[LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Post Reply
User avatar
Hawksbee
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:05 am
Ingame name: Robin_Banks
Location: USA

[LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by Hawksbee » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:42 pm

Image

Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth
By Lucas Tobias | October 27, 2020

It comes as no surprise that Los Santos has one of the highest crime rates in America, let alone the state of San Andreas. However, with the alarming amount of violent crime that occurs in the city, one can only wonder how many orphans are created in the city. One such orphan has bravely come forward with her story for SAN to record, to help shed light on how the children of Los Santos slip through the cracks. For the sake of anonymity, both the girl and her adopive father have taken pseudonyms for the sake of this article.

Lucy McIntyre came to Los Santos with her mother and her stepfather, and the situation at home gradually became worse and worse, with Lucy elaborating that "[Her mother] never struck [her] before, but... [She] drew on the walls, and [her mother] smacked the heck out of [her]; screaming about the security deposit."

Eventually, Lucy discovered that they were abusing substances. Her mother had been overdosing repeatedly, "once a week" even, and it was up to eight-year-old Lucy to resuscitate her with Narcan every time. One day, her mother did not wake up after an attempted resuscitation. Lucy disclosed that she suffered even worse abuse at the hands of her stepfather. As she recounts:

"Without her there, it got bad for me. She'd smack me, sure, but he'd really put his hands on me. And with no one there to stop him, it got worse and worse... He knocked my teeth out of line, so I needed braces. Broke my jaw once, ribs, my arm as well... [He] stuck a gun in my mouth, told me if I ever told anyone, he'd murder me flat out. And since the CPS system here sucks, no one would know.

"Social workers took me out of his home for a while... I had some foster parents. They were pretty nice, but they had their hands full. When the time came to either adopt me or move on, they decided to move on. So, I got placed back with [Stepdad]."

When asked about her experience in foster care, Lucy responded, "There's really no such thing... There's maybe one person who checks on you, besides that they don't try to find you housing or adoption. They find a place to drop you off and forget you."

Fortunately, Lucy has found a happier chapter in her story through her adoptive father, Leon McIntyre. For his side of the story, he had this to say:

"The adoption process was the quickest thing that happened. What took me a while to figure was that Lucy was in trouble, I knew something was wrong. But this is Los Santos after all; it's a wild city, I wouldn't have been surprised if she actually had parents. I kept an eye on her, I was never fond of Idlewood, and I hated to see a child there. I was honestly lurking in the shadows if you can say that. But one day, I saw her speaking to a pusher. That was the last straw that broke the camel's back for me. So, when I learned that she was lost in the alleys of Idlewood with no home to go to, I took her to get breakfast on the other side of town, I wanted to learn her story. When she told me she never really knew her birth dad much, and how her stepdad abused her... I felt it was a sign."

Lucy added that whenever a good person talks to her, they talk her out of east side first.

When asked what her thoughts on how things could change, in regards to how foster care is handled in Los Santos, Lucy had this to say:

"I think simply taking notice is the first step... When a girl is twelve, and all alone at three [in the morning]... Is that normal? Taking time out of your day to find out if the kid is okay might make a difference. [Leon] noticed things weren't normal. And not only that, he didn't run up to me like an idiot. He approached me slowly, non-aggressive. He's a prime example of a real man."

In closing, Leon stated, "I think more should be done about the adoption process, sure Lucy and I were both lucky that it happened so fast. But not every person in Los Santos is a fit parent." Lucy added, "But the ones that are fit work too hard and have no off-duty life. Yes, I'm looking at you Fire, Police, and Sherriff's Departments. Prime candidates for parenthood could even reduce the crime rate."


COMMENTS

Code: Select all

[b]USERNAME:[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]COMMENT:[/b] [Insert comment]
List of Characters:
Lucas Tobias - Junior Reporter for SAN, ALIVE AND WELL.
Akira Higashiyama - Mechanic and former Miyazaki-Kai, INACTIVE.
Adam Hawksbee - Associate of Bellomo, MISSING.
Luca Ombra - Associate of Bellomo, DEAD.

