September 2020 Staff Update

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Ben
Management

September 2020 Staff Update

Post by Ben » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:42 pm

Hey everyone

Another month has gone, and we're approaching fall rapidly, leaving the summer days behind. This means we'll once again be bolstering our ranks in the staff team with 19 new testers! This way we'll make sure we always have staff ready to service the community, and help out where help is needed in our internal sub-teams along with speeding up the application process. However, accepting a batch of testers isn't the only new thing happening this month. This month, we're making some internal changes so that I don't have to spend all my time on LS:RP, meaning DadoJ will be stepping up to Head of Admins and Cayl will take his place as Head of testers. I'm looking forward to work closer together with both of them, and see how we can improve the staff team in the future.

This month I'm adding some of the Team Leaders highlights in the staff update to help put focus on important topics or just helping informing the community of changes that are happening in the different teams.

Without further ado, the promotions!

New Testers
GBH - zalenac - zeeksteezy - philip - felis - ic3squid
Rowan. - Meduza - Mikey_Rogers - Kyle - Tony™
Suburban - EffPee - Nature42O - Aiden - blurem
Bizarre - JayEast - chinese food

Returning Testers
Brandon_Lota

Tester-Admin Scheme to Junior Admin
Paps - Coconuty - fvck - risen

Promoted to Game Admin
Bader. - Mario

Promoted to Senior Admin
Ten - Psycho

Assistant Head of Testers to Head of Testers
Cayl

Promoted to Senior Lead Admin
DadoJ (Head of Admins)

Congratulations everyone!

Faction Team Recruitment
The Faction Team is looking for new team members to bolster their roster. If you're interested in having a say on important faction team discussions, please be sure to apply before it closes on the 4th of September. You can find more information about it here.

The State of Legal Factions
With the absence of a Head of Legal Factions, Jayy and I will be filling in the shoes of that position, and you can PM any of us with your questions for legal factions. We've recently appointed Kayayday as the new Sheriff and ashh as the Chief of Police. These two new legal faction leaders will do their best to work together, while also having their factions interests in mind. This is no easy task as there's been some issues for the last year between the two factions, but I believe that we are slowly beginning to make progress of creating a more healthy bond between the two, and I'm looking forward to see how it all pans out, and will do what I can to help maintain it.

As for the State Government, I'll be acting Governor until a new Head of Legal Factions is found. I'm working together closely with Maxim to ensure that the State Senate are able to do their job.

Community Feedback & Verified Discussions
Last month I promised I'd be looking into the verified discussions topics some more, but haven't found the time to properly get into it. A lot of these threads are several pages long and has some interesting discussions going on that I'll be diving into once I find the time, and I will once again ask my lead admins to also check out the section to represent the leadership of the server. This doesn't only fall on my shoulders, but the lead team as a whole. We'll do our best to try and engage in interesting discussions with you, so that we can make LSRP a better community! In the recent lead meeting, Cayl has also committed himself to creating a thread that will outline the requirements and how to apply for the Verified Discussions usergroup, as there was only vague information on how you could acquire that usergroup and be able to participate in the discussions, so if you're interested in joining this usergroup, look here.

Modding Team Update

Whilst the modding team has not been in the spotlight a lot over the last few months, there have been a couple of projects in the works behind the scenes. With the latest revision a bunch of new faction related skins have been added, and the team is currently working on revamping the models on the server. This includes fixing skins that requires some editing, removing those that serve no purpose anymore and adding new ones for everyone to use.

Project Furniture

One of the other projects that was mentioned a couple of months back is the furniture update. The modding team will make and implement new custom models for the furniture system, there is a community feedback thread on that found here. The team has been making a lot of progress and it is expected that new additions will be added to the furniture system real soon! Definitely something to look forward to!

Modding Stream

The modding team has its own Twitch stream, over at twitch.tv/lsrpmodding where they do regular streams showcasing current projects and teaching the viewers about modding, but also interact with the viewers to learn new stuff themselves. On the weekend there are contests that involve real prize money, so it is definitely worth giving the channel a follow and join the modding discord to be alerted when they go live.

Narc - Modding Team Leader

Side Jobs Update

Hey! We're now in to September. Crazy! I took over the Side Job Moderation Team two months ago with the release of the July update. Since then, we've all been working hard behind the scenes to keep the section active and to ensure that everyone who enquires about a side job gets a prompt reply.

Going forward, we're open to your suggestions on any new side jobs that you'd like to see introduced and run under the Side Job scheme. You can directly PM any ideas you may have to myself.

Cashew - Head of Side Jobs

I'll also use this opportunity to remind you all that Detective and Boxing/Kung-Fu Instructor applications are still open, you can find out more here: viewforum.php?f=687

August was a great month - lets make September another one!

Contact Us
If you have any complaints, questions or general feedback, my inbox is always open and I try to answer as quickly as possible. Before you do send me a message though, be sure that there's no other point of contact that could answer in my stead by looking at the master list here.
Benjamin
Management
About me
Los Santos Roleplay
LS:RP UCP
Ticket Support
Contact Information
Discord: Bennemus#2367

Forum PM

Coconuty
Game Administrator
Ingame name: Maggie Pyles

Re: September 2020 Staff Update

Post by Coconuty » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Congratulations!

Ace
LS:RP Tester

Post by Ace » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Ten
Senior Administrator
Ingame name: Leo

Post by Ten » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:43 pm

Congratulations.

Cayl
Head of Testers
Ingame name: Daniel_Chen

Post by Cayl » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Congrats!

Nature
Ingame name: Jerram_Hill

Post by Nature » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Cool!!!! :D

FL
Mafia
Mafia

Post by FL » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Shout out Mikey_Rogers

Jehn
A Tradition of Service
A Tradition of Service
Ingame name: Derek Miller

Post by Jehn » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

grats!!

Frost.
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: batman

Post by Frost. » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

congrats felony, plannit, bader, phil and nature
Last edited by Frost. on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cashew
Senior Forum Moderator
Ingame name: George Dixon

Post by Cashew » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

WojtexPL
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Ingame name: Adam Hofmeyer

Post by WojtexPL » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Wow, congrats!

JayEast
Ingame name: DJ Korrupt

Post by JayEast » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

roblox oof

Meduza

Post by Meduza » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Congratulations!

Spectre
Senior Administrator
Ingame name: Sergej Ljubic

Post by Spectre » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Welcome back, ic3squid. Congratulations Zeek. About time.

Coral
Senior Administrator
Ingame name: Samuel Amato

Post by Coral » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Congratulations, welcome new testers and new admins.

Return to “Announcements”