[OP-ED] Underhill Unprepared?

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Ashley
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

[OP-ED] Underhill Unprepared?

Post by Ashley » Tue May 05, 2020 3:51 pm

OP-ED: UNDERHILL UNPREPARED?
BY ALEXIS FRANKLIN | MAY 4TH, 2020

Francis "Frank" Underhill, a stalwart of the Republican Party for years has, as we all know through the incessant media coverage, announced that he is running for Lieutenant Governor for the State of San Andreas. It's being billed by many in the political community as the culmination of many years of work, serving the community and maintaining leadership roles within the State Senate. The homecoming of a certain Lieutenant Governor in waiting, having prepared himself for years for ascension to one of the highest political offices in the State of San Andreas.

So why does he seem unprepared? Why do we have nothing but endorsements and press conferences? Where are the policies?

For the past few weeks, media coverage of the election in San Andreas has focused primarily upon Underhill, his flawed endorsement by the Black Republican Association, his press conference announcing how he's going to be running, articles from the San Andreas Network covering his announcement. Credit where it's due, the guy has a fantastic media presence and whoever is in charge of his public relations is doing a fantastic job and deserves a raise.

Yet, this morning, I'm sat at the desk in my office at home with all the material released regarding the election. I've got the manifesto for the Democratic candidate, Moreno, on my desk. I've got some extracts from his announcement, and I've got what I need to make an informed decision. The guy has had a muted media presence that won't help his cause, but he's got the content out at least.

But Underhill? I've got some announcements and endorsements from Republicans, great. I'm not going to elect you based on your announcement, Frank. Where are your policies? You've got a team behind you and you've been preparing for this moment for years, you're telling me you've really got nothing? You telling me that whilst you've made this announcement, your opposing candidate has been able to produce everything for an informed decision?

The fact is, despite his long career in the Senate, Underhill actually has little to show for. Most of the work done in the legislature was done by others, not Frank. So it's not surprising he doesn't have clear policy proposals. The people of San Andreas are waiting to make an informed decision. Underhill may have been waiting years for this moment, his ascension... but currently he's unprepared and offering the opportunity to his opponent who is spearheading anti-corruption efforts, a police pension fund, labor union legislation, and marijuana decriminalization.

I worked with Frank during my time in the State Senate, I even voted for the guy to be Speaker despite our political differences. The guy had the talk, he knew what to say. It turns out, that's what he thinks will get him elected to one of the most senior positions in the San Andreas political landscape.

Frank, if you're reading this - get a grip and publish your policies. You've spent weeks conducting interviews, securing endorsements for a campaign that so far has produced nothing more than empty promise about making San Andreas an amazing place to live. A travel brochure and an estate agent can do that, show me something worthy of being Lieutenant Governor.

This article is an opinion piece and does not represent the views of the San Andreas Network or the Los Santos Times.

Interested in submitting an opinion piece to SAN's editorial board? Contact us at [email protected].

COMMENTS

Code: Select all

[b]USERNAME:[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]COMMENT:[/b] [Insert comment]

MootjeNL
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: [OP-ED] Underhill Unprepared?

Post by MootjeNL » Wed May 06, 2020 1:11 am

USERNAME: larsielars
COMMENT: cool

Jaylen69