[POLITICS] THE LSPD Are Ready to Infringe on Your 2nd Amendment Rights

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Paris_Newman
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[POLITICS] THE LSPD Are Ready to Infringe on Your 2nd Amendment Rights

Post by Paris_Newman » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:01 am

THE LSPD ARE READY TO INFRINGE ON YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS
LOS SANTOS POLICE DEPARTMENT ISSUE UNCONSTITUTIONAL ULTIMATUM
BY Gina Turner | September 17, 2020

LSPD threaten to stop issuing firearms licenses to citizens

The Office of the new Chief of the Los Santos Police Department, John Carlston, have threatened to stop issuing firearms licenses to the citizens of San Andreas with immediate effect.

Chief Carlston has taken the decision to reaffirm the hard stance made by the recent former Chief, Gibbs Brown, to violate the Federal constitution, depriving honest and law abiding citizens of access to firearms.

You might be wondering is this illegal? The answer is YES.

By issuing a full shut down of licenses that allow us to legally purchase firearms and carry on our person, Chief Carlston is carelessly putting the hard working, legit citizens of San Andreas in the cross-hairs of organized gangs who don't give a damn about possessing the right license and documentation before they blast their glock.

Why would the LSPD issue a ultimatum to shut down Firearms licensing? The answer this time is POWER.

The State Constitutional Amendment to Firearms Regulations that was proposed in the San Andreas Senate Chamber by Senator Peralta and Senator Zhenzhen would have removed LSPD's power to regulate Firearms, whilst still entrusting them with the service of issuing firearms licenses to the citizens of San Andreas.

Clearly, the LSPD are not ready to let go of the power to regulate firearms just yet. And here we have a direct quote from the office of Chief Carlston.
ALEXIS ADDISON, OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF POLICE
Friday August 21st, 2020

"At the end of those seven days after this amendment becomes law, the LSPD will fully withdraw from issuing firearms licenses and we will decommission the LSPD's Firearms Licensing Division entirely. The decommissioning of the Firearms Licensing Division, as well as our withdrawal from issuing firearms licenses, will occur at the end of those seven days regardless of whether a replacement system has been implemented or not."
How can I protect my rights so I can protect my family? It's time to get your papers in check.

While violent crime continues to plague the State, with the high concentration of disorder taking place in the city of LS, law abiding citizens need protection from whatever is waiting for them when they leave for work in the morning.

If you haven't already, now is the time to apply for your license to Purchase a Firearm. With the Republican led majority Senate continuing to pursue this Constitutional Amendment, the power struggle with the LSPD will continue and is likely to lead to a total shutdown of the issue of firearms licenses in San Andreas.

Now the license to Purchase a Firearm will only get you so far in protecting yourself and your family. While you will be guaranteed safety in your home, you will not be legally able to take your firearm with you when you leave the house. Once you have your PF license, you will need to apply for the license to Carry a Concealed Weapon. This will allow you to exercise the right to bear arms, and openly carry outside of the city limits.

How long do I have to get my licenses before it's too late? You have 7 days.

After the Constitutional Amendment was vetoed by the former Governor Jerry Richards, the legislation went back to the Senate and the debate will be continued in the Chamber. Assuming this legislation will make it to a vote, then the LSPD's ultimatum will apply on the seventh day following the Constitutional Amendment being passed.

COMMENTS

Code: Select all

[b]USERNAME:[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]COMMENT:[/b] [Insert comment]

Ranzuki
State Government
State Government
Ingame name: Daniel Newton

Re: [POLITICS] LSPD ARE READY TO INFRINGE ON YOUR 2ND AMENDMENT RIGHTS

Post by Ranzuki » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 am

USERNAME: [Newt22] COMMENT: [Well, as a victim of multiple robbery, I will certainly see this as a bad move. Maybe put stricter process to get one, but don't ban it.]

Return to “San Andreas Network”