Starting out in Los Santos

All old Questions / Technical Support topics are moved here. You can search this section for an answer to a question also, if you wish.

Moderators: Junior Admins, Tester Team, Support Team, Junior Developers, Senior Lead Admins

knifeknife cut slice
Ingame name: Baz

Starting out in Los Santos

Post by knifeknife cut slice » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:45 am

Wsg,

this is the first time I get into LS-RP seriously.
I'm hoping to develop my character, but before I start focusing on RPing I'd like to get through a few things.
My goals are to:
  • Have a reliable source of income.
  • Buy a non-industrial vehicle.
  • Have a place to stay.
  • Have a decent amount of money I can use in RP situations.
What concerns me the most is the first point.
I've passed my license test, so currently I spend most of my time fishing from the bridge, and moving around with a rented vehicle.
My next step would be that of buying myself a Dinghy, and continue fishing for a while.

Is this a good plan? I play about one hour at a time, and renting cars really hurts my profit.
How should I move next? I was considering trucking, is that a good idea? If so, how should I go about it?

Thank you.
Last edited by knifeknife cut slice on Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

hotstufkiloo
Borgata
Ingame name: M_Ricci

Re: Starting out in Los Santos

Post by hotstufkiloo » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:38 am

If I was to step into the LS-RP world once again fresh having the knowledge I have now around LSRP... My advice would be to create as much interaction as possible with other roleplayers. These scripted jobs and stuff are great to get money into your pocket, yes. But I feel that you can gain a lot more money by interacting with others. Instead of getting 5k a run fishing, try and get a job being a bartender. Not only will this help with gaining income you will also develop your character.

One other job I really like is the mechanic job. This job gives you $1,250 for doing absolutely nothing every paycheck. Tow trucks are also very cheap and there is a lot of fun RP if you roleplay realistically and correctly with others when fixing vehicles. There are many companies out there that hire IC'ly also so you don't just have to stick with the scripts. I recommend you look at the business forums and check out some businesses you might like and get in contact with IC'ly.

Sh4rp
Civilian
Civilian
Ingame name: Broderick_Allbright

Post by Sh4rp » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:48 am

If you want to farm money, the best bet for starting players, is to: get a driver's license, buy a Faggio, start fishing untill you can afford a Combine Harvester and start doing /farmerjob untill you're level 3. After level 3 you cannot do that job anymore, but, by that point, you'll have more than enough money to roleplay almost anything you wish. Remember to use /savings when you reach $100k: it gives you >$500 per PayCheck; and to get the mechanic job as a side-job: as hotstufkiloo said, it gives you $1,250 for doing nothing.
As regards a place to stay, to start you can simply /rentroom at the Jefferson's Motel for $0/PayCheck. You won't actually have a private interior, but just a place to spawn that isn't the LSX. If you /enter the Jefferson's Motel you can find other places where you can do /rentroom, but I can't promise you it will be free.

Thomas Campbell
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Lucy Paterson

Post by Thomas Campbell » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:52 pm

I believe they explained the most important information you're supposed to know above.

Here is a guide to check, it helps you getting started: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=25709

Good luck! And enjoy your gameplay!

tactic
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by tactic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Firstly, I suggest you stop renting cars and allow yourself to buy your own car.
If you are looking for a profitable income in the game I think you need to get to know people, business owners who might offer you profitable offers and that way you will be able to inject cash into your game.
To succeed in the game you need to progress in stages and develop your character socially and occupationally.

- I wish you a good and enjoyable experience, for any help along the way I'm here.

knifeknife cut slice
Ingame name: Baz

Post by knifeknife cut slice » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:39 am

Alright, thanks for the help.
I've been getting the hang of things, and all of your advice was useful.

I'll lock the thread, I don't feel like there's much more to be said,
thanks again.

Return to “Q&TS Archive”