New Rules of Engagement & Coup d'état Guidelines

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

R3PZY_TTV
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Donnie_Wilkos

Re: New Rules of Engagement & Coup d'état Guidelines

Post by R3PZY_TTV » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 am

In my opinion I feel like this should have been left the way it was, cause now your just limiting roleplay. I mean you wouldn't see me using a sniper but think about the people who are rping organized crime or something, why would somebody ICly not be able to shoot at more than one person with a sniper and request admin perms? Doesnt make sense in my opinion and I think the 1 M4 / AK rule is kinda dumb no offense. It should be either no limitations or 3 M4 / AKs max. I see you guys are trying to lessen the loopholes but your literally just making more and making it worse.

Ray_Giudice
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Ray_Giudice » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:03 am

Finally.

hotstufkiloo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: M_Ricci

Post by hotstufkiloo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:36 am

Shoutout Narc!

Vincent_Orsatti
Borgata
Borgata

Post by Vincent_Orsatti » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 am

There's parts there which don't make any sense and it looks like there's no touch down on wartime alts and the sort. Looks overly complicated for something that, at the core, should be decided on mutual agreement between faction leaders. "You are encouraged to enter faction controlled wars to promote roleplay." This is probably what I'm referring to. Glad I rarely get into wars nowadays because in this form, this would look like a punishment rather than some potentially good roleplay. If I were a faction leader I'd probably have to do a lot of math before a beef and eventually be discouraged to even bother with it, but this was probably the whole intent behind. And no, I'm not hating, I'm just an advocate of common sense and think most, if not all the stuff, should be decided by faction leaders beforehand, including, but not limited to: the size of attack parties, the firearm caliber they would be allowed to use, what constitutes an attack etc. No involvement whatsoever from the administration until the parties break their own accord.

Redz
Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
Ingame name: -

Post by Redz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:26 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 am
In my opinion I feel like this should have been left the way it was, cause now your just limiting roleplay. I mean you wouldn't see me using a sniper but think about the people who are rping organized crime or something, why would somebody ICly not be able to shoot at more than one person with a sniper and request admin perms? Doesnt make sense in my opinion and I think the 1 M4 / AK rule is kinda dumb no offense. It should be either no limitations or 3 M4 / AKs max. I see you guys are trying to lessen the loopholes but your literally just making more and making it worse.
I'm sure we rather not see a gang retaliate with 4 m4s cause their homie got beat up for going to an opposing gang's neighborhood. So that's probably where that restriction came from.

lifesablur
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by lifesablur » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:22 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:35 am
Well, people in FMP and in general kept complaining on how factions were using M4s/AKs back to back to mow down a block or chase their targets in vehicles. That's why it was put in place, FM at the time(not the current FM) came up with a solution that satisfied the people. Even I see no problem with 1 AR on a hit. Bare in mind, this is only for faction hits, this isn't for hits in general.

But it's allowed if you want to allow more ARs on the hit, if both faction leaders agree.
Vincent_Orsatti wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 am
There's parts there which don't make any sense and it looks like there's no touch down on wartime alts and the sort. Looks overly complicated for something that, at the core, should be decided on mutual agreement between faction leaders.
It's obviously against the rules to use war time alts, hence why you send the roster when you agree to a war. If you see a war time alt? You report it, simple as.
Vincent_Orsatti wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 am
And no, I'm not hating, I'm just an advocate of common sense and think most, if not all the stuff, should be decided by faction leaders beforehand, including, but not limited to: the size of attack parties, the firearm caliber they would be allowed to use, what constitutes an attack etc. No involvement whatsoever from the administration until the parties break their own accord.
Not sure if you're saying admins/FM involve themselves at the start of faction discussing terms but everything is decided by the faction leaders before agreeing to enter a war, if there's some sort of area you can't decide yourselves, that's when you involve FM to get some sort of agreement going on. But it shouldn't really be a problem, it shouldn't get to a point where admins or FM get involved. Personally I've never had to get a third party person to help discuss terms.

Wars suck anyways, it just goes OOC and people just make back to back faction reports and cry, over the pettiest things too. If you wanna talk about roleplay, wars aren't productive, we all know that. At least with LCNs/Organised Crime factions, it's just hide n seek, stalling roleplay for about 1 week while factions members don't log in-game to avoid dying.

Eren
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator
Ingame name: Joshua_Walker

Post by Eren » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 pm

If anyone has any questions, concerns or queries about the RoE, please feel free to get in touch with me on discord, or any other member of FM. We welcome feedback in any shape or form.

Stay safe.

Caleb410
Forum Moderator

Post by Caleb410 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:42 pm

I ain't gonna lie but I like the new rules, it leaves so much room for Roleplay in rival faction Roleplay. +1

Michael_Dippolito
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Michael_Dippolito » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Could use some more work but I guess you could call it progress. Nice.

