Protesting In Game

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Ben
Management

Protesting In Game

Post by Ben » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:13 pm

Hey all,

For the past three days, there have been protests in game in relation to the brutal murder of George Floyd. If you do not know what this is about, I strongly recommend you research it online. Knowledge on this subject matters, and acting on it definitely makes a difference too - as long as you do it right. On the 14th of March I made a post on roleplaying around the Corona Virus. Although Los Santos is based on Los Angeles, and there are parallels between our roleplaying universe and real life, there are thin lines between roleplaying things in game that's happening in real life against roleplaying things in game. Lately, these protests in game have been affecting a number of players in different ways. Some people want to see more of it, some people want to see less of it. It's turned into a complete chaos where we've got people shouting racist slurs in the riots and protests, and that's simply not okay, and not something I want to see on our server.

Like the coronavirus post, this is a message that seeks to stop the protests in game on an OOC background. Therefore, with immediate effect, there will be no protesting around the real life events and happenings. Anything that's to be protested in game is to stem from in-game events (it could be discriminating IC laws, police brutality, etcetera), and I'd love to see that happening as well. You're also not allowed to use the advertisement system to call people to your protest, unless you've got a protest permission from the Licensing Bureau. Since Los Santos is located in a fictive state, there should also be no roleplaying around the George Floyd murder, as that's not something San Andreas has been affiliated with in any way, shape or form.

Thank you for your understanding.
Benjamin
Management
About me
Los Santos Roleplay
LS:RP UCP
Ticket Support
Contact Information
Discord: Bennemus#2367

Forum PM

Return to “Announcements”