post by Garrity » Tue May 26, 2015 11:28 pm

BUMP! A reminder that Backseat Moderating is not allowed, the most common is "hey, you can lock your thread by using the lock function at the bottom right corner to help the admins!". As much as we appreciate it, it's not needed nor is it allowed. It is now added to the original post of this topic.
Game Administrator
Police Officer I Landry Franklin
Retired Sergeant II Jacob "Franky" Franklin

Pinder
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Samuel Wells

Post by Pinder » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Adding on from Garrity's post, would be a great help to testers if you guys could start locking your own threads when you have an answer you are happy with. I've come across alot of solved topics that haven't been locked recently. Cheers.
◢ ◤

Koehler
God of Spammers
God of Spammers

Re: [INFORMATION] This section and you **READ**

Post by Koehler » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:05 pm

Bumping this. Especially for the probation guys.
AN

Morin
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Walter_White

Re: [INFORMATION] This section and you **READ**

Post by Morin » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Still not clear, apparently.

Do not repeat another person by rephrasing the exact same answer and do not randomly post without actually providing help (reading only halfway through the question and dropping a half assed answer for example).

You are either here to help or to show your helpful nature. Not to force yourself into being nice or to get your postcount up.

This is spam and you will get warned for such.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”