Rancor
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: kill

Post by Rancor » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm

I honestly agree with R3PZY and I don't know why you guys fancy cooldowns on everything. Brawls were fine the way they were as long as no blades or katanas were used it didn't have a cooldown. Brawls are fun and create roleplay without the use of weapons to blockwipe factions. I am pretty sure a lot of people would vouch for what I am saying because my faction used to have a lot of brawls with 99 and EHC, and it created a lot of roleplay and was fun as well. I see no point in adding cooldowns to brawls, maybe just have the cooldown on the people who participated not the whole faction. The M4/AK rule doesn't make sense, honestly. If you added it because you worry about the people who mow down factions and blockwipe them then the "no chasing or running after" rule was enough to stop them.

normal
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by normal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm

i've voiced my concerns in regards to the AR rule in the ftp however they were ignored completely so i'd like to repeat myself. i really don't see what's the point of limiting the entire server instead of punishing people who abuse them? maybe it should be rather the admins doing their job properly instead of ruining it for the entire server lol

lifesablur
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by lifesablur » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:37 pm

Rancor wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:08 pm
I honestly agree with R3PZY and I don't know why you guys fancy cooldowns on everything. Brawls were fine the way they were as long as no blades or katanas were used it didn't have a cooldown. Brawls are fun and create roleplay without the use of weapons to blockwipe factions. I am pretty sure a lot of people would vouch for what I am saying because my faction used to have a lot of brawls with 99 and EHC, and it created a lot of roleplay and was fun as well. I see no point in adding cooldowns to brawls, maybe just have the cooldown on the people who participated not the whole faction. The M4/AK rule doesn't make sense, honestly. If you added it because you worry about the people who mow down factions and blockwipe them then the "no chasing or running after" rule was enough to stop them.
You can always have your faction leader make their own terms, i.e no cooldowns for brawls etc. But obviously, the other faction leader would have to agree to it.
normal wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:21 pm
i've voiced my concerns in regards to the AR rule in the ftp however they were ignored completely so i'd like to repeat myself. i really don't see what's the point of limiting the entire server instead of punishing people who abuse them? maybe it should be rather the admins doing their job properly instead of ruining it for the entire server lol
There's no such thing as "abusing" ARs, it's just that people kept crying, certain factions kept crying that other factions were using M4s to participate in an all out blood bath.

It just got to the point where FM was forced to change the rules for factions, and only for factions. Blame the factions that kept complaining and nagging FM.

R3PZY_TTV
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Donnie_Wilkos

Post by R3PZY_TTV » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Imma just put it like this, then I'm done commenting. I'm definitely willing to try the whole new roe thing, but if we are attacking and we are only allowed to use one Ak / M4 and somebody is playing hood defense or is riding around with 4 M4 / AKs waiting on somebody to attack and we get flipped its going to suck. Literally a loophole right there, you can only attack with one M4 / AK but you can defend with as many as you want? I mean thats kinda unfair to the attacker and it's just encouraging people to play defense with automatic rifles now, cause think about it:

A - Attacking
B - Defending

Faction A is riding around looking for faction B after faction B shot one of the homies dead. Faction A has only one M4 / AK in the car because they have to follow RoE, meanwhile faction B is riding around 4 deep technically playing defense with 4 M4s in the car. Faction A pulls up and starts shooting, but faction B because they are playing defense technically can just lean out and obliterate the entire attacking car and kill everyone simply because the M4 rule doesnt apply to them, so now it's unfair to the attacker.

See what I'm saying now? This isn't the only loophole either as there is way more but it would be too much to type and a headache to read.

William_Sou
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by William_Sou » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Whats with all the yesmen on this thread? These RoE changes are garbage. Many loopholes and ridiculous restrictions. You might aswell dub this 'comedic relief'
Faction Leadership Overthrow (Coup d'état)
Description
In order for a faction member to request approval for a Coup d'état, they must be a high ranking member of the faction. Faction Management Council must be contacted before any in-game or out-of-character action is taken. You must have the support of the majority of the faction members which should be confirmed over a LS:RP forum PM. On top of the aforementioned, there needs to be exceptional reasoning in-character or out-of-character in order to receive approval by Faction Management to begin a Faction Leadership Overthrow.

Any situation where a (co-)leader is forcefully removed from the faction is considered to be a Faction Leadership Overthrow. When in doubt, contact Faction Management Council.

NOTE: Bare in mind this should come as a last resort, always do your best to work out the issues you may have with the leader/leadership, Faction Management will be judging off of a strict basis when it comes to these scenarios.
This is the only good thing out of it.

Michael_Dippolito
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by Michael_Dippolito » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm

R3PZY_TTV wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm
Imma just put it like this, then I'm done commenting. I'm definitely willing to try the whole new roe thing, but if we are attacking and we are only allowed to use one Ak / M4 and somebody is playing hood defense or is riding around with 4 M4 / AKs waiting on somebody to attack and we get flipped its going to suck. Literally a loophole right there, you can only attack with one M4 / AK but you can defend with as many as you want? I mean thats kinda unfair to the attacker and it's just encouraging people to play defense with automatic rifles now, cause think about it:

A - Attacking
B - Defending

Faction A is riding around looking for faction B after faction B shot one of the homies dead. Faction A has only one M4 / AK in the car because they have to follow RoE, meanwhile faction B is riding around 4 deep technically playing defense with 4 M4s in the car. Faction A pulls up and starts shooting, but faction B because they are playing defense technically can just lean out and obliterate the entire attacking car and kill everyone simply because the M4 rule doesnt apply to them, so now it's unfair to the attacker.

See what I'm saying now? This isn't the only loophole either as there is way more but it would be too much to type and a headache to read.

I agree. This is one of the areas I was referring to that needed some work on.

Return to “Announcements”