Image

User avatar
normal
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by normal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm

USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick

Silly Fox
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 am
Ingame name: Marianna Bosch
Location: New England

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by Silly Fox » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm

normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: I bet your mental incompliance renders you ineligible to vote so I truly don't think you have any valid input here.

User avatar
normal
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by normal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 pm

Silly Fox wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: I bet your mental incompliance renders you ineligible to vote so I truly don't think you have any valid input here.
USERNAME: trump69
COMMENT: bitch shut the fuck up go collect ur $1.3k tax refund and lick my nuts u weirdo ass nigga be salty somewhere else

Silly Fox
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 am
Ingame name: Marianna Bosch
Location: New England

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by Silly Fox » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:54 pm

normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 pm
Silly Fox wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:24 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: I bet your mental incompliance renders you ineligible to vote so I truly don't think you have any valid input here.
USERNAME: trump69
COMMENT: bitch shut the fuck up go collect ur $1.3k tax refund and lick my nuts u weirdo ass nigga be salty somewhere else
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: I'm 14 you and your president are pedophiles. hahahaaha

LionVenom
Gangster
Gangster
Posts: 41
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:41 am
Ingame name: Ignacio Abraham

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by LionVenom » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm

normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
Username: Dat_Boi_Jason
Comment: How does your input have anything to do with this article? When did the author praise any politician? This simply described the obvious, that San Andreas Social Services Department suck. The only person pushing a political agenda here is you.

User avatar
normal
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by normal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm

LionVenom wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
Username: Dat_Boi_Jason
Comment: How does your input have anything to do with this article? When did the author praise any politician? This simply described the obvious, that San Andreas Social Services Department suck. The only person pushing a political agenda here is you.
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: Dont recall asking your commie ass bout shit hop off the dick

Silly Fox
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 am
Ingame name: Marianna Bosch
Location: New England

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by Silly Fox » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm

normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm
LionVenom wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
Username: Dat_Boi_Jason
Comment: How does your input have anything to do with this article? When did the author praise any politician? This simply described the obvious, that San Andreas Social Services Department suck. The only person pushing a political agenda here is you.
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: Dont recall asking your commie ass bout shit hop off the dick
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: You know you're a failure at understanding politics when A. Underhill is your republican nominee and B. I have a better understanding of it than you. That's red county schools for ya'.

User avatar
normal
 
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:17 pm

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by normal » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Silly Fox wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:16 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:01 pm
LionVenom wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm


Username: Dat_Boi_Jason
Comment: How does your input have anything to do with this article? When did the author praise any politician? This simply described the obvious, that San Andreas Social Services Department suck. The only person pushing a political agenda here is you.
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: Dont recall asking your commie ass bout shit hop off the dick
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: You know you're a failure at understanding politics when A. Underhill is your republican nominee and B. I have a better understanding of it than you. That's red county schools for ya'.
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: hes a fake republican and shouldnt be ever allowed into the seat that hes currently holding, everyone knows about his under the table deals with commies appelo and brown

Silly Fox
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Posts: 185
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:25 am
Ingame name: Marianna Bosch
Location: New England

Re: [LOCAL]Through the Cracks: How San Andreas' Foster Care Fails Its Youth

Post by Silly Fox » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:31 pm

LionVenom wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm
normal wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:01 pm
USERNAME: trump69 COMMENT: bitch shut the f uck up this jew ass underhill isnt even funding the social services properly hop off the dick
Username: Dat_Boi_Jason
Comment: How does your input have anything to do with this article? When did the author praise any politician? This simply described the obvious, that San Andreas Social Services Department suck. The only person pushing a political agenda here is you.
USERNAME: Tw1st3d S1st3r
COMMENT: It's always a republican. You know its sad when abuse, racism and dead kids is 'so America' that when you talk out against those problems people think you hate America LMAO.

Post Reply

Return to “San Andreas Network”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users