Outreach Team

Any important server news or announcements will be posted here.

Moderators: Lead Developers, Senior Lead Admins

Darren_Rhymes
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Re: Outreach Team

Post by Darren_Rhymes » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 pm

Looking forward to see what drops.

samman187
Mafia
Mafia

Post by samman187 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm

Dropper wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:44 pm
ZredsHD wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:38 pm
Finally some real changes but what’s the word on faceinvader?
Hi! A team is still being selected in order to manage the site. You can see more information about the picking process on this thread.
we both know thats a lie, there's no way it takes a month + to sift through the applications put through.

Dropper
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dropper » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 pm

samman187 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm
we both know thats a lie, there's no way it takes a month + to sift through the applications put through.
Had I not directly asked about the status to make sure of it before answering, then you'd be right in suspecting that! It's only been a little over two weeks since the deadline, and the end goal is to have a good selection to ensure the site's uptime, as opposed to it falling down once again and to go through the same process all over again.

We do understand concerns stemming from the subject, and it's not giving us any pleasure to keep people waiting either, but we're trying to get it all right this time around.

Taymor_McIntyre
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia

Post by Taymor_McIntyre » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:37 pm

Got my dick hard W

evaru
from Latvia
from Latvia

Post by evaru » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:38 pm

Shit is getting serious more and more! Love it, love the opportunities.

samman187
Mafia
Mafia

Post by samman187 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:51 pm

Dropper wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 pm
samman187 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:03 pm
Had I not directly asked about the status to make sure of it before answering, then you'd be right in suspecting that! It's only been a little over two weeks since the deadline, and the end goal is to have a good selection to ensure the site's uptime, as opposed to it falling down once again and to go through the same process all over again.

We do understand concerns stemming from the subject, and it's not giving us any pleasure to keep people waiting either, but we're trying to get it all right this time around.
You guys make it seem like you're trying to manage a whole space shuttle, I had my own version of the site up within an hour and it was running perfectly with next to no issues.

It really isn't that hard, it's not like there's fifty set of applicants to choose from. Before you guys work on an outreach team, work on a player retention team because the lack of transparency and stringing along is what people hate the most.

Dropper
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dropper » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 am

samman187 wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:51 pm
You guys make it seem like you're trying to manage a whole space shuttle, I had my own version of the site up within an hour and it was running perfectly with next to no issues.

It really isn't that hard, it's not like there's fifty set of applicants to choose from. Before you guys work on an outreach team, work on a player retention team because the lack of transparency and stringing along is what people hate the most.
If we could've had it out any earlier, then we would have done so, and that gladly! The main point is that noting the delay in the selection process doesn't really achieve anything. It is reasonable for community members to have a channel to express their frustration, and we do understand that, but we'd also want to emphasize that we're not doing this somehow on purpose.

We definitely aren't just holding the project in our hands and picking a random time to release it, especially when we know that it's very desired for a good part of the server, but we are instead looking forward to getting it sorted out as soon as we have the means to do so. There is a lot more that stands in a candidate's suitability than their ability to get a site up and running, but also their image, their credibility, so on and so forth.

In regard to transparency and communication, that is actually supposed to be the purpose of this thread, which mentions transparency and our connection with the community in two different parts of the text! That is precisely as well why we're open in acknowledging that the site has been down for a while now and that people are rightfully concerned, but also acknowledging that we are trying to deliver the best solution and nothing else.

I hope this helps clear the situation up! If you have any further questions or concerns, I'm more than happy to address anything over private messages.

PeterPergo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by PeterPergo » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:06 pm

took yall long enough

gibsons
Gangster
Gangster
Ingame name: Benny Sheffield

Post by gibsons » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 pm

Finally, wish you best of luck.

Gragas
Silver Member
Silver Member
Ingame name: Ted Talbert

Post by Gragas » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:53 pm

that's cool!

quezd
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Leontay_Hawkins

Post by quezd » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:16 pm

Cool.

OhTwo
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don

Post by OhTwo » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:29 pm

ight show us what you all got

Volkoff
Wannabe Don
Wannabe Don
Ingame name: Octavia

Post by Volkoff » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:12 pm

Amazing to see this finally happen.

Alban_Berisha
Wannabe Mafia
Wannabe Mafia
Ingame name: ts

Post by Alban_Berisha » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:01 pm

Give us an official thread regarding the current stage of faceinvader, then update it properly? I think it is quite incompetent to give selective replies instead of an official, frequent and updated summary on what is BEING done. It's been so long since the deadline and the work has not even started?!

Dropper
Retired Administrator
Retired Administrator

Post by Dropper » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Alban_Berisha wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:01 pm
Give us an official thread regarding the current stage of faceinvader, then update it properly? I think it is quite incompetent to give selective replies instead of an official, frequent and updated summary on what is BEING done. It's been so long since the deadline and the work has not even started?!
I believe the initial thread's definition of a deadline wasn't clear! The 'deadline' is referring to the 'deadline' for application submission, not for the plan's execution. I can't reply to precise technical details or the approach, but I can get back to you with this information. The current situation is and has been that the selection of an adequate team is still undergoing, and that is really just why the thread hasn't been updated—as there hasn't been much new information of substance to be added.

Return to “Announcements”