[LOCAL] Riots in Central Los Santos

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Boss
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[LOCAL] Riots in Central Los Santos

Post by Boss » Sun May 31, 2020 11:11 pm

A DAY OF RAGE: RIOTS AND LOOTING IN CENTRAL LOS SANTOS
BY ROBERT CLEMENZA | May 31, 2020

A Los Santos Police Department sniper watches over the demonstrations in Central Los Santos, which soon turned violent. (Evan Sullivan / Los Santos Times)

In the wake of the police brutality case concerning George Floyd in Minneapolis, San Andreas residents held mass protests and rallies in Idlewood and later the mall in the neighborhood of Market. What began as a peaceful demonstration of about 30-40 people soon became violent, and participants began destroying private and public property. In addition, a recording studio, Miranda Rights Productions, was damaged and looted. A police officer, trapped inside his squad car, was surrounded and attacked by rioters.

The Los Santos Police Department was quickly dispatched to the scene of the protest in Market, located in Central Los Santos. Protesters barricaded themselves into a block, setting up cars and even a semi truck on the north and south side of Jim's Sticky Ring located on Normandie Avenue. Riot police mobilized behind the Jim's Sticky Ring to flank the protesters and break through the barricades. Protesters swarmed from one side of the business into the parking lot to confront the police officers.

“We just ask everyone to keep it peaceful. We understand why you feel injustice," Los Santos Police Department Chief Gibbs Brown commented to SAN on-scene. "What happened in Minneapolis was murder. But it doesn't justify this violence."

Chief Brown commented that there were no causalities during the protest, but tens of participants, including a police officer were injured during the clashes. Soon after his statement to the public via KSAN radio, skirmishes broke out between police officers and protesters. Some protesters were armed with baseball bats and clubs. Police offers equipped with less lethal 40mm Tactical 4-Shot Launchers were posted on rooftops and fired rubber bullets down on demonstrators to push them out of the parking lot.

Shortly after the LSPD Chief gave his statement to SAN, the office of Lieutenant Governor Charles Moreno (D) released his own to the media.

"The murder of George Floyd cannot be forgiven. I stand with the African-American community in solidarity. We must do better and we must seek justice,” newly sworn-in Lieutenant Governor Charles Moreno said. “However, I urge all citizens who are participating, to protest peacefully and legally. Reckless violence does not achieve anything but further violence. Police brutality is not something we should take lightly, and its a subject in which we should be actively discussing. That is why, I will work with law enforcement to prevent incidents like this and hold those who commit such disgusting acts, to account."
space
PHOTO GALLERY

COMMENTS

Code: Select all

[b]USERNAME:[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]COMMENT:[/b] [Insert comment]
Freedomland

2009-2020

AmyB
Gangster
Gangster

Re: [LOCAL] Riots in Central Los Santos

Post by AmyB » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:37 am

USERNAME: bettyxxx98
COMMENT: Both the protesters and the LSPD had an overreaction to the protest, in which I found myself as a participant for the "protesters" team. Unfortunately, what started as a peaceful and legal protest at the Idlewood Pizza Stacks Parking Lot turned in less than two hours to be a very violent and rough clash between the Los Santos Police Department and diverse civilians. Also, I'm saddened to announce that during the clashes between the LSPD and the protesters, three men have lost their lives in such combats.

Cykanuggets
A Tradition of Service
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: robert lackin - rivers

Post by Cykanuggets » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:42 am

USERNAME: driver
COMMENT: I hope no looting was made around those bussinesses, LSPD and LSSD did a good job seperating the protesters from Antifa shit.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 800 character limit.

gibsons
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Benny Sheffield

Post by gibsons » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:06 pm

USERNAME: Iansilv
COMMENT: Police did great yesterday to suppress the protesters, thank you for your service and thanks for caring about the local people!

Peruvian Flake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Peruvian Flake » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Cykanuggets wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:42 am
USERNAME: BLMMovementFuck12
Replying to driver : Yeah because the businesses are worth more than black lives, man. Get your priorities straight; If you care more about looting than the message that's out there then you're part of the problem too! #BLM #FUCK12 #GeorgeFloyd #NaziCops

.Pluto.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by .Pluto. » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Peruvian Flake wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:56 pm
Cykanuggets wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:42 am
Replying to driver : Yeah because the businesses are worth more than black lives, man. Get your priorities straight; If you care more about looting than the message that's out there then you're part of the problem too! #BLM #FUCK12 #GeorgeFloyd #NaziCops
USERNAME: admin
COMMENT: acab

Moosey
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Moosey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:02 pm

USERNAME: kentucky
COMMENT: All life matters. Fuck off with that racist BLM shit.

Peruvian Flake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Peruvian Flake » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm

Moosey wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:02 pm
Replying to kentucky : Saying ''All life matters'' is like saying all houses matters when there's only one out in the neighborhood that's burning. You're saying they should water down every houses in that case? Doesn't make sense.

Moosey
Gangster
Gangster

Post by Moosey » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 pm

Peruvian Flake wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Moosey wrote:
Replying to kentucky : Saying ''All life matters'' is like saying all houses matters when there's only one out in the neighborhood that's burning. You're saying they should water down every houses in that case? Doesn't make sense.
Replying to BLMMovementFuck12: That is the worst comparison I've seen in ages. Is your supervisor at the nursing home aware of your internet access??

Peruvian Flake
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Peruvian Flake » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:59 am

Moosey wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:51 pm
Peruvian Flake wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:24 pm
Moosey wrote:
Replying to BLMMovementFuck12: That is the worst comparison I've seen in ages. Is your supervisor at the nursing home aware of your internet access??
Replying to kentucky : I guess you're from Kentucky, I don't expect tou to understand lol.

Return to “San Andreas Network”