[POLITICS] Senator Moreno Proposes 'Pricey' Pension Fund for Law Enforcement

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Boss
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

[POLITICS] Senator Moreno Proposes 'Pricey' Pension Fund for Law Enforcement

Post by Boss » Sat May 02, 2020 10:51 pm

SENATOR MORENO PROPOSES 'PRICEY' PENSION FUND FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
BY EVAN SULLIVAN | MAY 2, 2020

space
space

Last week Senator Charlie Moreno (D-5) introduced the Police Pension Fund Act of 2020 in the San Andreas State Senate. The short piece of legislation would set aside $3 million from the government-ran charity, the San Andreas Community Development Fund, and provide one-time payments of $50,000 to retired police officers.

“The Police Pension Fund will see that we allocate a worthwhile extra $3,000,000 for the year 2020. I have consulted with the Los Santos Police Federation and even Chief of Police Daniel Swenson, who is showing full support for this act,” Moreno said in a floor statement. “It has always been apparent to me that our law enforcement personnel do not recieve enough support and security. Our state has some of the highest crime rates around and sometimes these conditions must undoubtedly be unbearable.”

The bill, introduced by the leader of the Democratic Caucus, was met with criticism by Senate Republicans, who expressed concern that the state could not afford a $3 million pension fund for law enforcement retirees.

“There is no way the government will be able to afford this without significantly taking away from other programs. The proposed program would take nearly half of the SACDF’s budget,” Senator Jeremiah Buchanon (R-7) quipped. “The Law Enforcement in this state is top notch and deserves all the praise and help we can afford. But this kind of reckless spending would hault almost all future programs within the government.”

The bill was also at the center of Moreno’s announcement for his candidacy for the position Lieutenant Governor. With police officers making up a significant portion of San Andreas voters, Moreno is poised to politically benefit from the big promises made in the bill.

"Sugely Cuevas is nothing but a career politician, that has no interest in supporting you. This week, I tried to do something good for our men and women of the thin blue line. I proposed a bill which will see an increase in the police pension fund. And guess what the GOP said? They said it costs too much," Moreno stated in a speech last Wednesday.

Code: Select all

[b]COMMENT by[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]Email:[/b] [Insert E-mail] 
[b]Comment:[/b] [Insert Comment]
Freedomland

2009-2020

Penny_Harrington
Gangster
Gangster

Re: [POLITICS] Senator Moreno Proposes 'Pricey' Pension Fund for Law Enforcement

Post by Penny_Harrington » Sun May 03, 2020 4:21 pm

COMMENT by Anonymous
Email: *.**********@lsmail.com
Comment: It's nice to see someone looking out for our police officers; they deal with a lot of backlash these days.

Claasiic
State Senator
State Senator
Ingame name: Rayan_Abbas

Re: [POLITICS] Senator Moreno Proposes 'Pricey' Pension Fund for Law Enforcement

Post by Claasiic » Tue May 05, 2020 10:28 am

COMMENT by Anonymous
Email: [email protected]
Comment: The Republicans love to embrace their support for Law Enforcement; however, this Police Pension Fund Act proves otherwise...
POLICE OFFICER III MOHAMED ADEN
Field Training Officer, Gang and Narcotics Division
Command Pilot, Air Support Division
Los Santos Police Department — "To Protect and to Serve"

ALSO PRESIDENT PRO TEMPORE RAYAN ABBAS (D) — SAN ANDREAS STATE SENATE

Limit
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Limit » Sat May 09, 2020 11:37 am

USERNAME: notacop
COMMENT: lovely, screw underhill

knppel
Bad News
Bad News
Ingame name: Carry Saunders

Post by knppel » Sat May 09, 2020 1:27 pm

COMMENT by TheRealCarrySaunders
Comment: When I asked Moreno how he plans to tackle street violence he spoke of giving people marijuana, not employing more police officers. He seems to want to encourage Officers to retire, rather.

MattyLis
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by MattyLis » Sat May 09, 2020 3:42 pm

COMMENT by America1st
Comment: This IDIOT Moreno wants to turn this country in to VENEZUELA !!!!!! Am SICK and TIRED off this Commie´s Evilnes........... Offcourse he wants to tax (STEAL) all off my cash....... Next up: MORENO WANTS TO TAKE OUR GUNS AND BAN JESUS CHRIST!!!! I´m SICK and TIRED of these Yuppie Liberals treing to ruin our country..... Nazi Germany Much?

American Dream
Civilian
Civilian

Post by American Dream » Sat May 09, 2020 4:35 pm

COMMENT by UNION.POWER
Comment: HE'S GOT MY BACK #CHOOSECHARLIE

WestonA
Ingame name: Daniel Martin

Post by WestonA » Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 pm

COMMENT by [Daniel.M]
Email:[email protected]
Comment: Wonderful initiative, however anything purported by Dems is doomed to fail. Everyone knows the history of liberals politics, failure, failure and more failure. At this rate, The State of San Andreas will fall into the negative zone. You cannot pull out $3M willy nilly when you have disenfranchised communities mainly black still suffering. If the dems really care about minority rights, direct the funds to alleviate the projects in the state. Otherwise my vote is with Underhill.

If freedom don't rang, Da choppa gon' sang.

Return to “San Andreas Network”