Roughly one month ago, I have been appointed to lead and help build the foundation of a newly founded team within the community, namely the Outreach Team. In our push in achieving better transparency and building a better bridge between the community and the staff team as well as the development team, we have come together and spent the last few weeks developing on base notions, which we have brought to fully bloomed discussions.
I'd like to begin by introducing the current roster in its entirety, which we hope to expand with time:
- New server trailer
- It's no secret that there hasn't been much to give an image or actually represent the atmosphere of the server for a while now. The currently existing trailer, which was made over eight years ago, is well dated in terms of quality and relevance to the server. Our plans are to bring all aspects of the server together in a compact format, which will be our spearhead in our movement in bettering the experience of new players that come to hear about us.
- Faction showcases
- As an incentive to get the community together, we are going to soon launch a project designed for faction leaders and members to unite and present their factions in the format of a video. This of course applies to all factions on the servers, and we plan to reveal more details at a later date. At the moment, we plan to issue premium memberships for creators of prize-winning videos, and will expand the opportunities present to official factions, which will be able to choose from a variety of options, such as additional custom skin slots.
- Social media platforms
- Los Santos Roleplay has fallen out in the domain of social media and publicity overall almost two and a half years ago now. Our plans are to revive all social media platforms which we manage, including Twitter and YouTube, but we are also considering creating an Instagram page. We plan to publish content representative of the server's action, as well as publications detailing development updates or significant server changes. An idea that we have considered is rehosting content made by content creators on the community, accompanied by credits on their work, as well as offering other prizes for content creators which are featured often.
- Announcements and newsletters
- Following recent events on the server, we definitely got the message that transparency is among the most desired changes asked for by the community. As part of the Outreach Team, we plan on making frequent publications about the state of the server and any changes or news that may appear interesting to the server, and we are going to work closely with all other teams, especially the Development Team, in order to bring the server's direction to public notice.
- Server-supported news group
- We've considered bringing a scripted news faction back—in reference to the current San Andreas Network—as a fully dedicated element, after it had been downgraded and truncated a while ago. This will most likely be considered as a sub-branch of our team where our members will have its main management priority, but we will also consider taking in other members in the faction in the near future as we fix a structure and an image for the faction.
Should anyone have any inquiries or suggestions about and for the Outreach Team, or may be interested in offering any sort of collaboration or input, feel free to directly private message me or contact me over Discord — I can be found anytime on the community's official Discord server; should you message me, just be sure to mention in regard to what.