[CRIME] FBI Withdraws: Local Law Enforcement Left in the Dark

The San Andreas Network is an independent network; everything to do with them, including recent articles, about shows, employee biographies and employment, is found inside!

Moderators: San Andreas Network Editors, Senior Lead Admins, San Andreas Network Mods

Sidar
Mafia
Mafia
Ingame name: Einfeldt x Romanic

[CRIME] FBI Withdraws: Local Law Enforcement Left in the Dark

Post by Sidar » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:03 am

ARTICLESEMPLOYMENTREAL ESTATEJOBSVEHICLESWEEKLY CIRCULARSGOVERNMENT PUBLICATIONSPLACE AD

FBI Withdraws: Local Law Enforcement Left in the Dark
By Val Romanic | March 31st, 2020

LOS SANTOS On July 23, 2019, former Governor Wade Reynolds (R) issued executive order WR001-20, deputizing federal officers of the United States Department of Justice, mainly agents of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The order allowed the deputized agents, normally tasked with the enforcement of federal law, to act on infringements of state law as well, practically granting them authority equal to that of state departments, such as the Los Santos Police Department (LSPD) and the Los Santos Sheriff's Department (LSSD). The order came after a documented surge in major crimes all over San Andreas and popular criticism of the Reynolds Government's methods of dealing with the issue.

Initial doubts were allayed, following a significant plunge in crime rates across the state two months after the order was enacted. High profile misconduct cases were brought to court with claims of public figures like former Senator and State Treasurer Jep Appelo, and former Senator and Secretary of State Megan Granville (R), allegedly having ties to the infamous Bellantonio crime family. Nevertheless, despite the increase of effectiveness in the fight against organized crime, on January 19, 2020, merely six months after the order was issued, the Bureau announced the withdrawal of most of their major operations from the state, due to reasons that were not revealed to the public. This did not keep the people from guessing. A lack of "resources, I believe that the FBI disengaged from our state simply because of that issue," speculated Detective Sergeant Victor Davalos of the LSSD in an interview with SAN.

"I will happily say since they were deputized, they were permitted to use their assets that our department doesn't have access to in our cases, improving our policing abilities when it came to organised crime, and we can both agree, that the FBI have a lot more resources and assets than we do," Detective Davalos stated.

This effect changed from bureau to bureau, as evidenced by statements from Detective Joshua Dorsey, an investigator for the SD's gang-focused Operation Safe Streets initiative.

"Our interactions with the FBI were minimal, if not non-existent, as their focus is not as much on street gangs, as it is on organized crime," Detective Dorsey said.

"Their withdrawal did have a slight impact on us, since we had a larger influx of cases that could have used their assets and such, although we have caught up since we had in fact learned a considerable amount of their agency in terms of effective policing. There were short term impacts, but in terms of long term? There was next to nothing," stated Detective Sergeant Davalos about the sudden withdrawal. "Although, I can't exactly say if there had been any impacts in terms of management when it comes to the office of the sheriff. In terms of investigations and my detail, there is nothing I can really comment on."

The Detectives refused to comment on who in the SD were now responsible for pursuing major crime cases that were left unfinished by the withdrawal.

"Personally, I enjoyed the boosted assets as help is always appreciated when it comes to high profile cases, the more people, the better," concluded Detective Davalos.

Detective Ernesto Covarrubias, the Acting Commanding Officer of the PD Detective Bureau's (PDDB) Major Crimes Division, was more elaborate when asked about the situation in the inner city area.

"Well, they put me out of a job," joked Detective Covarrubias about the increased presence of federal agents following the order in an exclusive interview. "With the introduction of the FBI, the department's own focus on organized crime became quite limited, something that has luckily changed after their withdrawal. Of course we are always appreciative of any agencies able, and willing, to join the fight against organized crime. Police work is not a competition. I'd say the mood was more neutral."

"I had heard rumors, but I had dismissed them as hearsay. Their withdrawal did come as a shock to me," said Detective Covarrubias when asked on whether his department was informed of the withdrawal beforehand. "It brought us back to relevancy. We were suddenly the sole division to investigate organized crime which gave us a purpose."

The detective denied claims of resentment within the department, due to the overload of cases left from the FBI's local operations.

"I wouldn't say we became overworked, I would say it was business as usual," Detective Covarrubias said. "Of course we saw an increased workload, but that's only natural with the job."

"We have a big focus on organized crime within city limits," Detective Covarrubias stated. He also confirmed that most organized crime investigations, such as the ones into the Bellantonio crime family or the Russian mafia, were transferred to his division. However, the transition was not flawless. "When the [FBI] withdrew, it created a transitional period from their withdrawal to Major Crimes being at full strength again. From recent observations, it seems that these groups have grown careless due to this. However, they are aware of our presence."

According to Detective Covarrubias, this was because the Major Crimes Division "didn't receive any intelligence from the [FBI] despite the withdrawal. None." The mistrials of the FBI's aforementioned high-profile cases, the detective stated, caused a drop in department morale. "But it also gave us a greater hunger to continue building on the case and one day see it go to trial [again]."

The detective stated that most misconduct cases, alongside the majority of major investigations into criminal organizations such as the mob, were now under the PDDB's jurisdiction. However, the transition period following the FBI's withdrawal left much to be desired among investigative officers.

Code: Select all

[b]COMMENT by[/b] [Insert Username]
[b]Email:[/b] [Insert E-mail] 
[b]Comment:[/b] [Insert Comment]

Sk0ck0
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: [CRIME] FBI Withdraws: Local Law Enforcement Left in the Dark

Post by Sk0ck0 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:05 pm

COMMENT by Anonymous
Email: [email protected]
Comment: They were worst buerau anyway
#FreeZeksi

AlBakone

Re: [CRIME] FBI Withdraws: Local Law Enforcement Left in the Dark

Post by AlBakone » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:05 pm

are you sure this is the game's website?

Return to “San Andreas Network”